Qatar University

Qatar University Employee Reviews

there are very discipline job in Qatar university.
I was worked in Qatar university driver job under KAAMCO Transportation. Since from 2010 to 2012. I get excellent experience with Qatar university job.
part time job
it gives me a good experience in how to deal with students. solve their problems, also i learned more about data entry, register new students in university.
Nice work place with competitive package
Nice work place with competitive package, a nice place to live and work with family. Kids like this place a lot and don't want to relocate if I ask them.
An interesting place to work
CBE in QU is an interesting place where it is AACSB accredited. Work is stressful, competitive, but worth it. Teaching is a nice experience! Funds are available yet competitive,
Education and very comfortable workplace
It was a very amazing experience with a big team I had a comfortable and kind supervisor, I was learned a lot in this place for example how to help the students and how I can get them the information that needed and so on.
Very interesting place
This is a very interesting place for teaching and learning. Learning environment is excellent. Colleagues are very cooperative. Salary is very attractive.
Challenging work
Handled administrative tasks such as filing papers, answering telephone calls, and maintained and organized reference files. Responsible for editing contracts and drafting documents for legal counsels.
Lovely environment of science and its implementation
Qatar University is an interactive place with diversity in nationalities, mentalities, and backgrounds. It is a place you can learn and express your skills at the same time. The willingness to work towards the prosperity of the organization is the vision of each member of the team.
Rectify the management.
Am not comfortable with the managements. And also how they treat us as their employees. Poor communication skills and planning their work without plan.
Good Environment for Student Employees
Assist Marketing department in administrative affairs including, maintaining records and preparing documents including announcements and posters.
Update all documents on OneDrive.

Design templates for certificates, posters, roll-ups and other materials.

Assist in editing and correction of materials to be published including booklets, pamphlets and brochures.

Ensure all marketing materials adhere to the QU Identity Guidelines.

Attend meetings as member of the Community Outreach Planning Committee.

Provide media support including photography, videography and video editing.

Prepare forms for events, volunteering opportunities etc. on platforms including Google Forms and SurveyMonkey.

Assist Marketing department in event management.

Prepare surveys for pre-event and post-event evaluation.

Update student community hours post-event and prepare certificates.

Prepare post-mortem for events.

Contact vendors and arrange quotes for marketing merchandise.

Update inventory of marketing merchandise.

Provide any kind technical assistance to all staff of College of Pharmacy.

Maintain department bulletin board by constantly updating material.

Training new Student Employees.
fun workplace
It is great to work and be assigned here as senior barista ,it is a busy place considering majority of the customers are students,but basic salary is not enough for my daily needs and expenses.
Pros
free transpo and accomodation
Cons
no free meal, no overtime
Learning too much for the sake of my future.
Qatar university helped me to find myself and understand the importance of education in developing my future. I become more aware of the local requirements for jobs. I learned how to manage my time.
fun,no pressure and self learning is needed
working as a part time student in the AV team was considered an important step in my advancement because i had the ability to be in touch with a variety of people in the university and also had the ability to experience how to troubleshoot problems by self learning.
Pleasant
Am glad I worked there,its an amazing country to be and also to work .
Learnt a lot was when I was there both academically and morally, there is time for family and work,it doesn't affect each other.
Pros
Everything was up to standard
Cons
Nil
Qatar University is a great place to work at. Like any workplace, it has its challenges but management is usually willing to work things out with employees.
Great research experience
Innovation and freedom to design and decide how to approach problems and resolve them. Journal and conference publications were helpful in finding future jobs.
Fun, helpful environment
I learned how to manage events in a productive way, starting from contacting the sponsors and collecting volunteers.
The management was amazing, caring and helpful.
A day at QU
- 8am at work
- 2:30 pm leave work

- Often work from home

I've learned how to apply my university knowledge of dynamics to computational modelling. It was a slow process but I'm grateful for it.

Management was disastrous. HR were NOT cooperative or understanding and unorganized at best. So many complications occurred with respect to my employment as a result of an uncoordinated system. I worked months where I didn't receive pay till my contract ended.

The hardest part about the job was the working environment. Both physically and mentally. The rooms were researchers worked in consisted of cubicles with minimal windows and natural light. For me that was intolerable and sometimes there were days where I'd rather work from home. Also electronic communication between colleagues and academic staff was ineffective and often I would not receive responses for weeks and reaching them at their offices wasn't an option due to their timetables.

The most enjoyable part were the meetings when I'd sit with my supervisors and they will explain something to me or give me feedback on my work so far, stirring me into a direction I can envision.
Short time experince
my experience there was short and long time back so i dont have a lot to say but i learned there the basics of any job because this was my first job after graduating,
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Salary on date , its basically mechanical professional company, good experience , fair to work with projects, indian management, indian based company , Concentrate on Mechanical HVAC types of jobs
Vary nice facility management university .
I wanna interested to work in Qatar university .
As a building maintenance technician.like handy man , electrical technician, plumbing technician, HVAC technician,like mechanical technician, kitchen equipment technician.