Qatar Petroleum

Qatar Petroleum Employee Reviews

Qatar214 reviews
Adventurous and very 'real' with loads of scope to get things done .
Great job. I had a superb time as Head of Security for Dukhan and the Western side of the country (GSS-1). Lots of scope to get on with what needed to be done and to innovate without interference.,

A challenging and interesting environment with a lot of development going on in the field and in the township, I enjoyed it thoroughly. The department had been in a bit of a mess prior to my arrival and so the challenge of getting it back on it's feet was very rewarding and I was given superb support from the security element at HQ in almost every respect.

Living and working in the relatively small township with a high profile and recognisable role like mine could be difficult at times and needs managing carefully, there is nowhere to run and hide.

Operationally the senior managers I dealt with were excellent, supportive, intelligent and professionally very switched on however the senior echelons of 'corporate' management at HQ in Doha appeared bureaucratic, aloof, out of touch and rather cold. I decided it was best to get on with the good stuff in Dukhan, keep my head down and work with my 130 staff to get the job done. QP is definitely a place where you are measured by results rather than rhetoric.

All in all it was a great life, very good money a super environment for fishing, sailing, beach parties and barbecues. But you have to be a certain sort of person to fit in, it wouldn't suit everybody.
Qatar petroleum company
I have 12 years comprehensive work experience in the field of instrumentation and its control systems in various industries like oil & gas, refinery &petrochemical.
Best Company
Hello

It was always one of the best Companies i have worked in ever , such Management & their ability to obtain customer satisfaction as well as their employees happiness which secured a sustainable work environment & economical growth.

I strongly Recommend Media Style for any new Client and any new Job seeker as well

Thanks
Spend good time while learning
Interesting and Multicultural workplace
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing their progress on various projects. first day of the week, I like to meet to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and meet once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff during the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues. Along with constant interaction with my team, I also attend a weekly board meeting where I present my department’s progress to the executive board.
Productive and friendly workplace
I extremely enjoyed working at Qatar Petroleum. My day used to start at 6:30 in the morning and finish at 2:30 in the afternoon with flexible hours and cooperative management and supervisors.
I learned how to deal with customers (candidates) and was happy to give them all the support needed through out all the recruitment process.

Qatar Petroleum is a multinational company, so I delt with different nationalities and cultures which enhanced my experience and my communication skills.
Challenging environment due to nature of business
Company was an international investment company, focusing on energy investments. The company was a start-up and I started the Internal Audit function.

The staff were all supportive and the business was divided in three main streams, upstream, downstream and gas business. An investment department supported all three divisions.

The challenge in the department was to align the audit function to the core business and its strategy.

There was no risk management function and I started the process by obtaining buy-in and appreciation for establishing it as a separate function.
Pros
Significant exposure to audit new investments
Cons
as start-up, processes were still in progress of refinememt
The best seven years of my life
A very friendly and happy environment, team work and very productive. Learned the true meaning of team work and support. Management was very professional and absolutely outstanding. A diversity of nationalities made it even easier to work with, having different cultures join our team providing us with their own set of experience always added a great value to the job place. It was a lot of work, meetings and milestones which always gave a good sense of challenge. Productivity, happiness and comfort is all I can say about the greatest seven years of my life that I spent with this magnificent organization ..
Pros
Team work, productivity and experience
Cons
absolutely nothing
Power ditribution pojects
Its work hard to complete the project, at required project completion dates as per mile stones.
I have worked very comfortable with their organisation. without any problems
Pros
Cons
15 hrs
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Qatar Petroleum?
Productive workplace
Ras Gas warehouse have good procedure on materials management. All items are arrange according to thier size, enviroment condition, type of materials are properly segregated.
Pros
Free accomodation and food
Cons
Health care
Challenging and multicultural. Need multi skilled and dedicated to work employees
meet with subordinates and distribute the workday assignments followed by a meeting with contractors' representatives for the purpose of on time completion of various tasks covering catering, cleaning, pest control, and transport.
Site visits to different buildings and open areas of industrial city.

Have company offered lunch buffet. Complete and update related Excel spreadsheets necessary for report writing.

Arrange for my daily meeting with manager to review performance of provided site services for Qatar Petroleum and other LNG operating companies.

The job required top time and resource management skills. The work place culture was unique in the sense that thousands of Europeans, Asians, Arabs, ...etc were gathered in one industrial city.

The hardest part was to do menu planning for different nationalities and in high volumes( 22,000) meals/day from seven restaurants.

The most enjoyable part was to succeed in all challenges.
Pros
free education of three kids at Doha College run by British Embassy
Cons
Long hours without overtime pay. No overtime pay for senior staff.
internship
For my work experience i was working in my schools library for the past w years where i had to calculate the costs and organize the books.I had to authority to assign books to particular people
Culture and Etiquette in Qatar
I have no regrets working in Qatar for almost 10 years.

Being a Muslim country, local traditions and practices still prevail and foreigners are expected to be considerate of the culture. Commercial Bank is happy to share a few tips on culture and etiquette as you make Qatar your home.

Doha is a safe, family-friendly place to live, with a low incidence of violent crime. Single women don’t need to be particularly concerned when moving around the city late at night. However, common sense always applies. In turn, public drunkenness, obscenities, lewd hand gestures and public displays of affection, can land you in serious trouble.
Efficient and productive
Qatar Petroleum is an excellent organization to work at because its multinational and productive culture inspires you to effectively put your ideas in action.
Salary ok

Housing allowances

Medical coverage

Annual leave ok
xyz
I enjoyed working here because I have work-life balance. which I am thankful for being part of it. Good exposure for site related people.Working in an international environment taught me a lot of things in terms of understanding the different working culture, knowledge enhancement and level of tolerance.
An excellent place to work but.
An excellent place to work but minimal career advancement for expatriate. If you are a person who seek challenges and not interested in routine tasks then this is not your place.
Pros
Good salary and facilities provided.
Cons
no career advancement opportunity for non-local
Job profile
Excellent Job responsibilities and environment.
The Project was challenging to complete the FEED on Fast Track.

The Project was kept under hold suddenly and my ambition to work on the Project was not achieved.

The Team should have been mobolized after the project is firmed up.

Leaving a Job and taking up new assignment and project getting cancelled is very disappointing.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Job Not Stable
Worked as PIpe line inspection engineer
Working culture there with QP project was very good
company provided leave rotation was good

Transportation and environment was also very good

Provided a good package
adventurous and cordial work place
Typical day starts with going through all e-mails and priorities action required
learned oil and gas related project details, basis of design, scope of work preparation and review, tender issue and reviews, bidder selection, project planning, monitoring, reporting

follow up with construction Contractors for progress and problem solving

project close out

professionally managed organization,

workplace culture was cordial and cooperative

The hardest part of the job was follow up with contractors for quality and schedule meeting requirements

The most enjoyable part of the job was freedom of work and watching the project moving in right directions as per Contract requirements
Pros
bonuses
Cons
hot climate in the field
Good Company
The above mention company is a well known company in the world. Very good company and semi government. Everything in a proper procedure of managements
Pros
Free in every thing
Cons
Every thing have been provided
Good Remuneration package
Good Remuneration package but job security is low and no room for career growth and improvement. Nevertheless, no work and life balance and too much politics.