Vectrus

Vectrus Employee Reviews in Doha

Doha18 reviews

Long Hours, for small pay. Didn't even pay US Minimum wage. But we were over seas. Opportunity for OT, always there, Qatari Law/ US conflict .On Pay hours... 6 days a week, 10 hours work each day. sometime you got a break, sometimes you didn't. But breaks were built-in to your schedule. But you couldn't always take them do to the work load. The Culture was good, the Upper management was good. The Department managers could use some refining... The best part of the job, helping the customers (soldiers/ sailors/Airman)

Run don't walk away from the company

I wouldnt recommend this company. Run don't walk way from this company. The upper management is the worst and the HR department doesn't help you in a bad situation with leadership.

Great Company to work for

My Team manager and team lead are awesome people to work with. They really took care of the teams needs and our concerns were taken cared of to the best of their abilities.

Vary stressfull company to work for

Vectrus promised the Air Force they would hire and maintain X amount of employees to do the job . They Failed in that area . I was under a contract working as a mechanic , vectrus and the the air force kept trying to get me to do jobs that was not agreed to in the contract ' We were given a 10 passenger mini van with a bad clutch to use as a service van , Vectrus management team had no knowledge of the contract that they had won . From day 1 up until Vectrus lost the contract to another Company ' It was fly by the seat of the pants ' there was times I had to go down to DRMO and look for usably parts to get equipment out of the shop . We had to use the air force parts system to order parts and it took months to get anything ' Mean time equipment kept pilling up ' Parts On order . Working for Vectrus and the U.S Air Force was an experience That I want for get for a long time . I kept going on to the DOD Government web site to see what company's won and lost contracts ' There is where I fund out Vectrus had lost he contract ' when I confronted the shop supervisor and site lead ' they denied the company was in trouble ' 8 months into the contract vectrus lost it to Dyna Core . When I went threw Vectrus hiring process in Florida ' there were former employees there as well ' They were saying Vectrus wasn't a good company . They were right ' I should of listened and went home then . Any how they did pay for every body's return ticket home . Although I have to say the Air Force Isn't an easy customer to support as well .

Pros

you work 5 days a week, no over time

Cons

Vary Bad management

Only Okay

Gave me the step up i needed but wouldn't look forward to going back. The workplace could be pretty stressful because of customers or just management in general. So be on a clear path and know what you want.

Productive and fun

Productive and fun workplace, they even have ping pong tables as recreation there. management is always there to listen and appreciate a new ideas anytime.

Productive fun workplace

Vectrus was a great place to enhance and learn new skills for progression in the competitive workplace. Upper management always was there to assist when needed.

Great Place to Work

If you want to get employment that takes you out of the country (USA) and go on Deployment, this is a great place to start / work. If you DON'T like to be in the Middle East, this job is not for you.

Pros

Travel to Foreign Countries (U.A.E. / Qatar )

Cons

Long Work Hours, 12 Hour Work Days

Horrible Company

Don't do it, Don't accept work with Vectrus, at least not any contract in Qatar. Horrible, Bad !!!! No leadership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing special

Good company but, very poor management.They have favoritism nothing much to say about Vectrus.It was an overseas job and I was not getting paid enough to go across the world for a small amount of money. Job is easy location is good .

Poor leadership

If you work for them, know company policy and regulations. Very unorganized. Incompetent leaders that expect results without knowing it caring about proper procedures.

Pros

Get to site see

Cons

6 day work week

Love My Job

I enjoy what I do and my Boss is Great. Working for this company has been a Great learning experience for Me...Working hand and hand with the Military has taught me a lot

Actually saw a great company go down hill

I worked for ITT which was a great company, good wages, good management and a company that cared for their employees. It changed from ITT to Exlis and then Vectrus which was poorly managed which caused the company to lose the contract.

Pros

it was a paycheck

Cons

miss managed, low pay, hard to advance

Poor Company to work for overseas

The Company doesn't look out for its works like they should, there were many people who tried to stay until the contract was over in Qatar. The work and the compensation does not add up at all when you are working overseas.

Average contracting company

The company was an average contractor company. Management was average as well as the majority of colleagues I worked with. Vectrus provides a very flexible leave program

Pros

Leave program

Cons

Pay relative to other contractors

An work position providing good manager skills

While good managing skill set was obtained, the work environment and the management staff had been in the position for so long, there was an attitude of not caring. Most of the employees at the location were good to work with. I was able to hone my managing skill set and acquire newer job skills to enhance my performance.

Pros

Company provided housing and vehicle

Cons

Pay too much for insurance

Generally its great working with vectrus

Its enjoyable working with all types of nationalities i have learned to be calm,listen and understand someone before making any conclusion. management is generally high my co-workers are supportive the hardest part of the job is investigating the root cause of an accident. Training other employees the need to be safe always.

Pros

on time remuneration, company parties, paid health care

Cons

taking long time before acting on something

Good amd enjpyable place to work

Started my day off by talking to all the supervisors in the department, going from section to visit with the staff. The hardest part of the day was working with the government counter parts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vectrus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vectrus
  • Doha
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?