SPIE logo
SPIE

SPIE Employee Reviews

Overall good.

They did break contract and made me pay for my own field break tickets home. I could not say anything as I wss scared yo not be paid then. I was also made to sign a declaration before my last salary, so again I did not want to take the chance. This was my only issue with them. This was also big part the client's fault.

Pros

Contract was good for me. Especially in the beginning.

Cons

Client instructions to SPIE was vague as they were not sure what they wanted.

range of clients

It is one of the biggest manpower outsourcing company in the region. they have variety of clients from Govt. Semi Govt, and Private sector. the work culture is very energetic and supportive.

Awesome experience

Excellent company, no words to say negatively! Work safety training complete set. Driving support. Pleasant environment. Happy to work here in Qatar. I love my job. So, I didn't felt bad about anything in our company.

Nice workplace

Non stop learning. Good safety cultur. Comprehensive and nice management. Welfare of the employees. We make our site simple to carry out a safe job. No unsafe job.

Job site is good

day to day planning is always a challenge due to continuous changes in priority and weather constraints, I learned to be more flexible and always be prepared, managements are great and very accommodating. Work place culture is very professional, hardest part of my job is the rotation schedule because i need to review my back to back job and check if all are completed or any issues during his time, the most enjoyable part of my job is with my colleague.

Challenging and enjoyable work

A positive culture was always implemented to the workers for safe system of work. I learned a lot of technical things in this project, leadership and teamwork. The enjoyable and hard part of our job is when we have a emergency job/overtime job everybody is cooperating and participating in a safe manner.

Enjoying the work culture and Management of SPIE

1. Great Management Support 2. Better working culture and environment 3. Salaries and Benefits are projects oriented that is the major disadvantage 4. Have to wait too long for the growth even though you are proven to be deserved due to project boundaries

Pros

Free Accommodation with paid kitchen and Free Travel

Cons

No employee benefit programs and slow growth for the best employees

excellent Co-operation with Employer

12 hrs duty with proper rest of time 28/28 day on-off duty Mobilize and de-mobilization facility with flight India to qatar multi culture working environment

Pros

free food and accomodation

job culture is not bad

Job and work life is not good.job security is good.the new management attitude is very bad .job culture and environment is good.the total benefits also not good

Demanding schedule but highly compensated

Overseas assignment, project driven. A diverse cultural group made workplace interesting and sometimes challenging. The most difficult part of the project was maintaining demanding schedules requiring extremely long hours yet compensation made enduring such schedules rewarding.

Pros

Benefits in compensation, air travel coverage, medical insurance

Cons

No paid time off.

Jobs at SPIE

See more jobs

SPIE Reflections

Demanding agency management, subcontracted direct to Project Management Team with little support from agency. Work/life balance depended on each contract and the clients demand.

Pros

Salary

Cons

No training

Working in Multinational company group ,joy full

They provide 4 star accomodation , Contract with only multinational and large cap group industries , Salary and other benifits relevant to company employee

Pros

Free lunch, allowances and accommodation

Cons

As per company standard 8 hrs

Blessing to work with SPIE

Supportive and helpful to us. Nice to work with. Can be recommended to other friends. At the beginning, they provided us transportation and accommodation but later I requested to give to me my allocated 'allowances' and I'll take care of my own house and transportation. They agree and it was big help to me. Good.

Pros

Advance salary

Cons

na

The management needs to focus more on problems on site and give more support to workers.

The company has changed management and has resulted in minimal on site support and hiring of unqualified personnel, they are either with relation to office staffs or request by managers friends. The job can be easily handled and the compensation is at acceptable level.

Pros

compensation is at acceptable level

Cons

unqualified assistants that are hard to manage, minimal on site support

It's not productive and I'm not gaining any good experience at all.

A typical day start from the distribution of permits which mostly for my group is just neither cleaning of cabinet, workstations or HMI, or uninstalling them and taking them to the server room and that is it. I can't say that I didn't learn something but it is very very few because most of the time i will be the one who would tell them how to approach the job. my co-worker are not trained specially my group, they got their job because high ranking relatives that put them there. The Hardest part was mostly doing nothing at all, which is for me is totally nightmare because your not gaining anything and for me it is not enjoyable.

Cons

a lot co-workers, the job itself, there is really nothing to gain.