Qatar University Employee Reviews

Rectify the management.
Driver (Current Employee) –  DohaSeptember 15, 2019
Am not comfortable with the managements. And also how they treat us as their employees. Poor communication skills and planning their work without plan.
Good Environment for Student Employees
STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  DohaAugust 5, 2019
Assist Marketing department in administrative affairs including, maintaining records and preparing documents including announcements and posters.
Update all documents on OneDrive.
Design templates for certificates, posters, roll-ups and other materials.
Assist in editing and correction of materials to be published including booklets, pamphlets and brochures.
Ensure all marketing materials adhere to the QU Identity Guidelines.
Attend meetings as member of the Community Outreach Planning Committee.
Provide media support including photography, videography and video editing.
Prepare forms for events, volunteering opportunities etc. on platforms including Google Forms and SurveyMonkey.
Assist Marketing department in event management.
Prepare surveys for pre-event and post-event evaluation.
Update student community hours post-event and prepare certificates.
Prepare post-mortem for events.
Contact vendors and arrange quotes for marketing merchandise.
Update inventory of marketing merchandise.
Provide any kind technical assistance to all staff of College of Pharmacy.
Maintain department bulletin board by constantly updating material.
Training new Student Employees.
fun workplace
Senior barista (Current Employee) –  DohaJuly 17, 2019
It is great to work and be assigned here as senior barista ,it is a busy place considering majority of the customers are students,but basic salary is not enough for my daily needs and expenses.
Pros
free transpo and accomodation
Cons
no free meal, no overtime
Learning too much for the sake of my future.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  DohaJune 12, 2019
Qatar university helped me to find myself and understand the importance of education in developing my future. I become more aware of the local requirements for jobs. I learned how to manage my time.
fun,no pressure and self learning is needed
Former Member of Audiovisual team (Former Employee) –  DohaJune 11, 2019
working as a part time student in the AV team was considered an important step in my advancement because i had the ability to be in touch with a variety of people in the university and also had the ability to experience how to troubleshoot problems by self learning.
Pleasant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  DohaMay 21, 2019
Am glad I worked there,its an amazing country to be and also to work .
Learnt a lot was when I was there both academically and morally, there is time for family and work,it doesn't affect each other.
Pros
Everything was up to standard
Cons
Nil
English lecturer (Current Employee) –  DohaMay 17, 2019
Qatar University is a great place to work at. Like any workplace, it has its challenges but management is usually willing to work things out with employees.
Great research experience
Research Assistant (full-time) (Former Employee) –  DohaMay 11, 2019
Innovation and freedom to design and decide how to approach problems and resolve them. Journal and conference publications were helpful in finding future jobs.
Fun, helpful environment
Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  DohaApril 16, 2019
I learned how to manage events in a productive way, starting from contacting the sponsors and collecting volunteers.
The management was amazing, caring and helpful.
A day at QU
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  DohaMarch 24, 2019
- 8am at work
- 2:30 pm leave work
- Often work from home

I've learned how to apply my university knowledge of dynamics to computational modelling. It was a slow process but I'm grateful for it.

Management was disastrous. HR were NOT cooperative or understanding and unorganized at best. So many complications occurred with respect to my employment as a result of an uncoordinated system. I worked months where I didn't receive pay till my contract ended.

The hardest part about the job was the working environment. Both physically and mentally. The rooms were researchers worked in consisted of cubicles with minimal windows and natural light. For me that was intolerable and sometimes there were days where I'd rather work from home. Also electronic communication between colleagues and academic staff was ineffective and often I would not receive responses for weeks and reaching them at their offices wasn't an option due to their timetables.

The most enjoyable part were the meetings when I'd sit with my supervisors and they will explain something to me or give me feedback on my work so far, stirring me into a direction I can envision.
Short time experince
Developer (Former Employee) –  QaatarMarch 6, 2019
my experience there was short and long time back so i dont have a lot to say but i learned there the basics of any job because this was my first job after graduating,
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
sr. electrical engineer (Current Employee) –  DohaFebruary 27, 2019
Salary on date , its basically mechanical professional company, good experience , fair to work with projects, indian management, indian based company , Concentrate on Mechanical HVAC types of jobs
Vary nice facility management university .
General technician expert (Former Employee) –  QatarFebruary 26, 2019
I wanna interested to work in Qatar university .
As a building maintenance technician.like handy man , electrical technician, plumbing technician, HVAC technician,like mechanical technician, kitchen equipment technician.
friendly & diverse work environment
Graduate Assistant/ Researcher (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 22, 2019
Qatar University (Gas processing Center) was a good learning experience for me as a fresh graduate. The working hours were flexible, and overall environment was diverse and welcoming.
Pros
many experienced researchers
Cons
limited lab equipments
visiting assistant profressor
visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 8, 2019
I did not had a good teaching experience, nor they have a library that can be utilized by the students and the faculty....need to improved in may academic level. the management not aware of the academic environment....
A special place to be
Chair in Sport Science Program (QOC & QU) (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 16, 2018
A lot of development being undertaken since its creation, however the managerial change and the different visions of the leaders have affected the overall mission and achievement of the university.
Too much administration to be handled by the faculty members which significantly reduces their time for more important academic and research activities.
Job insecurity and precarity of the positions with a maximum of 3 years contract (renewable) added to the fact that each faculty has to re-apply for renewals with a heavy portfolio is a real dilemma that leads to lots of time-wasting and increases unsatisfaction.
Challenging and fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 10, 2018
Working at the Biomedical research center at Qatar University was a great opportunity. I learned a lot about research labs, surrounded by a great group of people that made everyday work exciting.
It is a great place to work and get experience.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  DohaNovember 7, 2018
Great place of work, with productive and encouraging environment. And you can achieve you goals and do more of research, and meet your satisfaction and expectations.
Good place to work and life balance
Independent Scholar / Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  DohaOctober 28, 2018
Being a part of Qatar University I felt good. It is welcoming all kind of race, gender, and class. It maintain diversity. It is good place to get good experience Arab culture and academic and diverse background.
Pros
Diverse and welcoming for all culture and race.
Cons
follow the Arab dress and culture, which means it is always good to keep distance with the men
Excellent workplace
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DohaOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working in finance departments in qatar university. It was challenging. I learned a lot and had to face and solve lots of problems on daily bases.