USO Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Landstul, GermanyMay 21, 2018
I enjoy working here. I love helping out and assisting the soldiers. Welcoming them home or sending them off with friendly faces! Its my way of giving back to my community and it does feel good
Pros
volunteer work
Cons
no benefits
Creates and environment for soldiers to relax and have fun.
Front desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buehring KuwaitMay 14, 2018
Working with the USO was a blessing that I was able to partake in. As a volunteer I helped with basic tasks around the building. The managers and paid employees were very kind and caring always putting on a brave face even in the face of danger.

The USO is a wonderful company. Its permanent employees can be assigned (on volunteer basis I think) to serve abroad in many locations including some areas classified as areas of imminent danger and combat duty stations. They are as brave as the soldiers they tend to.

The work place culture is as you would expect of a recreation center. Most duties are covered by volunteers but maintenance and supervision are conducted by paid employ. It is not to say they do not work as they step in and help constantly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you truly are making a difference in the lives of people who are literally going through the most difficult time of their lives on a daily basis. Being able to work with people from around the world and give help to anyone who needs it is satisfying regardless of being paid to do it or volunteering.
Fun Loving Place
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 28, 2018
A typical work day is signing in soldier and their family member to utilize any thing we had to offer. I would prepare daily food, drinks and snack for all guess. In this Job there was nothing had you come into an atmosphere where everyone always has a smile on their face and are ready and willing to help you in which ever way we can help you.
Pros
peaceful environment, all the free amenities.
Fun place to work
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  JapanMarch 23, 2018
Hard to balance life with so limited staff being overseas. Your family will sacrifice ALOT. However, it is a lot of fun and giving back to the military community is the best.
na
Vice President, Pacific Region (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 4, 2018
so it don't have any coments to provide at this time. its is pretty much a buyer beware is all I can say - more about the money that taking care of troops and families. I would put them in last place compared to wounded warrior
Fun work place, Had games and food, mostly relaxed with no problems
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 22, 2018
It was a great working environment, where everyone has fun and things are always nice and calm. Most of the work included just handing out snacks or making sure that things stayed neat and tidy. Management was always nice, and relatively civil. The hardest part of the job was definitely taking orders around during rushes and cleaning up after big rushes, but the happy atmosphere and the nice time with my coworkers was worth it.
Pros
Free dinner, we got to watch movies or play games if there was extra free time
Cons
No bathrooms nearby, we also had to deal with many people who had trauma or mental health issues.
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Fun workplace great people nice customers great pay with the opportunity to make A lot of money and connections in a short amount of time I would work there again
Center Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2017
The USO is an organization that is there to help military members and their family. Since I have ben there, I have seen first hand how members of the armed forces are taken care of.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camp Walker, KRSeptember 26, 2017
I volunteered here for a year and it was a fantastic experience. I got to meet many people which became both friends and business partners. I'd recommend this experience for anyone
Positive Arbeitsplatz
Manager (Former Employee) –  WiesbadenAugust 23, 2017
Ein Super Job als Manager.

Viel Leistung aber
Sehr wenig Gehalt
Inventur 1 mal im Monat
Kult Laden fuer Soldaten und Familien angehoerigen
Tolle Menschen kennengelernt
Tours und trips in Deutschland verkauft und war selbst dabei als Geschaeftsfuehrer der USO in Hessen.
Pros
Id card
Cons
Viel Arbeit & sehr wenig Lohn :(
great organization
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2017
great organization glad am able to help them volunteer organization that supports military service member families and retirees by providing comfortable place to rest and other programs
Great Job!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 14, 2017
I would recommend working for the USO, if you can afford too. Everything about the job is great, except the pay. I do not have one negative thing to say, besides the pay.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Office Space, Training, Location
Cons
Pay
productive and fun work place
SEO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJuly 4, 2017
It is the start of my career that is first salary where i got in iotabird where i learned to work in a group and acquired more knowledge on the seo and its interesting to work.
Great Place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  YokosukaJune 9, 2017
This is a great team to be apart of to help the service members that protect our nation to relax and unwind after long deployments and long work days .
Fun Enviroment
Transition Coach (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 30, 2017
The environment is very fun and the people that I work with are amazing. The job is to assist military personnel and their families prepare for post military life. It can be a demanding job because people really are looking for you to assist them in moving on with their civilian life.
Genuinely helping clientele with enthusiastic people
Receptionist Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 24, 2017
Genuinely helping clientele with enthusiastic people in the facility. Plenty of variety of duties within the office. Various projects available and performance positively recognized by the employer.
Trabajo poco pesado, seriedad y alegría en el ambiente
Auxiliar Administrativa (Former Employee) –  Granada, GranadaApril 18, 2017
Me lo pasaba bien, buen ambiente, nos entendíamos bien entre todos.
Pros
Buen horario
Cons
No creo que hubieran contras
Love working here
Intern (Current Employee) –  Rome, ITApril 6, 2017
I think this is a wonderful place to work at. Have the opportunity to interact with people from all around the world and you are able to give back to those who serve this country.
Productive and relaxed work setting
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 8, 2017
Workplace culture was enjoyable and relaxed, we were able to complete many tasks, accomplish many goals and provide exceptional customer service and assistance to service members and their families.
Just a stepping stone to better things
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2016
Working at G4S is the place to go to find better employment when your down on your luck. Everything is okay at first, don't buy the shoes they offer at the office. They will work with your schedule, but the company is always short on people while the risk of losing contracts.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Depends on supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USO. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4