Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you do not have a life outside of your career

I truly believe that your experience at Tetra Tech is dependent on your office. My office was pretty terrible at balancing work/life and had poor management who did not look out for their employees. They were only concerned with the bottom line, and had no regard for the career goals of their lower level employees and field crew. I often times would be in the field working long hours (10-12 hours, 5 days a week) and on top of that would consistently get emails asking for reports and other office type work to be completed. There was definitely the expectation to write reports in the evenings after a long day of field work. I would get calls and emails at all hours of the day and was extremely stressed the majority of my time working there. The company as a whole is great however. There are great benefits, tons of leave and salary was comparable. It truly just depends on your office and operating unit. I had a horrible office and was extremely stressed, under appreciated and was not able to achieve the goals I wanted to in my career. Thank goodness I had a lot of leave because I needed it in order to keep my sanity!I had to use my personal things A LOT for work. My cellphone was constantly used for emails, documents etc. for work while I was in the field. Which was frustrating given that Tetra Tech is an international company and other offices had company cell phones given to their employees. So once again it truly depends on your office, but beware when applying! Ask very specific questions about your job duties and hold them to it. They will send you where ever they need -

Pros

Great benefits, leave, salary etc. Very professional

Cons

Very long hours, horrible work/life balance, poor management

Review

Lack of organization, HR policies & procedures are absent from the work space. No organization at any site. Company wide severe rudeness is the norm. No Training provided at all.

Pros

Overtime hours

Cons

Huge lack of organization, no IT, no HR with equitable policies, rampant harassment, Supervisor promoted with no experience but by favoritism, low hourly wage, constant verbal abuse from supervisors, inadequate office space for over 3k staff.

What is the best part of working at the company?As long as you learn and do your job nobody bothers you. Overtime is what makes it worth. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Making sure your driver does what should be done. Sometimes locations are far away and gas costs goes up. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I felt comfortable with my supervisors and most peers. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Sun up to sun down following a disaster recovery truck who is picking up debri caused by a disaster.

Hey, get money.

Lots of work, lots to do. Never a raise, "I don't know" is a management strategy. 7 days a week twelve hours a day. Perfect for someone sometimes. overtime

0 work life balance and was forced to work 7 days a week

Typical day- 9 to 5 in office fulfilling procurment needs of teams in the fields by purchasing and sending out the requested items. Go home at 5 but still need to be available to respond to emails until 9pm from your work laptop but only get paid for time spent actually fullfilling requests and not the time you are forced to spend within reach of your work laptop if an order comes in. By the way thats weekends included. I was told that I had to respond to orders placed within hours of them coming in so I was not allowed to go anywhere that kept me away from my laptop for more than an hour. This happened for months. Managment came off as friendly and helpful in the begininng but it was really just an illusion of a healthy work relationship. Hard work was ignored and mistakes were harshly judged. I could go on and on but this is already long enough. My department was understaffed after the two before me quit due to the working conditions leaving me with all the work as managment wasnt willing to help out but was content to watch youtube in their offices. Maybe theyre gone now and it will be better for the people who come after me. However I somehow doubt it. Best of luck to you if you plan on moving forward with it though. Hope it works out for you.

Pros

Unlimited overtime

Cons

No pto, contract work, 0 work life balance, overbearing managment, micromanaging, 7 day work weeks

Great environment

People are great, upper management is very good and along with employees. As long as you do your work they are very comprehensive and teach you. Growth opportunity

Busy, stressful but rewarding

Good place to work, variety of projects and clients, good benefits and flexible working policy but with many clients the work can be fast paced and stressful, expect to do quite a bit of overtime to keep on top of things properly.

Nice work environment and co workers

Nice work environment and co workers. Construction inspection and design departments are top notch. More people needed in summer but easy to find summer help typically.

Good entry level job for engineers

Learned a lot and given many opportunities if you just ask the right questions and have a good attitude. Some project manager was awesome but some not so much. Pay could be better better.

Unorganized and unprofessional

I was there a day and management was extremely unorganized I had one day of training for an hour then got sent out with someone who had only worked for one day and had been givin the wrong instructions. So along with waisting a half a tank of gas I also got talked down to by male management multiple times. Not worth it.

Cons

Bad description bad leadership

Employees rewarded with food/activities.

Pay was fair, potential to work remotely. Hard to get full-time employment with benefits. Work is contract/temporary. Management concerned with quantity over quality, but states opposite.

Great place to learn but not grow

Management has priorities mixed up. Would rather hire on new folks with more pay than promote within. Able to make decent money with overtime but can get burnt out quick.

Great company

They really are helping the community and the environment when they come out it isn't everyday you find a company that cares and they know how to train

Eh

It was a decent job without reliability of hours or length of work. You would work alot though and they would lay you off without warning. You will only find work after a large fire or disaster.

Excellent company and team to work with

Happy to have worked with Tetra Tech under their International Development division. The supervisors were supportive. I had a great team at the construction site.

Pros

Supportive supervisors

Cons

n/a

Some talented and gifted staff with background and credentials

Tetra Tech somehow obtains challenging work with growth opportunities. Management is corrupt, falsifies reports and deliverables with staff signatures and credentials. Staff turnover is constant, section managers continue with no questioning

Pros

Challenging work opportunities

Cons

Incompetent managament, fraud and legal risks for all participants

Probably the worst working environment I have ever experienced.

I believe the greatest skill of the management team is to fire people, very often without reason. Stabbing in the back the most common practice thoroughly supported by the manager. Extremely toxic working environments that is coming from the head. NEVER AGAIN TT!!!

Pros

Nothing at all!!!

Cons

Different experience depending on departement

Work life balance depends on the project or client you're affected to. The culture is also different depending on the department directors. Some departments are a joy to work at while others are so so. Good networking opportunities. I would recommend to shop for the big projects while interviewing.

Stay away from toxic environment

Terrible company especially the Farmington. Hills office. Stay away from this overrated company. They do not help their employees at all. Please do not work here !!!

Great company full of opportunity

Tetra Tech was a great company with many opportunities where you make your own path. Benefits could be a little better especially time off, but overall not bad. Management was always great and easy to talk to.

Great experience

Wonderful work environment great place to be. Great amazing fun worker's who make the day go by very quickly. Our days are tied together through our great atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tetra Tech. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits