The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Management reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 2,362 reviews
career advancement and career change are offered
Accounting/Finance (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 24, 2019
The cross-training program is a way for employees to immerse themselves to other departments. This is a chance to get absorbed by the said department and change careers.
A stable and friendly workplace with a good offer, but which has not given enough chances to learn and develop.
Demi Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  DohaApril 21, 2019
A typical workday begins early at five o' clock in the morning. Throughout the morning I work with the busy breakfast buffet. The rest of my day consists of mice-en-place in the cold kitchen and sometimes preparing and serving banquets and events if there are any that day. During the afternoon I will prepare everything for the dinner buffet. The length of my workday can differ depending on how much work there is and if any of my colleagues need help. I usually finish work at six or seven o' clock.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting my wonderful colleagues every day and as a team serving great food. However there are difficult parts as well. I would say that the hardest part of my work is that the hours can get very long during busy seasons, and that I have not been offered the ability to grow and learn as much as I would like to.

I am however thankful for my time at Sharq. I have learned a great deal about taking charge of the food production, about the academic and economical part of being a chef and about working in very large scale productions since working for example large catering and in house-events. Lastly I have learned how to multitask and work at a high speed without feeling stressed.

The culture at the hotel is very good and socially it is easy to feel welcomed and comfortable. The management is good and stable, however I feel again that I through the management have been prohibited in my development as a chef.
Pros
Free housing, food and transport. Good social climate.
Cons
Long hours and not enough chances to grow.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Baquet Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  DohaMarch 16, 2019
The Ritz-Carlton is the placed where diversity is valued and the quality of every single employee is very important because the company itself valued each and everyone.

On the other matter, some people who's in the positioned are using their power in advance in accordance in their own benefits.

But in General, I love to work at the Ritz-Carlton Company
what i learn
electrical technician (Current Employee) –  DohaFebruary 23, 2019
i learn how to handle pressure situation in heavy operation, also to manage work, learn hotel management , learn new electrical technology , RMS, HIGH VOLTAGE, GENERATOR , CPU,BMS, DRAWINGS, INTERNET.
Pros
Fooding
Cons
Accommodation
Fun nice freindly familiar
Greter (Former Employee) –  DohaDecember 5, 2017
Food and beverage service
Learning how to working in luxury hotel with responsibility.
Management very nice.company culture is Arabic.
Hardest part of job is the hotel is resort is you mush working extra fast to make excelent service to the guest.
Job is enjoy because all the team member working together with fun and happy like family.
Unforgettable experience
Event Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 13, 2017
My typical day was my first day in joining event department
I have learned event planning
Professional management
Diversity was valued, we learned each other culture
Hardest part of the job when you don't have enough staff
Most enjoyable part of the job when you receive thank you letter or appreciation letter from the guest
It is a company concerned with the growth and well being of the individual
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  DohaJune 8, 2017
-on a typical day at work your leaders are always involving you in whats going on.
-I learnt empowerment and that I can be part of shaping a guests stay.
-management embodies The Ritz-Carlton culture and core beliefs
-in the workplace we all treat each other with respect and high regard we are family and we are Ladies and Gentlemen.
-The hardest part of job would be the extremely busy periods, but even then we al work as a team to ensure the job gets done.
- The enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team that values you and being able to build relationships with everyone from the GM to the Landscaper
Pros
Medical Care, Housing, Transport, Open Door Policy, Empowerment
Work place is always Home
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DohaMay 8, 2017
I have success my career with below most important element.

Time Management
Technical
Friendly
Does not take hard way
Support others always
Fast Learner
Pros
Not specified yet
Cons
Does not take work Hours
The job is pretty much the same every day, giving the opportunity to get very familiar with the different tasks needed to perform. A typical day at th
Junior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  QatarJanuary 6, 2017
Punctuality starting the day. Learned to work with different staff in different areas and no job is too little. Trying to work with co-workers and see the way they work and vice-versa. Seeing Management around as part of the team.

The hards part learning to be discreet! and the most enjoyable learning in my position from the best in the Evening.
Pros
The "Motto", the mystic
Cons
leaving to far from work
Fun and safety
Commiis-2 (Current Employee) –  DohaDecember 13, 2016
The best culture and philosophy is big assets for this company, very nice management, prompt actions, giving appreciations, chance to learn everything from the basica
Productive and Fun Workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 30, 2016
A great place to work, Management always looking for new ways to improve customer service with your input. Never a dull day, you are always learning something new
Pros
Free Meals, Transportation and Accomodation
Cons
Long Hours
Good company to work with, bad managment
Butler (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 9, 2016
I have learned a lot how to handle guests and their request, how to adapt to situation quickly and how to solve guest problems independently and efficiently.

It was a very pleasant experience overall, I certainly did learn a lot, however management team was not at its best when it comes to promoting their own staff, they preferred to hire people from the outside, which has lead to resignation of many people.
On the other side, they were very supportive when it comes to learning and tutoring and being independent.
Co-workers were very friendly and very much open for cooperation which made the job a lot easier.
Pros
working hours, free meals, acomodation, leave days
Cons
staff was very much divided by nationality and race
Fun and reliable team mates but poor management from senior leaders
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  DohaApril 14, 2016
typical day at work is very good. i learned a lot about proper service, more details in food and beverage. the upper management is poor handled, there is a lot of employees who deserved to be acknowledge but the senior leaders only focus on themselves. Co-workers is awesome, they are the best team. hardest part of the job is having insufficient time for things to be done and lack of proper equipments. most enjoyable part of the job is when we create memories for our guest at the same time memories that we all cherish forever.
Pros
free lunches
Proud to be part of the Ritz Carlton family
Director of Spa and Recreation (Current Employee) –  Doha,July 17, 2015
Every day is an opportunity to create a guest for life,Every day when I come to work, I see as an opportunity to create a special memory for our guest and members and to sell the facilities but to sell an experiencing
-Every day, I have the opportunity to learn something new, as well as how to create unique and memorable experience for our guest. All of our multicultural team members have the passion for providing the Ritz Carlton legendary service
- The management of the Hotel treat each Ladies and Gentlemen with integrity and respect, there is an equal opportunity to learn and grow with the company
- The hardest part of the job some time is the location of the hotel but the hotels facilities are amazing and specially to work with the winning team is great, this can make us feel better and forget about the location
The most enjoyable is to be part of the Ritz Carlton family, love working with the team of hospitality professionals who have the passion for the people and who are always ready to do extra mile for the community
Pros
tax free
Cons
location
Excellent place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWSeptember 5, 2013
I loved that place form the first moment. A lot of passion, inspiration from leaders, the company had clear guidelines and standards from the beginning, very strong leadership and HR. A huge focus on employee satisfaction. I recommend it anytime.
Fun work place. You meet a lot of pleasant people and employee outing is always great fun
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  QatarApril 12, 2013
A typical day at work. (a) I check and reply to my mails
(b) conduct the morning briefing