Siemens

Siemens Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,946 reviews

CAn work without immediate supervision

Sales tools suck work when they want tooManagement constantly setting meetings and expectations weeklyTo many chiefs per indianToo worried to spend a dime to make a dollar Constantly have to get approval for any quoting done regardless of amount for some sales

Pros

Vehicle to use but you pay for private use no exceptions

Cons

Management overbearing buckle and dime management

Large org but too many people in charge leaving lack of direction

Sad could have been a great org but grossly underpaid and under appreciated. Pay scale not where it should be compared to competitors. Fantastic benefits but leadership is incompetent, leaving frequent turnover across the company.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Management does not have a clue

Clear guidelines and working practices

Very large company with many long winded processes, but great to work for. Targets are achievable and products are good. Many opportunities for advancement.

Pros

good work/life balance

Cons

Difficult to understand processes with too many people involved.

Siemens Had A Great Working Environment

Siemens was a great place to work. The culture, people and products were very good, and I was proud of the products, and felt honored to be a part of the great sales team.

No stability and a lot of turnover . A lot of unhappy employees and low morale

Would have never gone to siemens if I knew how bad it was . They use a co to onboard you that is overseas . The upper management treats customers badly . They only think about profits and the new president wants to cut jobs and expenses . They have zero regard for their employees and it’s obvious to everyone

Run dont walk away !!!

These folks rope young hopefuls in with the lure of easy money whilst secretly not even thinking of your being hired on in a full time position, they hide behind the masks of temporary agencies and the three months later they pull the rug out from under you. so your left with car payments mortgagees etc... thinking your finally on your way up and its a HUGE let down. Not one person reviews your performance or offers constructive criticisms to help keep you on the right track. Its as if they have some quota to fill. This is a horrible way to treat young men and women. Hire and tossed like an old paper towel. S.H.A.M.E !!!!!

High stress atmosphere,

A typical workday was high stress, there was no team work and no training. Management did not seem to listen when suggestions were brought to their attention. I learned a lot about needing a workplace where employees should not be overworked to the point where they do not take their breaks regularly or eat lunch at their desk. I believe that to have a productive and profitable atmosphere is to have teamwork. The hardest part of the job was the pressure and lack of teamwork. The most enjoyable part was the health, dental and vision benefits, stock options, and 401k

Great company to with if you enjoy learning by webinar

This is a company that has great benefits and work life balance. Training is always being conducted with much of it taking place via webinar. overall if you can have the opportunity to work here it can be very rewarding

Good work environment

Tough position but rewarding. Management was very helpful and provided excellent guidance to newer employees. There was a great sense of team growth and knowledge was shared amongst those in similar positions.

Recommended if you're experienced

Very easygoing, yet professional work environment with interactive staff. Work toggles between field work and desk work. Integrated software and Database systems to help reduce work-time. Hardest part of the job was to find potential clients, who would fit the criteria and be willing to avail services Most enjoyable part of the job was to travel around the city once a week to meet up with potential clients and previous clients. Management, although strict, have glaring issues relating to essential stationary. Interns are not allotted Laptops like normal employees. I did not have an internet connection, nor a laptop. All my work was done by improvising on the phone and using my own mobile internet.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Siemens?

Very business like culture from IBM days. Learned a great deal to enhance my career

A typical day was meeting with customers and prospects or meeting with Branch Manager on daily basis to review results I gained the initial knowledge of the voice and data business during my years at NEC. It was a very different time in the 80s and 90's and technology has changed drastically. We had a large sales and operations staff and I got along with everyone. The hardest part of the job was finding large enterprise customer to purchase Siemens products. The internet was just coming into play so balancing PC 101, internet and Siemens productivity tools was challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job was the comaraderie between sales and operations. There was a golf club and a softball team.

Pros

Gave me opportunity to learn the voice data business

Cons

nothing negative to say about Siemens

Exceptional Experience

I learned a ton while working selling fire alarm systems. It was a great learning experience.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

extreme long hours 80 +

Security, Fire Alarm, BAS Systems One of the best in the business when compared to the other major players.

Company infrastructure could be more employee friendly.Local mechanical reputation wasn't sterling.

Very focused and team oriented company where people are friendly and driven.

Very focused and team oriented company where people are friendly and driven to succeed. I learned to incorporate my consultative selling style with their Spin Selling skills to enhance relationships with my customers and continued to exceed my goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K