Qatar University

Qatar University Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Great culture

Nice environment for foreign workers, flexible hours pay scare is not great but okbenefits depends on your rank, normally less for local contractsin general I enjoyed working there

Qatar University: a grinding wheel

The university is built on the shoulders of hard working foreign faculty. Besides that the university has no credentials. The place is not very welcoming and it never feels like home. In some ways, this is the way the University intended it to be. There is a lot of discrimination between local and foreign staff. Local staff can earn multitude of what foreign staff earn although their work effort is minimal at best. Students are of extremely poor caliber.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

Discrimination, poor student levels, no job security

Very interesting place

This is a very interesting place for teaching and learning. Learning environment is excellent. Colleagues are very cooperative. Salary is very attractive.

fun workplace

It is great to work and be assigned here as senior barista ,it is a busy place considering majority of the customers are students,but basic salary is not enough for my daily needs and expenses.

Pros

free transpo and accomodation

Cons

no free meal, no overtime

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table

Salary on date , its basically mechanical professional company, good experience , fair to work with projects, indian management, indian based company , Concentrate on Mechanical HVAC types of jobs

Good For Prophssours

Good for Doctors Good for work for high level of education who have phd who would like to work QU should have experience of their major before they apply

Pros

free

Cons

long

One of the biggest organizations in Qatar

Qatar University is the oldest and biggest university in Qatar. I enjoyed working in big multinational team. I was excited to learn new things everyday. Although we might have tough times with extraordinary workload and deadlines, we had great time when we get acceptance for our papers.

Pros

Gain new skills

Cons

Contract benefits

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching students Good means of teaching Many nationalities working there Good opportunity to deal with different cultures

Pros

Good place of residence for lecturers

Get In the Right Department

There is a huge difference in an individuals experience based on their department. Overall, if you are not an Arab male, you will wait and wait and wait. Fortunately, the QU staff is very kind and they mean well.

Pros

salary, vacation days, benefits, professional development

Cons

no coverage, difficult to get professional development off campus, housing, lots of managers

Quality education and research

I love everything about Qatar university. The environment, work culture, benefits, quality of education and research are very attractive. Being a research assistant, I highly appreciate the exposure that I got in advanced methodologies and guidance I got from my project lead.

Good

- Good work environment and nice people. - Great facility - Room for advancement - The management needs to do a better job improving the salary for their employees

Productive workplace

The workplace is really good and productive. The management is also good and understanding. The gym and the pool are also nice. Moreover, the salary is competitive.

Pros

Good salary

Productive work environment but with more efforts

Very good place but need more attention from authority. Job is not very secure and always remain a point for discussion. More demanding environment but less facilities.

Pros

good salary

Cons

No luch facility

Fun place and full of experienced people

I have gained a lot of experienced by working at Social and Economic Survey Research Institute - Qatar University, and I think it has been good experience for me.

Pros

Free Tea/Coffee, Fast Wifi/Internet connection

large community

Great place large community with wonderful teamwork, good salary with excellent benefits you can gain extra work experience from the diversity from the different cultures from different countries

Balance between working and Social Life

Qatar University is Semi Government Organization which can provide an above Government Salary Scale. In comparasion to private section, Qatar University provide good Salary with short working hours as any government organization. the problem with Qatar University they have very bad management skills which is why Qatar University never improved from radically during last 10 years I spent though they had very good budget.

Review of previous experience in Transportation

My work in Qatar university as a transport manager was good and appreciable regarding the time period, treating by employers and the salary.

Stimolante e flessibile. Si lavora insieme per dare il meglio.

Qatar University fino ad ora ha dimostrato di essere un luogo accogliente ed amichevole. Questa universita' ha un livello accademico eccelente poiche' estremamente organizzata. I datori di lavoro si preoccupano sia del benessere degli impiegati che degli studenti. Sono felice di formarne parte.

Pros

Ottimo alloggio, vacanze pagate, ottimo stipendio.

Cons

Dopo tanti anni trascorsi all'estero, avrei tanta voglia di tornare a lavorare in Italia.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Qatar University Reviews by Location

• Qatar University
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?