Qatar Petroleum

Qatar Petroleum Employee Reviews

Qatar214 reviews
Adventurous and very 'real' with loads of scope to get things done .
Great job. I had a superb time as Head of Security for Dukhan and the Western side of the country (GSS-1). Lots of scope to get on with what needed to be done and to innovate without interference.,

A challenging and interesting environment with a lot of development going on in the field and in the township, I enjoyed it thoroughly. The department had been in a bit of a mess prior to my arrival and so the challenge of getting it back on it's feet was very rewarding and I was given superb support from the security element at HQ in almost every respect.

Living and working in the relatively small township with a high profile and recognisable role like mine could be difficult at times and needs managing carefully, there is nowhere to run and hide.

Operationally the senior managers I dealt with were excellent, supportive, intelligent and professionally very switched on however the senior echelons of 'corporate' management at HQ in Doha appeared bureaucratic, aloof, out of touch and rather cold. I decided it was best to get on with the good stuff in Dukhan, keep my head down and work with my 130 staff to get the job done. QP is definitely a place where you are measured by results rather than rhetoric.

All in all it was a great life, very good money a super environment for fishing, sailing, beach parties and barbecues. But you have to be a certain sort of person to fit in, it wouldn't suit everybody.
No process oriented
In my system they do not have there KOP. which results imbalance to proceeds for protocol. Manpower ethics. Irrelevant protocol for professionalism. No job security from management.
Pros
No such benefits
Cons
Irresistible
productive
Good timing of work,
I had learned many softwares such as SAP, i became more sociable.

Good and respectful management.

Well organized workplace

I met good people in there.
productive and fun workplace having polite and competent workforce
Qatar Petroleum is really a good workplace having educated, competent, safety concious and responsible workforce. Really it's a good place for working
Pros
free lunch and refreshments
Cons
job rotations and short rests
Logistic
I worked in Orpic Oil Refinery Oman for 4months, and Qatar Petroleum in Qatar for 4months. Further I want to give my best to the company with my skills, experience.
Pros
Free accommodation
Cons
Full time
Fun to worked with
Typical day would be reviewing previous day's concern. Meeting with the team and collaboration with cross functional members. I learned respect, opennes and a strong sense of independence.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Good jobs,Good salary
Challenging, tough & independent are words to imaging the work-life in this company. Local people culture adaption is a must. Plus multinational employee from various countries are working together make situation more tougher.
Pros
Good salary, promotion, allowances
Engaging and supportive work environment with excellent remuneration and opportunities for travel, variety of cultural backgrounds.
QP has undergone a huge transformation since 2015 and continues to strive to improve and develop its local capabilities while expanding into the international marketplace. I have found QP to have a dynamic management while being very collaborative and supportive to its employees; QP allows for individual growth for those who wish to better themselves.
Pros
Supportive, collaborative work environment, ability to apply/emphasize areas of own strengths, good salary, excellent leave benefits.
Cons
Distance from family.
Resume
Effective businesses focus on creating, using, and reinforcing employee satisfaction to get the most out of their human capital
working at this company IS GOOD
Tightly control work environment,
Tightly control work system which brought together firefighters of different cultures. The management was very narrow sighted due to the need to manage many nationalities, with different expectations and skill levels.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor/slow support. Authority required to open bank a/c. Exit visa required.
Good work place
Monthly only 15 days work, 12hrs. each day.
More important giving to " Health, safety & environment "

Employee & management very friendly relation.

Friendly work place culture.
Good place to work I enjoyed and learnt well.
Good safety standards.

Safe start up and shutdown of units.

Well trainers .

Good training was given to us.
Aside from employment benifits, it also provides recreational facilities to employees.
Qatar Petroleum is the leading company in Qatar. It is an oil and gas company with multi national manpower. It is an offshore and onshore company. It offers good salaries to both local and expats.
Safety is main priority in this company we work 12 hours a day the most difficult time during humid season specially during busy time however when we off there was a stress reliever in our recreation room a karaoke machine
Pros
Free international call
Cons
Short breaks
Not Satisfactory Job Security
Works culture will be depend on the Department head
Head office doesn't understand the works issues at site

It is all depend of the site management and Office
Pros
Free Accommodation and free Meal
Cons
Unhealthy work Locations
Multicultural company
Company with excellent resources but poor management. Excellent benefits for expats and family. Difficulties to implement new technology. Good place for retirement and keep family safe
Benefits
Cons
management
Commited to Excellence
A civilized, comfortable and encouraging work environment, always striving for progressing for the better. Iin compliance with all quality and safety standards.
productive and creative work place full of challanging
Amazing work place !
you can teach and learn every day from every experience ,each project is unique and dealing with different teams working on big portfolio full of projects is an everyday challenge . Comunication skills and reporting is essential and team work is our style .
Pros
friendly atmospher
Cons
long working hours
good working environment
Great Pay, other staff, and senior Management.

Very interesting and challenging workload.

Felt as though I was accepted into the companies culture even though it was in the Middle East.
Pros
Transport given to/from workplace
Cons
Extremely hot temperature (50 degrees celcius +)
Positive
Positive environment
Good work life balance

Management is transparent

Great benefits

Diverse Culture

I truly enjoyed working at QP people and culture is great.
Lack ot team work
Technical team isolated from managment. Lack of team work between teams. Some times mannagment decsions not at the same page of techanical work done by the team.