T-Mobile

T-Mobile Employee Reviews

Showing all 25,788 reviews

A very relaxed workplace which challenges your sales knowledge and brings out your competitor

T Mobile is great place to work at. They are very flexible with scheduling and honor all types of availability. Days can range fro being really slow to really fast paced but you are always doing something. Whether it be making sales, calling customers about promotions, or changing out merchandise. A great working environment with a lot of opportunity to grow.

Fun but...

The benefits are what kept me there for 10+ years through the stress of retail life. They have a balance between customer service focused metrics and sales metrics but gerrymander what counts toward goals to ensure compensation multipliers are not met.

Pros

Health insurance is cheap even for part time and leave for fostercare and adoption.

Cons

Compensation has decreased and oportunities for POC to have upward mobility is few and far between.

Potential to earn with hourly + commission

with the right management it can be a really good work environment, Liked the pay structure and pretty decent benefits. Would recommend if your good at sales

Worst place I've EVER worked

The managers were horrible. They do not care about people's personal things that happen. I worked at the store in Laporte 55 hour weeks! Worked at multiple stores. And the first write up i ever got was because I was 30 minutes late for morning sickness! I made my coworker aware (managers don't actually work in the store). They also cut my hours when I let them know I was pregnant. And when I was 8 months pregnant, they scheduled me to work and had me working with no running water (no bathroom) and no heat, thankfully the employee that came in after me agreed that it's best I go. The most HORRIBLE people to work for.

Fun workplace

Great place to work, with great benefits and pay, I don't have anything bad to say about this work place. The service sucks tho. They also have good deals

I’m a 12 year rep

For starters when you come to work for T-Mobile, in order to be successful, you MUST arrive to work with a driven sense to help and serve others. If you can’t do that or find it hard to be friendly T-Mobile will be a harsh experience. Commission and culture is lovely and the job does offer a cushion for you to be yourself and it’s not a hard job. Dealing with customer issues and off the wall BS happens occasionally but that’s every job. With T-Mobile think “ Energetic and friendly” vs aggressive and persistent. The items sell themselves, I think making the customer feel welcome and respected is 90% of the work. Now from experience you might want to beware in fraternizing with co-workers as it can leads to conflicts at work. There are some reps making massive commission checks while others barely make none, and mixing business with pleasure is a huge red flag. Overall if I lasted 12 years any one can!

Pros

One of the best places to work

Cons

You MUST be on your very best behavior

Stressful & consuming

In the short time I’ve been at T-Mobile I’ve never been so nervous or anxious to go into work everyday I work I have sweaty hands & I get hazed daily.

Pros

Fill the fridge

Cons

Short breaks

What is the best part of working at the company?The compensation and benefitsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The customers and metric goals are unrealistic with todays economyWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful and high driven for performance. They do shoot for a fun and lively culture

not bad

you have to have a lot of energy to bleed magenta. but the money and benefits are really good especially if you have children. you also really have to like upselling and selling to make the big bucks

Good pay and benefits

This is a review of the call center specifically. The pay brings people in, the benefits are great! The down side with T-Mobile is that it is a draining job, the higher you go the more they ask of you and the more pressure you have to perform with the looming threat of going back on the phones if you ease up or mess up. I would not recommend this as a career unless you want to give all of your time to a corporation and never make mistakes.That being said, the management was fantastic and the culture was inclusive and very welcoming (usually). If you just want to take some calls to figure out your next steps in life, then sure! Just keep an eye on your mental health.

Pros

Lots of fantasatic people to work with

Cons

high pressure to perform, unforgiving work environment.

What is the best part of working at the company?To be honest it’s a great place to work for when you work for a store that has no employee preferences. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Stressful when you’re new and it’s real busy you can’t find no one to help you especially if you have to deal with the Sprint PC. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s alright once you have the floor packed down and you know what you’re doing. What is a typical day like for you at the company?It depends. Usually having to Get the sprint customers to transition into T-Mobile.

Sometimes it’s better to wait for something else.

I enjoy the few interactions I have with my coworkers and I enjoy that my work benefit is that my phone bill is cheaper. That’s where it ends. Like I said I have few interactions with my coworkers because out of the 7 of us 6 are in the back while I am alone on the floor without help. You also need to hold onto your iPad like it is your wallet. Someone else uses it and they make a mistake it comes out of your pay. You accidentally use someone else’s tablet and you didn’t make sure you’re logged in? They get the pay. Commission is also changing every month so it’s pointless to budget. And if someone cancels a service before 120 days. That’s right 120 days that money comes out of your paycheck. Management expects you to become an MLM and force yourself and the service (which is good) on friends and family. To the point nobody in your personal life wants to be around you or talk to you. All for sales.

Pros

Cheaper phone bill

Cons

The worst of retail/sales mixed with MLM mentality

Good upbeat enviroment

Overall it was a good company to work for, just hate working so many nights and every weekend. I did thay for 7 years. Your experience can vary depending on what store you get hired at, management plays an inportant role on wether youll enjoy your job or not.

Great people but leadership disorganized

Company is going backward when other companies are adopting flexible work schedules to expand their pool of talent. If you don’t believe me look at their job postings for Corporate roles and compare the benefits against other big companies. This has caused employee morale to plummet. Do no work here if you value work life balance. The people here are great about working with you and don’t hesitate to help each other. But goals and initiatives are constantly changing and you won’t have all the tools or budget to get things done. More bad days than good and I don’t see that improving unless there is a major change in leadership.

What is the best part of working at the company?There was absolutely nothing good What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything was stressful there What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was extremely frustrating sWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Boring. No direction. Watching over your shoulder

Great leadership

It's really overall a great place to work. I only left because I needed more hours and had other offers at the time. Overall really great place to work.

Pros

pay, leadership

Cons

hours

Biggest mom and pop I've ever worked for

The mantra is "uncarrier". The company grew quickly and it never developed the standards and processes that you'd expect in a big mature organization and it shows. Decisions are made without complete information and they trip over themselves on a regular basis over mistakes.

Your mental health will decline faster then blinking your eyes.

This work place says so much how they want you to grow within their company and want to help you succeed but with all reality they just want people on the phones. This job makes your mental health plummet! I would not recommend working here one single but. I wish you could submit 0 stars

Pros

Time off

Cons

Everything but time off

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay was decent What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I was not protected against racist customers and was blamed for their behavior. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Co-workers were great. Hostile environment created by inexperienced commission sales manager. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Assisting new and existing customers with their phone service and or products.

Fun workplace

Good pay and benefits. Hourly plus commission. Hard part of the job is knowing the system. Typical dad would be selling and interacting with customers.

Good job and benefits

The work here is fun and engaging. Your success will be dependent on your store manager and district managers. There are many out there who are very cliquey and play favorites. Work life balance depends on your store manager and whether they are checked out or hands on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits