Qatar University

Qatar University Culture reviews

Clear

It was excellent

Excellent work environment and work life balance with good payment. Friendly and helpful co-workers ready to help any time. There’s job satisfaction at the end of day.

Bad place to work

They know how to play with the loopholes in grading system. A strong politics is being played in department and mainly ruled by expat Arab faculty. Their main focus is how to keep superior happy for their job security.

Pros

Paid summer vacations and free airline ticket every year.

Cons

Poor management, politics among faculty, no development, poor research budget

Nice work place with competitive package

Nice work place with competitive package, a nice place to live and work with family. Kids like this place a lot and don't want to relocate if I ask them.

An interesting place to work

CBE in QU is an interesting place where it is AACSB accredited. Work is stressful, competitive, but worth it. Teaching is a nice experience! Funds are available yet competitive,

Lovely environment of science and its implementation

Qatar University is an interactive place with diversity in nationalities, mentalities, and backgrounds. It is a place you can learn and express your skills at the same time. The willingness to work towards the prosperity of the organization is the vision of each member of the team.

Fun, helpful environment

I learned how to manage events in a productive way, starting from contacting the sponsors and collecting volunteers. The management was amazing, caring and helpful.

It is a great place to work and get experience.

Great place of work, with productive and encouraging environment. And you can achieve you goals and do more of research, and meet your satisfaction and expectations.

Good place to work and life balance

Being a part of Qatar University I felt good. It is welcoming all kind of race, gender, and class. It maintain diversity. It is good place to get good experience Arab culture and academic and diverse background.

Pros

Diverse and welcoming for all culture and race.

Cons

follow the Arab dress and culture, which means it is always good to keep distance with the men

The work environtment was fairly and favourable.

Dealing with customer complaints,staying positive and response techniques,hardest challenge standing long hours, management okay ,learnt to be patient

Very Friendly and Rewarding Experience.

My time at Qatar University was extremely rewarding and helped me developed my administrative skills and communication skills with others. A typical day included chatting to students assisting them with career decisions. It was lovely to communicate with my colleagues as they were very helpful and welcoming at the same time. The workplace culture was very relaxed and provided me with a home feeling. I would highly recommend others to work at Qatar University.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching students Good means of teaching Many nationalities working there Good opportunity to deal with different cultures

Pros

Good place of residence for lecturers

Collaborative workplace

It was a pleasure to work in Qatar University. My supervisor Mohammed Samaka was very helpful and is welling to provide me with all the information that I need to work efficiently. The stuff that I worked with were very kind and helpful. The overall experience was great.

Pros

It was a great thing to work from home sometimes.

Cons

I didn't have a fixed office.

Quality education and research

I love everything about Qatar university. The environment, work culture, benefits, quality of education and research are very attractive. Being a research assistant, I highly appreciate the exposure that I got in advanced methodologies and guidance I got from my project lead.

Welcoming Students and professors

• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. • Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for office phone and console operation. • Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. • Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. • Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

Pros

chance to learn Arabic language

Cons

multi-cultured and multi-nationalities

Productive workplace

The workplace is really good and productive. The management is also good and understanding. The gym and the pool are also nice. Moreover, the salary is competitive.

Pros

Good salary

Productive and Fufilling work

A typical work day at the writing lab consists of seeing a succession of students on a per appointment bases. The students each come with a piece of writing that they need assistance with and my job was to guide them in completing successfully. I learned how to be a leader and how operate at a professional capacity here. The culture was laid back so long as your work was up to snuff. The hardest part of the job was managing students that sought to be spoon fed in place of being taught. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing those whom put in the work improve over time.

Pros

Motivating Work

Cons

Having to decline students that did not want to be helped

productive

Enjoying the diversity there.Summer time is extremely hot which makes the job harder.Meet a lot of helpful people. Good management.completely different culture.

fun and relaxed place to work at

A typical day is completely different from one person to another based on role and project. Management creates a very relaxed and welcoming culture to help increasing productivity while making sure to meet high standards to keep the fast development of the university

a well organised institution

Monitoring the activities of operation and maintenance contractor how to control the contractor jobs work place culture -Excellant hardest part of job-nil Enjoyable part of job-very good residential quarters provided and the responsibilities are fixed

Pros

food at reduced rates

Cons

nil

a good workplace

A typical day at work with great colleagues and faculty members. A great team of professors are dedicated to provide their best in both research and taught undergraduate courses.

Fun place to work in

I used to work in the library in Qatari university. I used to work there as a student so it was a part time job for me. The ambience there is fun and the system is easy to deal with. Our supervisor were kind and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Qatar University Reviews by Location