U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Qatar23 reviews
Great job and thankful for my service! I’ve met good people and established great friends in my 24 years of service to the country that I love the most.
Company and HR are out to screw you and not honor the job offer agreement. Serious problem when went overseas and agreed payment issues with living and auto for performing work. Wanted the company PT&C to honor our agreement, and reimburse the amounts specified. Company took this as complaining and difficult to work with and was terminated without cause.
You work hard as a Soldier, defending the United States. I served with Honor, Loyalty, Dignity and Respect. Its a great place to get learn a new career.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It was a deployment so it will vary based on when and where you go. Where I was at was very hot but the amenities were good. Pay is great when you take into account the tax free benefits.
Pros
benefits, pay (tax free), accrue a lot of vacation
Cons
being away for so long
Work lots and lots of hours for a salary. Has your employer ever owed you more than a months pay, plus over a thousand dollars in travel expenses, on a credit credit they made you get that charges you interest at 17% for over a year? Have they ever sent you from Missouri to California and forgotten they sent you out there and cancelled your return flight, hotel and rental car? Have you ever had to argue and fight with your employer to be compensated for your travel year after year after year? Have you ever missed a child support payment because you haven't been paid in over 45 days and lost visitation rights to your child? If any of these experiences sound like a hoot to your, the U.S. Army may be right for you. As a bonus you may also be deployed for 18 months at a time to beautiful sunny Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar or Afghanistan.
Pros
Pension
Cons
You are just a number and you are disposable, they will remind you of this.
I would totally work in Doha Qatar again. And I highly recommend it to anyone. The Location is a lot greater and worth almost any contract you can get there. The company doesn't pay much at all. But like I said, living in Doha??? The richest country in the world? And only a 30min flight from Dubai? 45min from Bahrain? I highly recommend you take a job in Qatar. But do not expect to live off the pay and take care of home back in the states. I don't have anything to pay for besides my storage. So I could afford to go to the roof top parties & all around town.
Pros
Living the Life
Cons
As a mechanic, no contract is paying a lot of money
Long work days, bonding relationships through shared hardships, and a unique job experience I wouldn't trade for anything. My time in the Army has come to an end, but I still look at my time in fondly and am grateful for the knowledge and experience I received during my time in.
Pros
Long lunches, benefits
Cons
long work days, difficult work/family balance
I enjoyed the assignment I was working on. I found purpose in supporting the bigger picture and enjoyed the people I worked with. However being able to help make changes at the level I was at or being able to help influence processes was stressful and tedious.
Pros
free food all meals, free health care, free dental
Cons
location, time away from family
i work confidently everyday ,i learned a lot with my co-workers,work place is good and safe ..the enjoyable part is when outage comes and need to restore ,i learned about that coordination with my co-workr
Pros
living outside
Cons
health card
I enjoyed my time in the army. I enjoyed the ability to travel and have had experiences I couldn't get in any other profession. Team work is an important part of the Army and learning to be both a leader and a follower were able to prepare me to be more effective in other professions after I retired.
Pros
Travel and Team work
Cons
Family life balance
it was an enjoyable company to work for during the short time I did work for them. had to leave for deployment, but the pay could have been better.....lol
The great option to success. You will learn life experiences while traveling the world. The hardest part about the job is being away from your family.
Good place to work, with an understanding leader and boss, will like to go back and work. The greatest thing about the job, was that the leader take care of his employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
work more then 17 hours a day.
I would wake up at 4 A.M. to conduct PT Monday through Friday and start PT at 5 A.M., PT ended at 6 A.M. I would have to be at work for 9 A.M., when I would get to work I would then send out my daily report to my NCO and to my Battalion. I would then go to lunch for 11:30 A.M. then be back by 1 P.M. After lunch I would start working on my new tasks or a task I knew needed to be done. The work day would end at 5 P.M.

I had some very good NCO's in Qatar, they took care of me and managed me very well. All of my co-workers liked my work ethic and how fast I finished my tasks and helped them finish theirs.

The hardest part of the job was closing out hand receipts and inventorying all of the equipment I signed for. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was finished with all of my tasks and when the work day ended.

While being in the Military I learned that you are not going to have everything your way when you want, and you are not the main focus, its about teamwork.
Pros
Meeting New People, Get to Travel, Military Discount
Cons
PT at 5 AM Monday through Friday, Always on standby
Joining the Military is a great way to meet different cultures, or deal with many personalities. The only down fall would be being away from you family and friends, but with today’s technology it’s fairly easy to still keep in touch with everyone.
The United States Military is an excellent institution. It is filled with dedicated professionals.
- Managed vehicle lease's and maintenance contract’s
- Training personal on logistics, information systems and maintenace procedures

- Supervising contractors, workers, DOD civilians and drivers for
Managed more than a million dollars worth of medical equipment. Days consisted of picking at least 800 line items with 5 personnel as well as storing on average 56 pallets of medical equipment.
Happy to work with them. interesting in work place. Good caring place. following the all safety manars
.everyday routine job
.different knowledge learned

.management safety concerned

.Good coworkers

.salary issue

.team work
Pros
Free Transport
Cons
Free Health care
When working for the Army in Qatar it was a great place to explore a different culture.