VHB

VHB Employee Reviews

Good company

Hard work being in the field as a surveyor but the job is satisfying. 3 day weekends every week, good benefits, with relatively mediocre pay but that's typical starting out in a job like this.

Family oriented company

This company make sure that everyone feels important. There was no tolerance of discrimination or disrespect. From the CEO to the administration team assistants everyone took pride in working for this company.

Pros

Growth opportunities

Cons

I didn’t experience any cons

vhb review

align with other reviews here. big company lots of people to learn from.commute may be tough sometimessupportive environment but not much overhead is paid to employees.

Great Company to Work for! Cares about their employees and community

I loved working at VHB! I wish they had more jobs for me to do! They changed they focus and the data collection team didnt have much work. I didnt like the fact that they didnt communicate with me personally about financial issues. They are a great company and enjoyed working with everyone in the different departments.

Management top heavy

Management top heavy. Almost 100% billable. 50 hour work week minimum in order to meet billability. Great staff who care about each other. Variety of projects to work on.

Opportunity and collaboration

Collaborative work environment across multiple disciplines. Ability to pursue alternative areas of work with in multi-disciplinary company. Great work life balance with social events hosted outside of workplace.

Great place to work, friendly environment, opportunity for advancement, great management

VHB is a great place to work, would highly recommend to almost anyone. Management is wonderful, flexible schedule, very welcoming environment, lots of variety in the office in terms of fields of work.

Great people, good opportunity for a wide range of projects

Overall I enjoyed my time at VHB. The company offers a wide range of projects to get involved in and several internal employee groups to help become involved. The people are wonderful and there are lots of opportunities for advancement.

Great place to work for motivated, knowledgeable people

I am a mid-career professional in the Boston Metro area and I have found that the vast majority of my co-workers are diligent, intelligent, genuinely nice people. My manager has been very helpful with career planning and advancement, although I understand that this varies from manager to manager. The company is very vision-focused, and it knows where it wants to go. There is full support from the HR staff, the marketing team, and IT, who generally view employees in the various engineering/design/planning/science disciplines as their clients. The culture is very congenial, especially among the folks in their 20's & 30's, who take the initiative to plan fun outings and events. There is actually very low turnover in this firm of 1,300 employees. In my experience, if you have an idea or a direction you want to go in, you can find support among the managers. I would highly recommend working here. I have flexibility to work from home when needed, which is handy since I have two children who go to a school that has a lot of days off.

Pros

Great leadership within the company, accessible managers, great co-workers, great benefits

Cons

Managers' flexibility varies

Not much to say

Not much to say about my time there. I was in a group that worked hard and accomplished a lot. I made a few good friends there that I still stay in contact with.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at VHB?

Great Compnay

Great company to work for, would stay here forever. I love working here. it is great. I like it. Great company to work for. I would stay for ever. I like it

Fun and relaxed company if you keep your head down

I absolutely loved everything about the workplace, culture, benefits and the rewarding events we would have. I've never seen better benefits or nicer staff, especially working in customer service. However I will say there seems to be a hierarchy within the hierarchy and those that want to go far would do best bearing that in mind. If you have issues clear the air before things become tense. Be kind, do good work and if there are those who aren't doing their job it will stick out. All that being said, my experience aside I would highly encourage anyone to apply without hesitation because you will likely never find anywhere as wonderful to work as VHB, they really look out for their people and value quality, intelligence, camaraderie and respect. You can move up the ranks, change locations and pursue different career fields within the same company! It was a lovely family to be part of and I both enjoyed coming in to work and had a hard time leaving even after the most challenging the days.

Pros

Cell phone + plan paid for, very comprehensive healthcare (you can elect for vision, dental, disability, life insurance etc), Travel/hotel/meal reimbursements, vacation, sick time, 401K, welcoming staff & culture with fun events like bagel friday

Worst place to work

When I First started back in 2016 management was very professional but then started going to down hill through years and now its a complete joke. If you want a 2 week paycheck of under $100 dollars then this could be for you. Used to be able to work nights for safety purposes so you don't have to work in heavy traffic. New management started getting at us about that and wanted us to work at 7 am. Have you ever left your house at 7 am in Orlando, yeah not the smartest time to work on the road bent down putting tubes on the road, hammering and taping with 1 person watching your back.

Pros

Get to drive on your own or with parter

Cons

very few hours, management is a joke

Average Firm, not cut-throat

I would say VHB is an average firm, nothing special. With its medium size and partial employee ownership you are not likely to be furloughed as you might be at large firms.

Pros

Good Locations

Cons

Lack of Collaboration, Disconnection between corporate and offices

Good Company to work

Good Company to work for, learnt a lot about data collection and analysis. was a good experience. the work culture is good and there is work and life balance to quite an extent.

Can work easily with this job

The benefits are in the hours and time effort the give before starting a job in the morning and night. Once you learned the format on the tablet you can easily go forward working your short hours. The tablet holds your survey you fill in everyday. One day you are asking people to fill out a survey, the next week you can count people coming off/on a train, bus, or elevator.

Pros

Can easily have a second job

Cons

A lot of space in-between shifts

it was a great place to work

I spent almost ten years working for VHB, I worked with amazing people and did unbelievable work. Life changes were happening so it was time to focus more on my children. I have nothing but postive things to say about working at VHB.

Very Supportive Co Workers and Managers

Overalll, a wonderful place to work at! The people were wonderful and made every day enjoyable. Everyone is willing to help you grow and learn. I was unable to find the type of work I wanted to do, which was the only reason I left.

Pros

People

Cons

Highs and Lows for work

Great Place to Work

Consulting and billable hours are tough. The people are smart and forward thinking. Great opportunities to work on interesting projects. The hours can be long.

A good place to work.

VHB was a good place to work, and I was glad to be employed there. If I could have continued to work there I would have but circumstances made that impossible.

Company was great

The company was great to work for the project managers can be condescending. Hardest part of the job was work hour targets. it was micromanaging by proxie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VHB. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits