The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Management reviews

Qatar57 reviews
it is one of the best mixed emotion place to work with different diversity,atmosphere.

people are very friendly and the best in the Ritz-Carlton the value of the employees is very high
Management does not care about the staff, it's dog eat dog. Overtime is not countered for. Short staffed in all departments, a management that is self serving. And at the end of the day you are expected to work with a huge smile on your face when the working environment is not conjusive at all. I would not recommend anyone to work in the Ritz Carlton Doha!
Worked in RItz Carlton Doha and it was the worst experience of my life it was my 4 ritz carlton property in a management position and i found the RITZ CARLTON Doha being the most unfair place. When complaint and commented to the highest management , i ve been simply being asked to go to be able to not being fired and having a black note on my resume . Pushed to resigned instead of focusing on the real problem. I left and work now for a great company. I have worked in the Ritz Carlton in other continents and I was so proud to be blue blood until this happens to me and make me feel like all what they teach us was not real and we are not the highest resources as per our moto.
Pros
RITZ-CARLTON in theory is amazin
Cons
Unfairness
I enjoyed the diversity and work culture. Management however isn't very supportive to persons who are over ambitious, promotions aren't given on merit of work output.
The cross-training program is a way for employees to immerse themselves to other departments. This is a chance to get absorbed by the said department and change careers.
A typical workday begins early at five o' clock in the morning. Throughout the morning I work with the busy breakfast buffet. The rest of my day consists of mice-en-place in the cold kitchen and sometimes preparing and serving banquets and events if there are any that day. During the afternoon I will prepare everything for the dinner buffet. The length of my workday can differ depending on how much work there is and if any of my colleagues need help. I usually finish work at six or seven o' clock.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting my wonderful colleagues every day and as a team serving great food. However there are difficult parts as well. I would say that the hardest part of my work is that the hours can get very long during busy seasons, and that I have not been offered the ability to grow and learn as much as I would like to.

I am however thankful for my time at Sharq. I have learned a great deal about taking charge of the food production, about the academic and economical part of being a chef and about working in very large scale productions since working for example large catering and in house-events. Lastly I have learned how to multitask and work at a high speed without feeling stressed.

The culture at the hotel is very good and socially it is easy to feel welcomed and comfortable.
The management is good and stable, however I feel again that I through the management have been prohibited in my development as a chef.
Pros
Free housing, food and transport. Good social climate.
Cons
Long hours and not enough chances to grow.
The Ritz-Carlton is the placed where diversity is valued and the quality of every single employee is very important because the company itself valued each and everyone.

On the other matter, some people who's in the positioned are using their power in advance in accordance in their own benefits.

But in General, I love to work at the Ritz-Carlton Company
i learn how to handle pressure situation in heavy operation, also to manage work, learn hotel management , learn new electrical technology , RMS, HIGH VOLTAGE, GENERATOR , CPU,BMS, DRAWINGS, INTERNET.
Pros
Fooding
Cons
Accommodation
Food and beverage service
Learning how to working in luxury hotel with responsibility.

Management very nice.company culture is Arabic.
Hardest part of job is the hotel is resort is you mush working extra fast to make excelent service to the guest.

Job is enjoy because all the team member working together with fun and happy like family.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Ritz-Carlton?
My typical day was my first day in joining event department
I have learned event planning

Professional management
Diversity was valued, we learned each other culture
Hardest part of the job when you don't have enough staff

Most enjoyable part of the job when you receive thank you letter or appreciation letter from the guest
-on a typical day at work your leaders are always involving you in whats going on.
-I learnt empowerment and that I can be part of shaping a guests stay.

-management embodies The Ritz-Carlton culture and core beliefs
-in the workplace we all treat each other with respect and high regard we are family and we are Ladies and Gentlemen.
-The hardest part of job would be the extremely busy periods, but even then we al work as a team to ensure the job gets done.

- The enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team that values you and being able to build relationships with everyone from the GM to the Landscaper
Pros
Medical Care, Housing, Transport, Open Door Policy, Empowerment
I have success my career with below most important element.

Time Management
Technical

Friendly

Does not take hard way

Support others always

Fast Learner
Pros
Not specified yet
Cons
Does not take work Hours
Punctuality starting the day. Learned to work with different staff in different areas and no job is too little. Trying to work with co-workers and see the way they work and vice-versa. Seeing Management around as part of the team.

The hards part learning to be discreet! and the most enjoyable learning in my position from the best in the Evening.
Pros
The "Motto", the mystic
Cons
leaving to far from work
The best culture and philosophy is big assets for this company, very nice management, prompt actions, giving appreciations, chance to learn everything from the basica
A great place to work, Management always looking for new ways to improve customer service with your input. Never a dull day, you are always learning something new
Pros
Free Meals, Transportation and Accomodation
Cons
Long Hours
I have learned a lot how to handle guests and their request, how to adapt to situation quickly and how to solve guest problems independently and efficiently.

It was a very pleasant experience overall, I certainly did learn a lot, however management team was not at its best when it comes to promoting their own staff, they preferred to hire people from the outside, which has lead to resignation of many people.
On the other side, they were very supportive when it comes to learning and tutoring and being independent.

Co-workers were very friendly and very much open for cooperation which made the job a lot easier.
Pros
working hours, free meals, acomodation, leave days
Cons
staff was very much divided by nationality and race
typical day at work is very good. i learned a lot about proper service, more details in food and beverage. the upper management is poor handled, there is a lot of employees who deserved to be acknowledge but the senior leaders only focus on themselves. Co-workers is awesome, they are the best team. hardest part of the job is having insufficient time for things to be done and lack of proper equipments. most enjoyable part of the job is when we create memories for our guest at the same time memories that we all cherish forever.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Every day is an opportunity to create a guest for life,Every day when I come to work, I see as an opportunity to create a special memory for our guest and members and to sell the facilities but to sell an experiencing
-Every day, I have the opportunity to learn something new, as well as how to create unique and memorable experience for our guest. All of our multicultural team members have the passion for providing the Ritz Carlton legendary service

- The management of the Hotel treat each Ladies and Gentlemen with integrity and respect, there is an equal opportunity to learn and grow with the company
- The hardest part of the job some time is the location of the hotel but the hotels facilities are amazing and specially to work with the winning team is great, this can make us feel better and forget about the location

The most enjoyable is to be part of the Ritz Carlton family, love working with the team of hospitality professionals who have the passion for the people and who are always ready to do extra mile for the community
Pros
tax free
Cons
location
Jag har erfarenhet att jobba under press och stress.
Det är fem stjärnor hotell och gästerna har alltid rätt.

Vi fungerade som ett team.
I loved that place form the first moment. A lot of passion, inspiration from leaders, the company had clear guidelines and standards from the beginning, very strong leadership and HR. A huge focus on employee satisfaction. I recommend it anytime.
A typical day at work. (a) I check and reply to my mails
(b) conduct the morning briefing