Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employee Reviews in Doha

Doha23 reviews
Innovative diversity in one place
Professional Global culture that makes you happy and wanting to go to work, a kind of environment that builds you up, helping you advance your skills ,
Productive and amazing place to work
Best place to work for with opportunities unlimited....!!!! Due to Schlumberger experience I am what I am. Have been to various countries while working at SLB due to work and training opportunities provided by company. I would say SLB is one of the best employers if not the best.
No longer productive
A lot of politics people inside the organization. Poor management organization. They always priorities Arabic people. They do not give a chance to rehire the ex Schlumberger people
Pros
With free lunch and good benefits
Cons
With Insurance and employees are well compensated
Ambiente de trabajo muy excelente
Es una empresa muy responsable en todos sus aspectos para la estabilidad de sus trabajadores
Pros
Vida profesional
Cons
Ninguno
Good company
Growth is very much possible in your role in this company. As long as you are committed and dedicated to your role and responsibilities no one can stop your promotion. Learning and training are norm in the company which gives your career further polish and help make you separate from other candidates.
Great company to work for if you're dedicated 100 percent to the company
Found Schlumberger very hypocritical when it came to safety
Very little respect for work life balance. The management would often take your days off away at a moments notice. Refused to hire adequate staff

Witnessed management lying to Clients
Excelent company
A company that offers its employees the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. For me it was an excellent experience to work with them, I had the opportunity to work with people of different nationalities and to know many countries.
Excellent and professional in all terms
Schlumberger was my favorite company during my 19 years in this career , it is a high profile company where you learn how to be professional in your work (Technically , safety & security , leadership , ability to work in different environments along with wide range of diversity etc...

Package and benefits and insurance were at the top levels
Pros
Package and benefits and insurance were at the top levels
Collaborative work environment
Progressive work environment in which every employee's growth ladder is well defined. Its a multi-cultural group with a clearly defined company blue print. One of the best managed oil and gas company in the world.
Pros
Free medical and education assistance
Cons
Heavy workload
good job climate
its one of the top biggest oil world company, it gave me the opportunity to progress and develop my career. the ilearn system is very useful because helps me to know what i need to do in order to get my promotion
Great Opportunities, Challenging Job with great reward
Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and enjoying their cultures while building strong friendships.
Great company to work for if you love daily challenges and enjoy overcoming obstacles which were varied but most certainly a daily occurrence.

The team spirit is unbelievable and all took ownership of his/her safety and that of others.
Pros
Global exposure, Varying cultural exposure, International Clientele, Compensation & Benefits
Tough environment, tougher people
I was very proud to work for Schlumberger. Though it is a very large company and people are assets there- treated like equipment and can be "abused" at times. The experience is unparalleled and the people are amazing.
Productive and fun workplace in the job site
Schlumberger is the best company regarding on oilfield industry
they provide us what we need regarding training session before we proceed to the job site they make sure the personnel has knowledge to performed the and fully aware how to handle to complete the task, specially on safety procedure.
Pros
free transportation, free accommodation, life insurance
Cons
nothing to say
Hectic yet fun work place
It was a company with good sportsmanship. The job hours where long but no complains because it was fun, a lot of preference for woman security. very professional
Pros
free lunch and zumba class
Cons
low salary
excellent working life style
we should always work like a team member and maqke sure we enjoy the working life style with our team players ,
excellent company to work with and take care of people
interesting place to work at
the best place i worked so far where i learned a lot. i got a lot of experience in administrative part and to work as a team. and also to be a lot more functional.
Culture of overachievers type A personalities
If you are not desperate to find a job do not join this company as it will turn your personality into an angry, grumpy, stressed out individual. the only benefit is the salary and benefits. In return they will take advantage of your blood really really well. One mistake you make they will punish you really well, no tolerance or forgiveness culture
Its good to be part of Schlumberger Qatar
Working as a team,working following standard,they provide some special holiday like family day,there some games there.
Pros
Free lunch on meeting day, onshore with meal allowance
Cons
tea time, lunch break, full healthcare.
Big challanges with a bit fun
My job assignment was assistant driller when I got transferred to Ivory Coast ; it was first experience working offshore overseas with Schlumberger! It took me by that time two days to reach the Rig , the mosquitos I remember were so big first time I have ever seen ; in addition to the weather , the environment and the high risks of drilling operations made me a new man facing new life. My first daughter was born in Syria and I was on the Rig (it hurts me a lot I missed this moment) I learned a lot despite the fact the majority of co-workers don’t speak English! The most enjoyable part was when we finish our job without any injury and going home safe!
Extremely Demanding Work-Life balance
Life at Schlumberger is extremely demanding. The work life balance takes a big toll, due to continuous high activity and demand.

Compensation is good, co-workers are amazing.
Let's call it's my life
I would not explain how it going to make the world to understand how the schlumbrrger wireline become the worlds leading technology,
The robust technology changes the life of the whole planet,

My fingers still can feel the spares that I work with for my last 7 years,,

Let's say it's my life

Looking forwRd to join back as feild engineer.