Qatar University

Qatar University Employee Reviews

Great culture

Nice environment for foreign workers, flexible hours pay scare is not great but okbenefits depends on your rank, normally less for local contractsin general I enjoyed working there

Bad place to work

They know how to play with the loopholes in grading system. A strong politics is being played in department and mainly ruled by expat Arab faculty. Their main focus is how to keep superior happy for their job security.

Pros

Paid summer vacations and free airline ticket every year.

Cons

Poor management, politics among faculty, no development, poor research budget

Qatar University: a grinding wheel

The university is built on the shoulders of hard working foreign faculty. Besides that the university has no credentials. The place is not very welcoming and it never feels like home. In some ways, this is the way the University intended it to be. There is a lot of discrimination between local and foreign staff. Local staff can earn multitude of what foreign staff earn although their work effort is minimal at best. Students are of extremely poor caliber.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

Discrimination, poor student levels, no job security

Poor management

Very politicized environment. Every one just strive for their contract extension and PR. If you don’t speak Arabic then you will have a very hard time to survive. Very much unprofessional and unproductive atmosphere.

Plantation waves next to tha driver

I love my driving and l love gardening and gardening and decoration the house l am worked with the company very good because I will to the work All company is like me.

Pros

I will offer to allah

Cons

I will do mu bast to help you

It was excellent

Excellent work environment and work life balance with good payment. Friendly and helpful co-workers ready to help any time. There’s job satisfaction at the end of day.

Great place

The place is ideal for anyone interested in research or higher education and the environment is astonishing. I believe this job helped me being a better version of myself.

Senior

A private company is formed by a small number of shareholders who come together for a social cause or profit motive. The shares of a private company are not traded on a public stock exchange. The common types of private companies include sole proprietorships, partnerships, and limited liability companies.

there are very discipline job in Qatar university.

I was worked in Qatar university driver job under KAAMCO Transportation. Since from 2010 to 2012. I get excellent experience with Qatar university job.

part time job

it gives me a good experience in how to deal with students. solve their problems, also i learned more about data entry, register new students in university.

Nice work place with competitive package

Nice work place with competitive package, a nice place to live and work with family. Kids like this place a lot and don't want to relocate if I ask them.

An interesting place to work

CBE in QU is an interesting place where it is AACSB accredited. Work is stressful, competitive, but worth it. Teaching is a nice experience! Funds are available yet competitive,

Education and very comfortable workplace

It was a very amazing experience with a big team I had a comfortable and kind supervisor, I was learned a lot in this place for example how to help the students and how I can get them the information that needed and so on.

Very interesting place

This is a very interesting place for teaching and learning. Learning environment is excellent. Colleagues are very cooperative. Salary is very attractive.

Challenging work

Handled administrative tasks such as filing papers, answering telephone calls, and maintained and organized reference files. Responsible for editing contracts and drafting documents for legal counsels.

Lovely environment of science and its implementation

Qatar University is an interactive place with diversity in nationalities, mentalities, and backgrounds. It is a place you can learn and express your skills at the same time. The willingness to work towards the prosperity of the organization is the vision of each member of the team.

Rectify the management.

Am not comfortable with the managements. And also how they treat us as their employees. Poor communication skills and planning their work without plan.

Good Environment for Student Employees

Assist Marketing department in administrative affairs including, maintaining records and preparing documents including announcements and posters. Update all documents on OneDrive. Design templates for certificates, posters, roll-ups and other materials. Assist in editing and correction of materials to be published including booklets, pamphlets and brochures. Ensure all marketing materials adhere to the QU Identity Guidelines. Attend meetings as member of the Community Outreach Planning Committee. Provide media support including photography, videography and video editing. Prepare forms for events, volunteering opportunities etc. on platforms including Google Forms and SurveyMonkey. Assist Marketing department in event management. Prepare surveys for pre-event and post-event evaluation. Update student community hours post-event and prepare certificates. Prepare post-mortem for events. Contact vendors and arrange quotes for marketing merchandise. Update inventory of marketing merchandise. Provide any kind technical assistance to all staff of College of Pharmacy. Maintain department bulletin board by constantly updating material. Training new Student Employees.

fun workplace

It is great to work and be assigned here as senior barista ,it is a busy place considering majority of the customers are students,but basic salary is not enough for my daily needs and expenses.

Pros

free transpo and accomodation

Cons

no free meal, no overtime

Learning too much for the sake of my future.

Qatar university helped me to find myself and understand the importance of education in developing my future. I become more aware of the local requirements for jobs. I learned how to manage my time.

fun,no pressure and self learning is needed

working as a part time student in the AV team was considered an important step in my advancement because i had the ability to be in touch with a variety of people in the university and also had the ability to experience how to troubleshoot problems by self learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Qatar University Reviews by Location