T-Mobile

T-Mobile Employee Reviews

Showing all 25,788 reviews

A very relaxed workplace which challenges your sales knowledge and brings out your competitor

T Mobile is great place to work at. They are very flexible with scheduling and honor all types of availability. Days can range fro being really slow to really fast paced but you are always doing something. Whether it be making sales, calling customers about promotions, or changing out merchandise. A great working environment with a lot of opportunity to grow.

It was alright

It paid the bills, but it was not ideal and the mental workload made it not sustainable over a period of many years. I did my time, they treated me alright, lots of great people work there... But career pathing feels like a popularity contest and the workload is a little much sometimes.

What is the best part of working at the company?Being able to make commission since the hourly pay isn’t much What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The managers are unprofessional and take advantage of you in order to benefit them and they also lied about pay at interview. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Unorganized, stressful, toxic What is a typical day like for you at the company?Depends on the foot traffic that day

Long tenure.

It’s all about your attitude coming in every day. You can either have a positive attitude or you can have a negative one. A Positive mindset will get you far in T-Mobile. As long as your time management is effective.On a day to day basis you will have to have a lot of patience with customers because of the same type of problem solving you’ll have to accomplish. Once you overcome problem solving and gain that level of trust with your customer up selling and maximizing your potential in the sale goes a long way. Management will observe your behaviors. As long as you’re executing all the required behaviors in order to convert then you are in good standings. Your earnings in T-Mobile are based on your attitude and how you carry yourself every day. What I’ve learned is you can’t take things too personal and you have to always adapt to change.

Mixed Bag

When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's really bad. At first, the pay was great and the opportunities were plentiful. After the merger, there were a lot of eliminations and it felt like upper management was more interested in fighting lower level staff than fixing issues.

Fun Place to Work!!

Great place to work easy hiring process within less than a week. Great people and environment since day one of trainings. Trainings are very boring but beneficial !! Great culture and decent pay

Overbearing upper management with immoral sales goals.

You are told during your interview T-Mobile is an employee and customer focused business, working to bring everyone a relaxed "uncarrier" experience, but at these TPR stores, that's far from the case. Sales goals go from something that you can be accomplished by to just numbers that can get the DMs off your back. If you don't care about the grind of sales, then go somewhere else for base-pay. Promotions are slim, and some in the company have been laid off for no apparent reason after multiple years of being a part of the company. If you want to work for T-Mobile, or any cell-phone sales company really, please go work for their corporate store locations. Their base pay is higher, they have higher commission percentages, and are generally in a better location. Go on r/tmobile, search TPR, and read the stories from customers on how it's not just EW doing this, but almost every TPR is ransacking the T-Mobile brand. The core values T-Mobile talks about during training and interviews usually ring true at their corporate locations.I went from TPR to Corporate and the improvements in morale in employees and customer satisfaction are immense. Hope this and the other reviews are a fair warning.

Pros

Commission is solid, though it has a charge-back period of 6 months.

Cons

Poor hours, DM's that constantly watch cameras and stress you out, lower pay for a more stressful location than corporate, advancement is slim to none.

Fun competitive work place

Great place to work, low stress and competitive pay if you do your job and are good at sales in general. Def enjoyed my time there, hours aren't long

Culture changed drastically

T-Mobile was a great place to work pre-covid and Sprint Acquisition. Once those things happened, the culture shifted in the wrong direction and leadership did not have a clear vision of what the company is or should be. Multiple failed attempts to launch products that weren't properly tested causing employees to miss goals and potentially lose there jobs to name a few. After 12 years of "bleeding Magenta" and seeing T-Mobile as my career for life I left the company.

Great job and pay

Great job and pay. Direct leadership has always been great to work with. Just not much opportunities in the small cities. Have to move to big cities for more opportunities

Fun workplace, good pay

Being a T-Mobile Mobile Expert is all about what you put in. It’s an excellent position to work to get your feet wet with in sales, and the pay is respectable. People often think we’re paid like we work at McDonald’s, when in fact many of us are paid as well as police or educators.

Extremely stressful

In my time at the Frisco Office multiple people had to leave for mental health from the stress of the job. T-Mobile has all these great talking points about their culture but nobody working there follows them and it creates a very toxic environment.

Benefits

Cons

Toxicity

Working for TMO

It's not a bad company. I work with a lot of great people, just as project manager I feel like we spin our wheels a lot. I work in a satellite location, and I feel like we get left out on a lot of things.

Pros

Worklife Balance

Cons

Pay/benefits

The good.

Working with T-Mobile was a great experience. No matter where someone finds themselves, they can always learn something new and good; it is always good to be open and ready to new learning experiences.

Pros

Working From Home.

Cons

Short breaks.

Loved working here

I quit due to a lack of confidence in my direct leader but she has since been terminated so it should be back to a great place to work. Great call center

Fun but stressful

Decent pay, but encouraged to lie to customers about charges when upgrading or doing things with their account. Pretty immoral, but had supportive coworkers and manager.

Stay Away

work here if you just want to get laid off in a year. they care nothing about their employees or customers. upper management is a mess. unorganized and not qualified to to the job they were hired for. they care about one bottom line. the dollar.

Pros

phone service discount

Cons

no work life balance

Great start into customer services & sales. You learn a lot in such few days. Work place is fun when coworkers are nice. Pay is decent, there’s always hours.

productinve workplace

The company is a great company to work and have fun while doing so. Each employee is valued for the person that the are. Teams work well together and enjoy the work

A Number

I personally liked T-Mobile at first, but the management treats you like a number. The goals are pretty easy to hit, and the pay is sub-par. It seems management is unfair, unjust, and only worried about their own money.

depending on location but commission pay

You can either have a great experience or a bad one. It really depends on who your manager is. Most of the time you will be moved around every 6 months or so if your new.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • T-Mobile
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?