Vectrus

Vectrus Employee Reviews

I liked the group

Vectors do not have a 401K match. I wish we receive more support from management. Putting 10-14 engineers in a van is not good to be transported from work to the apartment is not a good idea.

Run don't walk away from the company

I wouldnt recommend this company. Run don't walk way from this company. The upper management is the worst and the HR department doesn't help you in a bad situation with leadership.

Unqualified Management / Inexperienced

The company does not clearly define specific roles to outline scope of duty. It is a good contract if you are looking to escort Other Country Nationals around for twelve hours a day. The attitude of the employees is one of the lowest I have ever worked around. There are no professional standards all and any type of language is excusable around anyone. Any type of appearance is acceptable regardless of medical requirements. This is not a position that a professional can put on their resume. Be aware of the attitudes and disfunction. You will not be assigned to the position you apply for. You will be placed wherever the last person quit. You will be sharing a room that fits enough for two beds and two wall lockers. If you end the contract early you will pay back most the bonus, the lodging, and airfare.

Pros

Free Food and lodging

Cons

Inexperienced Management; High insurance premiums; Low pay

Great Company to work for

My Team manager and team lead are awesome people to work with. They really took care of the teams needs and our concerns were taken cared of to the best of their abilities.

Long Hours, for small pay. Didn't even pay US Minimum wage. But we were over seas. Opportunity for OT, always there, Qatari Law/ US conflict .On Pay hours... 6 days a week, 10 hours work each day. sometime you got a break, sometimes you didn't. But breaks were built-in to your schedule. But you couldn't always take them do to the work load. The Culture was good, the Upper management was good. The Department managers could use some refining... The best part of the job, helping the customers (soldiers/ sailors/Airman)

Horrible management of the employees. There is no solid structure or support for the staff. Management threatens and gives write ups for their lack of guidance.

Vary stressfull company to work for

Vectrus promised the Air Force they would hire and maintain X amount of employees to do the job . They Failed in that area . I was under a contract working as a mechanic , vectrus and the the air force kept trying to get me to do jobs that was not agreed to in the contract ' We were given a 10 passenger mini van with a bad clutch to use as a service van , Vectrus management team had no knowledge of the contract that they had won . From day 1 up until Vectrus lost the contract to another Company ' It was fly by the seat of the pants ' there was times I had to go down to DRMO and look for usably parts to get equipment out of the shop . We had to use the air force parts system to order parts and it took months to get anything ' Mean time equipment kept pilling up ' Parts On order . Working for Vectrus and the U.S Air Force was an experience That I want for get for a long time . I kept going on to the DOD Government web site to see what company's won and lost contracts ' There is where I fund out Vectrus had lost he contract ' when I confronted the shop supervisor and site lead ' they denied the company was in trouble ' 8 months into the contract vectrus lost it to Dyna Core . When I went threw Vectrus hiring process in Florida ' there were former employees there as well ' They were saying Vectrus wasn't a good company . They were right ' I should of listened and went home then . Any how they did pay for every body's return ticket home . Although I have to say the Air Force Isn't an easy customer to support as well .

Pros

you work 5 days a week, no over time

Cons

Vary Bad management

Only Okay

Gave me the step up i needed but wouldn't look forward to going back. The workplace could be pretty stressful because of customers or just management in general. So be on a clear path and know what you want.

Great experience

It was my first contract and they gave me my secret clearance so I’m very grateful and thankful. Great starting opportunity for me in the contracting world.

Productive and fun

Productive and fun workplace, they even have ping pong tables as recreation there. management is always there to listen and appreciate a new ideas anytime.

Bad Experience

I got the job and it started great. I was working hard but was happy. Then they started taking my money away from me. I worked the same ours but they told me I was overpaid. They are disorganized and dishonest which contributed into high turnover. It got to the point where I had enough so I quit.

Room for improvement

The company is good but the workers feel under paid and under appreciated. If upper management knew more about the processes at the specific sites, employees wouldn’t quit after two weeks.

Productive fun workplace

Vectrus was a great place to enhance and learn new skills for progression in the competitive workplace. Upper management always was there to assist when needed.

In the company was good

This company name is vectrus and this company has good in this company doing workers are well job and they are company is in qatar Doha at I'm doing work in this company custodian job

Great Place to Work

If you want to get employment that takes you out of the country (USA) and go on Deployment, this is a great place to start / work. If you DON'T like to be in the Middle East, this job is not for you.

Pros

Travel to Foreign Countries (U.A.E. / Qatar )

Cons

Long Work Hours, 12 Hour Work Days

Horrible Company

Don't do it, Don't accept work with Vectrus, at least not any contract in Qatar. Horrible, Bad !!!! No leadership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing special

Good company but, very poor management.They have favoritism nothing much to say about Vectrus.It was an overseas job and I was not getting paid enough to go across the world for a small amount of money. Job is easy location is good .

Poor leadership

If you work for them, know company policy and regulations. Very unorganized. Incompetent leaders that expect results without knowing it caring about proper procedures.

Pros

Get to site see

Cons

6 day work week

Love My Job

I enjoy what I do and my Boss is Great. Working for this company has been a Great learning experience for Me...Working hand and hand with the Military has taught me a lot

Actually saw a great company go down hill

I worked for ITT which was a great company, good wages, good management and a company that cared for their employees. It changed from ITT to Exlis and then Vectrus which was poorly managed which caused the company to lose the contract.

Pros

it was a paycheck

Cons

miss managed, low pay, hard to advance

Great company to work for

Management is very supportive and willing to help career progression. Workplace culture is very professional and fun. Living accommodations are very nice if working OCONUS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vectrus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Vectrus Reviews by Location

• Vectrus
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?