Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Showing all 14,041 reviews

Excellent Work Environment

Well-compensated relative to similar jobs in area. Collaborative work environment with excellent coworkers. Quickly paced due to common staff shortages; but this is made up for by the quality of existing staff.

Good at first then went bad

Been working at Fremont Location for 3 years and it’s all going downhill. Team members are nice to work with sometimes but managers are a pain for my department at least. When complaining to HR about a real problem they don’t really care or are really slow with everything. If your looking for a good job where you can just do YOUR job this is not the one. Alot of team members ask for help with little things but never give anything in return, same with managers. Higher ups are a joke

Pros

No pros

Cons

Timed breaks

Would Not Recommend

Do not work from them, very corporate and nothing like the company they used to be. Amazon has destroyed this company and management will keep high performing employees in certain positions and promote employees who do not deserve it.

Awful.

Awful place to work!The management sucks and they don't care about you.The only bright side is your coworkers are some of the best people around and you get a decent wage.

Good starting pay

Good starting pay. Opportunity to grow with the company. It can be boring at times after doing the same thing over and over again. Pretty easy job, easy to learn.

IF you know the right people youll be fine

Whole Foods was a great place to work at as of late it has become a click based organization. If you are not besties with the leadership you wont go anywhere. There is no security whether you leadership or a TM

Pros

Pay

Excelente

Excelente, permite trabajar tranquilo, desarrollo personal

Pros

excelentes

Cons

ninguno

Ok

It was a nice place until I got fired for no reason that I caused an they denied my unemployment an still have not helped me they fired me an did not care I worked never missed a day fir the 3 yes. I was there they didn't care about my living needs or food needs the just kicked me out

Easy to get burnt out

it was a great place at first, management was friendly and for the most part but the longer you were there the more strict it got. Some people did more work than others and were never addressed. Even for full time some pay periods you worked over 80hrs and others you worked barely 50.

Pros

grocery shopping discounts

Cons

strict dress code and cell phone policy

What is the best part of working at the company?Work life balance, room for advancement What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Really nothing What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very helpful and professional

What is the best part of working at the company?Store leadership, great people to work with. Healthy working environmentWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Keeping my numbers upWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good working environmentWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Steady pace

Friendly

Customers are a pain at times but the culture is relaxed . You did have to give a three week notice for requesting time off and management was on top of you !

Just start work you’re pretty chill easy-going you don’t get very many hours. You have to pick your schedule every Friday night. Benefits are pretty decent. Good people to work with good discount on food. Hiring process was pretty good. Good people to work with flexible schedule easy dress code good customers not too hard not too much heavy lifting.

Whole foods: wholesome bukkakery

Worst places to work. Management will treat you like garbage even when doing your job well. It's pointless to try. You must be reprimanded as per Management quota. You will be denied full pay raise due to random reasons. Higher Management haven't aged a day past high school. Their brain development was stunted then. Working for an Amazon owned company is like happily shooting yourself in the foot. Apply at your own risk, that's 2 years of my life I cannot get back.

Pros

Cons

Everything from your coworkers to the benefits

What is the best part of working at the company?A few coworkers. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?It's leadership. Leaders who do not lead. Lack communication and keep the high school mentality. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's cult like. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Would come in and be expected to clean up after other people; finish the tasks they didn't finish all the while doing my tasks.

High stress but good pay.

Veteran team members are dropping like flies and new teams don’t stay on long term. The company isn’t what it used to be. Benefits are only for FT employees and they come with a very high deductible.

Pros

If you understand the game you can get far.

Cons

High costs for benefit, 5% cap on yearly increase.

Good Starting Job

Full time benefits are not bad for someone who is just out of college looking to build up a resume. Whether you like the job is really going to depend on your team leader.

Work Life

Working here has been easy. The schedule is never consistent though and can be overwhelming at times. But it’s also competitive and pay is pretty low.

Don’t work here

I wouldn’t ever recommend working here. There is rampant favoritism. That’s the only way to get any sort of promotion. Supervisors talk to you like you’re a dog.

ok

I can be good sometimes and it can be bad sometimes just like many other places. Keep your head up and ask for what you need to be a better employee..

Just a job

Just a regular grocery job. Struggling store, no sales, no raises, high turn over, management was mediocre. Very little room for advancement, very little support from people above store level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Whole Foods Market
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?