Siemens

Siemens Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,521 reviews

Great Company however local regions must improve

Very Political environment with lot's of pulling among team members and other regions, HR could have done better job to resolve the conflicts. Very Hostile.

Pros

Internationally recognized Employer

Cons

To political environment

You're Expendible

If you haven't been with the company for more than 10 years, you're the bottom rung of the ladder and they let you know it. Less senior employees are paid pennies on the dollar compared to their counterparts. They changed the pay raise system to essentially eliminate pay raises to newer employees, while the older ones will receive raises AND bonuses. I wouldn't recommend joining this company. If you do, get out before the 2 or 3 year mark. You won't be allowed to grow within your role, despite being required to perform tasks way above your pay grade.

Pros

Remote, Decent Benefits

Cons

Poor Work Life Balance, Stressful Environment, Nonexistent Compensation

Focus on learning and development of employees

I have very good experience with Siemens ltd. I was there for around 3year 3months and because of job rotations from one group to another group I could learn about various new electrical products and versatile client base.

Pros

Focus on learning, employee orientation

Cons

In Siemens India I observed excess Man power

The hourly rate was unfair.

I enjoyed the learning experience. The supervisors/management were awesome. Only thing I thought was unfair were wages. Excellent Heath benefits and 401K.

Keep on scrolling, this place sucks!

A great place to work at, many many years ago. Now it is not worth the time spent. Top officials are leaving all the time. Even a rat knows when the ship is going to sink.

Pros

Cons

They all are!

Nice company to work

Siemens is a nice company to work. You feel that they care about people most of the time. Your opinions are recpected. There is room for improvements also, such as salary and benefits, career advancement opportunities.

Pros

Flexible working hours and places

Cons

Healthcare

Great people

The project is a great place to work with fantastic multi cultural people. It's great to work for Siemens as there is always good people around you for support and guidance

Pros

Training

Cons

Contractors is all they want,

They only hire contractors with no perm positions in sight.If this doesn't bother you then go for it. Good place to launch your career and good place to learn.

Pros

flex hours

Cons

only contractor jobs available

Difficult skills you can only learn in trial by fire

I came into this role as green as it gets. I had to learn by trial by fire. I spent 2 months doing nothing then they send you to five training classes three days long each class. These classes cover the minimum skills needed to do your job. It takes me 7 times to remember something and they show it to you once. Sorry but I am not that fast of a learner. I've been in this role for 2+ years and I still struggle and don't think this job is my calling. I will be looking elsewhere for employment in the near future. If you are a very quick learner and want a steady job with some stress and hard to deal with construction people. and your great with computers then technician in building automation may be a good role for you. I mean if nothing else it's gainful employment. I suck at my job and they won't fire me.

Pros

Benefits outside of pay

Cons

Pay seems low for industry, stressful construction work environment and minimal training also corporate red tape.

Det var bättre förr

Ett stabilt företag, tyvärr så sviker ledningen nör det väl gäller.Förr i tiden så var medarbetarna guldvärda.Många anställda lämnat pga dåliga chefer.Sorgligt då Siemens i sig är väldigt bra!

Pros

Bra kollegor

Na

It’s a really good place to work. I enjoyed all the time that I spent there. I would recommend anyone to work for that company. I wish you hadn’t closed down.

Pros

It’s a really good place to work

Cons

It was hard to advance.

Great big projects to learn from

There are a lot of great big projects to work on and learn new things and skills from, so that is a plus. The downside is that they hire a lot of people as contractors and they wait for years to be hired directly, or they never are, so you kind of don't feel part of the company like that as there are some events and awards you don't get to go/receive, even doing the same work as your peers.

Pros

Salary, benefits

Cons

No new remote contracts, being a contractor makes you not feel part of the company

Productive and excellent work place

Good and excellent working atmosphere at Siemens. Very supportive seniors. Funny work environment. Flexibile leave policy. No heavy work load. Very good experience working with Siemens.

Pros

Free Lunch

Overall Cordial professional for work purposes

Quite good staffs welfare and benefits Nice and big open concept office layouts and nice cafeteria below though a bit expensive. Centralized location Mid night big order process allowed that only not very life work balance cons.

Pros

Staff welfare & benefits

Cons

Month / quarter end mid night big orders received

Cool place to work terrible treatment

They really dont care for u due to the fact they will replace u in 2 hours. For the amount of work and quantity of work we do we make the same amount as Mcdonalds workers. Big joke

Cons

Slave

Productive and fun, collaborative work atmosphere

During my time working at Siemens, I felt like a valued member of the production/test team. There was a strong sense of collaborative teamwork with a primary focus of getting the job done, yet still having fun.

Pros

People I worked with, good work atmosphere, decent benefits

Cons

Hourly compensation a bit low, short break times

Health, Safety and Environment always a priority and first

My work was a EHS Advisor working in an Oil and Gas Fabrication Yard and on the Triton Knoll Wind Farm electrical substation (mainly civil engineering).Siemens have their own HSE procedures you have to adhere to and are all set out in the "Red Book" They are mainly proactive procedures but there are procedures for reactive situations and time periods for reporting by.The workplace will always have their difficulties where some will promise the earth but their actions aren't adequate. You also get individuals with large egos who will use situations to their personal advantage rather than the good of the job. They mainly are within the client organisation rather than with Siemens themselves. I was committed and dedicated to the safety and the environment on behalf of Siemens the organisation and when this is appreciated by senior management its very much appreciated them and work colleagues.

Pros

Good pay, flexible in start and finish times

Cons

Continuity of work, I also had to deal with my own training being a contractor

Work life balance

Good place to work, lot of learnings, technology wise always has an edgeQuick to onboard innovative practices one of them is Six Sigma approach which was introduced way back in 2009

Pros

Work culture

Cons

Salary

Nice and friendly place to work

Every day was going smoothly the major problem was my supervisor manager of my team no plan and no personal involvement at the job to support the stuff.

Pros

Bonus every year

Cons

Far from my location

Avoid like covid

I took this job in 2019. Seven days in I regretted leaving my last job. The on-boarding is not just horrible its non-existent. The SAP systems at this company are a mess. Working in this department is not just stressful but you are expected to be all knowing and all controlling when you have no control over what is expensed in your profit center. In researching expenses and answering questions the information in the systems is non-existent or at best or a guessing game. The training goes like this "figure it out" or review documents that are at best 5 years or more old. This department doesn't receive the support from other departments that SHOULD BE required. My boss is a great financial accountant and someone who will take the time to show you things...BUT IS NOT a good manager of people.

Cons

Good place to work, people are the reason it is great.

Working at a production facility the stress levels are high. Other workers are helpful and friendly. They are currently automating the drafting processes for customer drawings which will mean fewer jobs needed in that department,

Pros

Flexible working environment

Cons

Stress levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1K