Verizon

Verizon Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,797 reviews

Verizon

I really enjoyed the work over here at Verizon. People over here were friendly yet there was a mass layoff in the past which makes me neverous to ever thinkof joining back again.

Co-workers make or break the job

I love all of my co-workers at Verizon however the customers are insufferable bringing issues for you that have nothing to do with the job. More customer service oriented than anything else. With this my co-workers make the job good because of the relationship I have with them.

It's ok

If selling and upsales come easy to you verizon is a fit. the only issue you may run into is management encouraging shady sales practices and if you refuse BEWARE.

Expect change in leadership and directives every year

great company but the pressure to perform and increased quotas wear people out. Great benefits. Expect to sell from a broad offering of solutions outside of phones and tablets. More solutions are added all the time.

Pros

relatively good pay and great benefits

Cons

pressure to change and increasingly higher quotas

Good company to work for

Was able to build a relationship with management and team members. Management is very supportive. Commission structure could be A LOT better. You can work very hard while other teammates can be lazy. Everybody still gets paid the same. They make unattainable goals so that you can get the minimum commission every month. They have great benefits as far as health insurance, and they have different ways to support you when going through something.

Good job good pay

Great job a lot of work. but work your way up play the long game and then that’s the real money. Long hours are worth putting in if you wanna make money. It’s hard to manage time so stay organized.

Too much

Everything is too much. The customers demand is too much. The expectation of all the stuff we are required to sell. The hours we work. It’s all too much!

Love it

Yassss ts fantastic I will tell everyone and their mother to come and work here I don't know where else you would want to work like the most amazing place

Work life balance is pretty good.

The company has schedules, this means that you can get some rest while off the schedule therefore offering a perfect work life balance. Good if you are young and single.

Great company to build a career with. Great benefits and pay.

Great company to work for. You can learn a lot and build up your experience and knowledge as they offer continues training and mentoring. You get well rewarded for your hard work that you put in.

Pay structure needs to be reevaluated

We get commission for our sales based off what the entire STORE sells COMBINED yet we receive INDIVIDUAL critique on what we need to do better as far as metrics/sales. Why do I care?? If i sell 100 phones but my coworker sells 2 we both get paid the same. Dont have individual sales convos if commission is not individual. They need better raises too. Yearly i would only get a up to $1 more hourly for this giant MILLION if not BILLION dollar company who profits like crazy! Pay your employees better and you will see more sales out of them

Cons

Great benefits

Horrible place to work

They will micro manage you, expect you to do more but pay you way less over time. This is not the place to find a long term career. In addition, they purposely increase your quota to pay less commissions.

I didn't really enjoy working for this company.

I didn't like the commission structure here, I also worked during covid so I didn't really get enough hours which resulted in me having to look for a new job.

Productive and fun work place

Great job to work for if you love working with people and technology. Be nice and it will reciprocate.

If you like sales and tech

If you like sales and tech it's a great job. Co-workers were awesome, had a great store manager too. Hardest thing these days is getting accessory sales. Hours can go long because you never know what you're getting when you walk up to a customer.

Pros

Environment, pay, discount

Cons

Accessory sale add ins can be difficult, hours can sometimes go long.

Great work environment

It was a good place to work if you like talking on the phone all day management is great great benefits cons long shifts but you get breaks so overall good

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long shifts

Overall good place to work. Management sometimes plays favorites but if you do your work you'll be okay. Sometimes there is a lot of pressure to meet sales goals. Very strong union.

Great place to work, good pay, worked there. Just stressful at times and a little overwhelming to work with some of the leadership at times. You need tough skin to work here.

I loved the position

As a tech assistant, I learned a lot. Most techs train well and want you to succeed. I was suddenly dismissed today as “ work order completed “ with no explanations. Disappointed, I was hoping to be ne promoted to a tech in a year or two. I thought it was a position with growth potential.

Pros

Learning

Cons

Pay rate

Great place to work under the right MGMT

Verizon is a GREAT company to work for. Unfortunately, I worked under (first line) manager who was a narcissist. This was his first job in a MGMT position and it showed.

Great group of hardworking and talented people

I worked at the Corporate Systems Group in the Lake Mary, Florida office. I really enjoyed working at Verizon. Great company, talented group of professionals, flexible work schedule.

Pros

Flexible work arrangement

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits