Tesla

Tesla Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,224 reviews

Productive workplace

Great working environment, stressful at times. Great benefits offered by Tesla. Opportunities endless for advancement. Great management and upper management

Terrible

Not enough time for breaks, extreme hot condition, bosses aren’t helpful. This place is a complete mess do not waste your time! Run and I mean RUN from this job

You will have no life it’s 12 hour shifts and hard Manuel labor you only get ahead if you’re a favorite and it’s a hazardous working condition great benefits though

Okay workplace

My typical day at work started at 5:30 people that worked there were friendly it was the leads that tried so hard to poke you and make you quit the supervisors were friendly

Tesla Engineering, not all great not all bad

Ok, so the machinery is usually kept to the highest spec, however, if you want to get anywhere make sure that you join the management clique. If you're not and you make attempts to step out of your lane you'll be firmly shoved back into it!

Good job, stability issues

The decision to bring everyone in from work from home without any notice resulted in loss of workforce and the employees still working with a huge workload.

Happy to help change the world

This isn’t an easy job but it’s very rewarding. I have no complaints beside wish it was more of a priority to promote from within. Otherwise pay is fantastic, benefits are amazing and the people are all likeminded.

Hot! Hot! Hot! Factory

So I tried to work at the gigafactory Texas and I was so excited to be a part of tesla finally. The factory us at about 100° F anywhere in it. Everybody in Mt orientation group was sweating profusely and I sweat alot more than most people so that made my sweating just ridiculous. I had to leave for this reason but it does seem like a place to make good money. You also have to park a mile away and take shuttles to get to the front door so be prepared to get there super early and leave super late.

Pros

Good money possible

Cons

The heat inside the factory

Awesome atmosphere fast paste work environment great coworkers

Working at tesla was a great experience. Definitely a company on a mission to change the world for the better. High stardard work environment fast paste and educational. The management is unorganized at times. Tesla is a great experience for anybody.

Productive and Easy

Easy work. Really good management at least where I was at and great opportunity to learn a lot and move up in the company. Hardest part was probably just having to work 12 hours but other than that no complaints.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tesla?

Needs lots of improvements

After training you rarely get help. You constantly get angry customer due to the lack of communication within departments and when you do reach out to other departments they tend to be rude or hang up on you. They tend to care more about their policies then the employee and/or customer. I’m really disappointed in such “advanced” company.

Production

Good job if u like hard work. Longg hours. You get snacks and stuff. Short breaks. A lot of pros and cons . Hard to say im still getting the grasp of things

Good management just hard work

Enjoyed the job, however, it can be hard on your body after a while and I wish the pay had been a little more. I learned a lot overall and felt supported by the manager I had.

Pros

Good management, felt supported

Cons

Short breaks, no real time to rest and recuperate

Depends on department

I enjoyed my work and the techs I worked with. Overly production driven to the point where it hindered scheduled maintenance work. For lack of better terms a "who you know" promotion environment. Expectations are unrealistic for advancement. Has potential to be a top place for employees to like but like a lot of companies, who's C-suite personnel never worked in the trenches, most floor employees are overworked and underpaid

Envirnoment

Tesla does whatever they want and has little care or concern about personnel. The work environment is toxic from HR to management. No real obtainable goals and planning for your position. It’s a place where the cycle is to be there 60hiurs a week or loose job.

Benefits

Cons

Management, culture and lack of structure

Don’t apply

Pay is low for how much work you do plus we only get a raise once a year when it used to be twice. They also took our bonuses away that we used to get when performance reviews came but they took it away and also lowered how much we get when we do get a raise. Benefits are decent. Moving up is all about who you know not what you know.

Great company

Still some minor flaws but defiantly a place I would recommend to work at, lots of support and managers will help get things done.most of the workers work as a team and help each other out.

Fast paced environment

It’s a not bad experience, they pay you hard work and your salary is equal to your work, so if you want earn more money, you need to stay late and do more work spontaneous.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Hard work

Fun

I enjoy having cool and chill coworkers it makes the job more bare able. That work is pretty labor intensive Burt overall is t too bad depending on what line you’re on

Click orientated work environment.

Click-orientated work environment. Employees either join a click or suffer the consequences. Never admit you have never called in at work. They will target you in a minute. Management is poor because most of the managers are young and inexperienced. Most managers leave as soon as they get experience for other companies. I have read other company reviews, and the stories are the same—lazy employees disappearing on the job, no retribution from management. I am sorry to say most of us are running from the new work ethic that is no ethics at all. Until companies learn not to promote their friends and come down on people without ethics, we will have nowhere to go next.

Pros

You can go home after 12 hours

Cons

Very hostile workplace.

Stressful, sometimes fullfilling, yet depressing place of work.

In an ever-changing environment such as this one, things can get quite stressful, whether that be job advancement or lesser things. There is favoritism everywhere, but plenty of job opportunities as long as you show initiative towards achieving and receiving that job. Honestly, your experience of this place entirely relies on where you are put within the factory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Tesla
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?