Qatar University

Qatar University Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.6Job Security & Advancement

Plantation waves next to tha driver

I love my driving and l love gardening and gardening and decoration the house l am worked with the company very good because I will to the work All company is like me.

Pros

I will offer to allah

Cons

I will do mu bast to help you

Bad place to work

They know how to play with the loopholes in grading system. A strong politics is being played in department and mainly ruled by expat Arab faculty. Their main focus is how to keep superior happy for their job security.

Pros

Paid summer vacations and free airline ticket every year.

Cons

Poor management, politics among faculty, no development, poor research budget

Qatar University: a grinding wheel

The university is built on the shoulders of hard working foreign faculty. Besides that the university has no credentials. The place is not very welcoming and it never feels like home. In some ways, this is the way the University intended it to be. There is a lot of discrimination between local and foreign staff. Local staff can earn multitude of what foreign staff earn although their work effort is minimal at best. Students are of extremely poor caliber.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

Discrimination, poor student levels, no job security

It was excellent

Excellent work environment and work life balance with good payment. Friendly and helpful co-workers ready to help any time. There’s job satisfaction at the end of day.

Great place

The place is ideal for anyone interested in research or higher education and the environment is astonishing. I believe this job helped me being a better version of myself.

An interesting place to work

CBE in QU is an interesting place where it is AACSB accredited. Work is stressful, competitive, but worth it. Teaching is a nice experience! Funds are available yet competitive,

Very interesting place

This is a very interesting place for teaching and learning. Learning environment is excellent. Colleagues are very cooperative. Salary is very attractive.

Lovely environment of science and its implementation

Qatar University is an interactive place with diversity in nationalities, mentalities, and backgrounds. It is a place you can learn and express your skills at the same time. The willingness to work towards the prosperity of the organization is the vision of each member of the team.

fun,no pressure and self learning is needed

working as a part time student in the AV team was considered an important step in my advancement because i had the ability to be in touch with a variety of people in the university and also had the ability to experience how to troubleshoot problems by self learning.

Short time experince

my experience there was short and long time back so i dont have a lot to say but i learned there the basics of any job because this was my first job after graduating,

friendly & diverse work environment

Qatar University (Gas processing Center) was a good learning experience for me as a fresh graduate. The working hours were flexible, and overall environment was diverse and welcoming.

Pros

many experienced researchers

Cons

limited lab equipments

Dynamic workplace with million opportunities to grow

The company allowed me to grow and learn more at a professional as well as skill-based level. I was guided by some greatly experienced professionals in the field of marketing and social media which helped me a stronger base for my future opportunities.

Great place to work although it is a little hot!!!

It was a great place to work. It was a more restrictive environment than the institution in the UAE that I also worked. Qatar is much more conservative which explains that. The country is a good place for young families. There were some issues with foreigners being allowed to see their wives give birth that still need to be addressed.

Pros

no tax on salaries

Cons

not enough flexibility in instruction

Very Friendly and Rewarding Experience.

My time at Qatar University was extremely rewarding and helped me developed my administrative skills and communication skills with others. A typical day included chatting to students assisting them with career decisions. It was lovely to communicate with my colleagues as they were very helpful and welcoming at the same time. The workplace culture was very relaxed and provided me with a home feeling. I would highly recommend others to work at Qatar University.

Multi nationality work place

A workday is fully loaded, you learn a lot & experience from the variety in departments that are distributed between administration & academic sectors.

great.

this place is great you will learn a lot and you will gain a lot of friends, experience, and a lot more things just ensure and love your work. all the sacrifices will be paid off.

Pros

more training

Cons

accomodation

Comfortable Workplace

The job was good because I always see new faces all around Qatar. I have gained experience in work and different skills like: customer service and money calculations.

Good

- Good work environment and nice people. - Great facility - Room for advancement - The management needs to do a better job improving the salary for their employees

I have gained experience

The educational institution has allowed me to explore myself in a different field and has related the balance between my studying life as well as the volunteering work that I participated in.

large community

Great place large community with wonderful teamwork, good salary with excellent benefits you can gain extra work experience from the diversity from the different cultures from different countries

Friendly atmosphere, welcoming and respectful.

During my work at Qatar university i have had the opportunity to work at various materiel with which i gained my current experience in teaching. Working in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere encourages more production.

Cons

health care, housing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Qatar University Reviews by Location