Workday

Workday Employee Reviews

Friendly and inclusive environment

People are friendly. Good career advancement opportunities though the product has become very complex and difficult to keep up with given all of the recent acquisitions.

Pros

Fun culture

Cons

Learning the product can be a challenge given the size and complexity

Great Place to work!

Great People, Great Work and the new building is very modern. The Benefits and the work life balance really stand out. most people are working remote, but also have the option of coming in.

Great job, but your mileage may vary if you're a contractor

Good place to work since there are so many nice people to meet, at least at the lower levels of the workplace totem pole. It's a little strange that coworkers are instead referred to as "workmates". Some people can be hard to work with when they refuse to follow the right protocols, but that's usually not too big an issue.Contract workers have a differently coloured badge from the "actual" employees, but no one outwardly discriminates based off of just that. However, management will not hesitate to get rid of you though without warning and there's not much you can do. If you can get them to actually hire you, you'll probably have a great time. If you're a contract worker, it's like playing minesweeper. You'll have a great time until management suddenly decides to rid of you.

Pros

Free snacks/drinks in the break room, people always have leftovers from catering, pretty much no one is a pain to work with

Cons

No job security if you're a contract worker; you can be terminated effective immediately

Great company to work for

Was a great company to work for. Very flexible and encouraging and had a great team and culture. No cons at all. Great benefits and awesome team mates.

I don't see any downsides

It's an amazing company, you can grow, and you get to take ownership of the projects you're working on.

deal manager

Worst company ever nothing good, the people are so weird. The most uncomfortable environment I’ve ever been In. Limited training and a management had zero personality. Always wanted to talk about kids not training.

Good company to work for

Overall it’s a good company. Great work life balance and management is good. Benefits are good such a insurance and WFH. Free snacks and fun work environment.

Was a great place to work.

Management great to work with, helpful and considerate. Work was varied and challenging at times which I enjoyed. Workplace culture was easy going and inclusive.

Career advancement is difficult

Getting promotion is difficult, they have advancement spreadsheet and they will use it to criticize left and right not to give promotion. However work you do it does not matter. You need to butter everyone in top level to get promotion.

Pros

workload

Cons

No Promotion, No Job Satisfaction, No Technology learning

Management déplorable

J'ai subis un désequilibre de traitement par une manager incompétente et incapable de s'ouvrir à la contradictionDes accords sur mes reponsabilités de postes qui n'ont pas étés tenus.Un machination à base de tissus de mensonges pour pouvoir m'évincer.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Workday?

Integrity and Workmates

Great culture. Strong leadership with clear focus. Solid solutions for clients. Strong sense of support among workmates with desire for all to succeed. Stronly recommend.

Great workplace culture, fun environment

Between the San Mateo and Pleasanton offices locations, both had a great culture among workmates and I felt like I could walk up and ask anyone about anything.

Pros

Lots of snacks, break rooms on every floor

Meeting great friends

This company was horrible to work for; only cons about working here is meeting some great colleagues. Management is not well at all they do not have a open door policy

Great overall outlook on work/life balance.

Lots of work to do that keeps me busy all day. No down time - which is good for me, the day goes by quickly.Manager is great; very willing to teach new skills, making me more valuable to the entire team.

great

A good review includes enough detail to give others a feel for what happened. Explain which factors contributed to your positive, negative or just so-so experience. You might also offer your view on what the company is doing well, and how they can improve. But keep things friendly and courteous!

Pros

great

Cons

Cares about employees and customers

After 2 years, I'm still pretty happy. The only reason I'd consider moving is for a better location. The Bay Area can suck. Coworkers are great, work is interesting, but need more investment in dev tools.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Office locations are in expensive locations

Great culture, but be patient!

Great culture but too many moving parts within management that can result in restarting body of work with process. Room for advancement can be slim which means you’ll need to be extremely patient.

Pros

Wonderful culture

Cons

Patience will be tested

Fun place but proprietary language

Everything is good but you have to live with proprietary language called Xpresso. This is not a normal programming language you have to code on web browser.

Pros

Stability

Cons

Xo

Ambiente lavorativo ideale per sviluppare qualsiasi carriera

Cultura forte aziendale presente su tutti i livelli: dall'atteggiamento positivo alla maternita' ai corsi professionali e personali

Pros

canteen, free snacks, fruit, beverages

Great company

Still a great company despite their rapid growth. I have been fortunate to work here for the past few years. I find the work challenging and also feel my efforts are appreciated.

Employee Centric Culture, Weak Leadership

The culture is real at Workday, and new hires experience this from day one. However, the company is very insular, and leadership can behave as if their teams are fiefdoms to be ruled over. There is almost no curiosity regarding operational best practices in the industry, so there are many core processes that are immature. Workday has found itself in the same position as its predecessor, PeopleSoft - The company has been successful in the early years, but doesn't have the right leadership and humility to grow the business.

Cons

Talks the talk, doesn't always walk the walk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Workday. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits