Qatar University

Qatar University Management reviews

Clear

Good Environment for Student Employees

Assist Marketing department in administrative affairs including, maintaining records and preparing documents including announcements and posters. Update all documents on OneDrive. Design templates for certificates, posters, roll-ups and other materials. Assist in editing and correction of materials to be published including booklets, pamphlets and brochures. Ensure all marketing materials adhere to the QU Identity Guidelines. Attend meetings as member of the Community Outreach Planning Committee. Provide media support including photography, videography and video editing. Prepare forms for events, volunteering opportunities etc. on platforms including Google Forms and SurveyMonkey. Assist Marketing department in event management. Prepare surveys for pre-event and post-event evaluation. Update student community hours post-event and prepare certificates. Prepare post-mortem for events. Contact vendors and arrange quotes for marketing merchandise. Update inventory of marketing merchandise. Provide any kind technical assistance to all staff of College of Pharmacy. Maintain department bulletin board by constantly updating material. Training new Student Employees.

Bad place to work

They know how to play with the loopholes in grading system. A strong politics is being played in department and mainly ruled by expat Arab faculty. Their main focus is how to keep superior happy for their job security.

Pros

Paid summer vacations and free airline ticket every year.

Cons

Poor management, politics among faculty, no development, poor research budget

Rectify the management.

Am not comfortable with the managements. And also how they treat us as their employees. Poor communication skills and planning their work without plan.

Qatar University is a great place to work at. Like any workplace, it has its challenges but management is usually willing to work things out with employees.

Fun, helpful environment

I learned how to manage events in a productive way, starting from contacting the sponsors and collecting volunteers. The management was amazing, caring and helpful.

A day at QU

- 8am at work - 2:30 pm leave work - Often work from home I've learned how to apply my university knowledge of dynamics to computational modelling. It was a slow process but I'm grateful for it. Management was disastrous. HR were NOT cooperative or understanding and unorganized at best. So many complications occurred with respect to my employment as a result of an uncoordinated system. I worked months where I didn't receive pay till my contract ended. The hardest part about the job was the working environment. Both physically and mentally. The rooms were researchers worked in consisted of cubicles with minimal windows and natural light. For me that was intolerable and sometimes there were days where I'd rather work from home. Also electronic communication between colleagues and academic staff was ineffective and often I would not receive responses for weeks and reaching them at their offices wasn't an option due to their timetables. The most enjoyable part were the meetings when I'd sit with my supervisors and they will explain something to me or give me feedback on my work so far, stirring me into a direction I can envision.

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table

Salary on date , its basically mechanical professional company, good experience , fair to work with projects, indian management, indian based company , Concentrate on Mechanical HVAC types of jobs

visiting assistant profressor

I did not had a good teaching experience, nor they have a library that can be utilized by the students and the faculty....need to improved in may academic level. the management not aware of the academic environment....

job description

For a full-time student, this job was perfect. you have certain hours to work for, and even as a part-time job you need inform your supervisor before on day to find a replacement. you have to be focused as a cashier, and careful checking the books you enter to the system. The management was supportive of as students, and appreciate your good work. The job would get easier with experience and practice.

Pros

flexible time

The work environtment was fairly and favourable.

Dealing with customer complaints,staying positive and response techniques,hardest challenge standing long hours, management okay ,learnt to be patient

Good

- Good work environment and nice people. - Great facility - Room for advancement - The management needs to do a better job improving the salary for their employees

Productive workplace

The workplace is really good and productive. The management is also good and understanding. The gym and the pool are also nice. Moreover, the salary is competitive.

Pros

Good salary

productive

Enjoying the diversity there.Summer time is extremely hot which makes the job harder.Meet a lot of helpful people. Good management.completely different culture.

Good Place

Good People to be surrounded by comfort working environment fast turnover in management stable job lovely country safe country kids friendly environment

fun and relaxed place to work at

A typical day is completely different from one person to another based on role and project. Management creates a very relaxed and welcoming culture to help increasing productivity while making sure to meet high standards to keep the fast development of the university

Review Summary*

Like all over in middle-east and particularly in Qatar there are job slashes going on and the threat that has been linger on and is not a conducive environment to work. If there is going to be lay-off then it should all be done all at once. This is what majority thinks.

Great Administrators

I have been working at Qatar University part-time (for 3 years and 8 months) in admission department. I worked closely with staff to review confidential student information and assist students with registration and orientation. Also, I learned a variety of skills such as communications skill, attention to detail, Submission document, copying, scanning, typing, answering phone and emails, became familiar with work under pressure, time management and work in teams. In addition, I was worked with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, outlook, and Excel to data entry.

Pros

Wonderful environment to gain experience and skills, the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Cons

no challenges

I worked in 2 sections of student service department

As I worked in 2 sections and in both places I have done something else other than being receptionist. We used to have rotations everyday. From these workplaces I have learnt about the corporate life, time management, organization, focusing, managing huge number of people while meeting their demands. Part-time job along with studies was not an easy thing. Especially when you have to handle with lots of students and in the rush time, it used to be worst. That was the moment of decision-making, being responsible, cooperative with staffs & my colleagues, helping the students whoever & whenever called. All these I have learnt from being under pressure from these workplaces.

Pros

Sometimes free-lunch

Cons

Very short breaks

it is good and fun experience

Working in Qatar University IT department is fun and helpful experience. It teaches how to deal with customer and learn their personality. The management is good and helpful.

Cons

full time employee always try to abuse part - time workers

Balance between working and Social Life

Qatar University is Semi Government Organization which can provide an above Government Salary Scale. In comparasion to private section, Qatar University provide good Salary with short working hours as any government organization. the problem with Qatar University they have very bad management skills which is why Qatar University never improved from radically during last 10 years I spent though they had very good budget.

work place every hour learning new things either related to my field or other fields

1- day at work includes meetings and discussions 2- learning every day a lot of things related to HR as general ( Rec. Labor law ,etc.) 3- highly powered management 4- co-workers are great team that assist and help each other 5- N/A 6- finishing a tasks required from me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Qatar University Reviews by Location