Qatar University

Qatar University Employee Reviews

Qatar112 reviews

academia

place to beginning your career, research funding hard to come by, pressure to publish in high impact journals to raise the university's ranking; high teaching workload

Worked at the Finance department, it was a professional atmosphere with friendly colleagues and good job benefits.

Qatar University is a big University with 15000 students at the time I worked in. Therefore, it is not accurate to have one point of view on the work atmosphere. However, in general, I had a very good experience and had a memorable fairwell event on my last day.

A lot of time for research and good salary. Not so good culture.

If your priority is money and research, then this is a great place to be. If, on the other hand, you value culture and career progression, then you should look somewhere else.

Good

Qatar university good place to work at. It is the first university in Qatar. Good salary and environment. Has so many activities to do there. It is an outdoor campus

Bad place to work

They know how to play with the loopholes in grading system. A strong politics is being played in department and mainly ruled by expat Arab faculty. Their main focus is how to keep superior happy for their job security.

Pros

Paid summer vacations and free airline ticket every year.

Cons

Poor management, politics among faculty, no development, poor research budget

Great culture

Nice environment for foreign workers, flexible hours pay scare is not great but okbenefits depends on your rank, normally less for local contractsin general I enjoyed working there

Qatar University: a grinding wheel

The university is built on the shoulders of hard working foreign faculty. Besides that the university has no credentials. The place is not very welcoming and it never feels like home. In some ways, this is the way the University intended it to be. There is a lot of discrimination between local and foreign staff. Local staff can earn multitude of what foreign staff earn although their work effort is minimal at best. Students are of extremely poor caliber.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

Discrimination, poor student levels, no job security

Poor management

Very politicized environment. Every one just strive for their contract extension and PR. If you don’t speak Arabic then you will have a very hard time to survive. Very much unprofessional and unproductive atmosphere.

Plantation waves next to tha driver

I love my driving and l love gardening and gardening and decoration the house l am worked with the company very good because I will to the work All company is like me.

Pros

I will offer to allah

Cons

I will do mu bast to help you

It was excellent

Excellent work environment and work life balance with good payment. Friendly and helpful co-workers ready to help any time. There’s job satisfaction at the end of day.

Great place

The place is ideal for anyone interested in research or higher education and the environment is astonishing. I believe this job helped me being a better version of myself.

Senior

A private company is formed by a small number of shareholders who come together for a social cause or profit motive. The shares of a private company are not traded on a public stock exchange. The common types of private companies include sole proprietorships, partnerships, and limited liability companies.

there are very discipline job in Qatar university.

I was worked in Qatar university driver job under KAAMCO Transportation. Since from 2010 to 2012. I get excellent experience with Qatar university job.

part time job

it gives me a good experience in how to deal with students. solve their problems, also i learned more about data entry, register new students in university.

Nice work place with competitive package

Nice work place with competitive package, a nice place to live and work with family. Kids like this place a lot and don't want to relocate if I ask them.

An interesting place to work

CBE in QU is an interesting place where it is AACSB accredited. Work is stressful, competitive, but worth it. Teaching is a nice experience! Funds are available yet competitive,

Education and very comfortable workplace

It was a very amazing experience with a big team I had a comfortable and kind supervisor, I was learned a lot in this place for example how to help the students and how I can get them the information that needed and so on.

Very interesting place

This is a very interesting place for teaching and learning. Learning environment is excellent. Colleagues are very cooperative. Salary is very attractive.

Challenging work

Handled administrative tasks such as filing papers, answering telephone calls, and maintained and organized reference files. Responsible for editing contracts and drafting documents for legal counsels.

Lovely environment of science and its implementation

Qatar University is an interactive place with diversity in nationalities, mentalities, and backgrounds. It is a place you can learn and express your skills at the same time. The willingness to work towards the prosperity of the organization is the vision of each member of the team.

Rectify the management.

Am not comfortable with the managements. And also how they treat us as their employees. Poor communication skills and planning their work without plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits