Qatar Petroleum

Qatar Petroleum Employee Reviews

Qatar214 reviews
Adventurous and very 'real' with loads of scope to get things done .
Great job. I had a superb time as Head of Security for Dukhan and the Western side of the country (GSS-1). Lots of scope to get on with what needed to be done and to innovate without interference.,

A challenging and interesting environment with a lot of development going on in the field and in the township, I enjoyed it thoroughly. The department had been in a bit of a mess prior to my arrival and so the challenge of getting it back on it's feet was very rewarding and I was given superb support from the security element at HQ in almost every respect.

Living and working in the relatively small township with a high profile and recognisable role like mine could be difficult at times and needs managing carefully, there is nowhere to run and hide.

Operationally the senior managers I dealt with were excellent, supportive, intelligent and professionally very switched on however the senior echelons of 'corporate' management at HQ in Doha appeared bureaucratic, aloof, out of touch and rather cold. I decided it was best to get on with the good stuff in Dukhan, keep my head down and work with my 130 staff to get the job done. QP is definitely a place where you are measured by results rather than rhetoric.

All in all it was a great life, very good money a super environment for fishing, sailing, beach parties and barbecues. But you have to be a certain sort of person to fit in, it wouldn't suit everybody.
Encourage employees to create challenging stretch goals.
A highly equipped Administrative Assistant with experience in performing a variety of administrative and staff support duties for a specified department, which require a range of knowledge and skills of organizational procedures and policies; directing and assisting employees, and resolving administrative problems and inquiries; composing, editing, and proofreading correspondence and reports, and preparing a range of administrative documents.
Salary was reduced to R12000.00
They took everything they promised me when they came to interview us. Accommodation and transport allowance. Suppress my salary to R12K I felt robbed.
Great environment with perfect colleagues
Corrosion monitoring for oil refinery process units and mitigation measures, cooling water treatment , integrity operating windows creation and follow up
Pros
Medical insurance, Entertainments, Certification
work life balance
good company to work with but at times worry abiut job security as well. overall enjoys working in QP and happy to. live in Qatar in general. Looking forward for another opportunity to work. with QP or any other companies in Qatar
Pros
benefits i. e salary, medical, allowances
Cons
job security
Excellent salary and facilities in a modern environment
They are the best paymasters and provide all sorts of facilities one can think of. However, there is a glass ceiling. You have to work like a robot within the same circle and can not venture into any other area. People are always tight-lipped and every one is skeptical. There is no open culture. There is very little scope for advancement in the career ladder. You will be happy with the quality of life, huge salary and facilities.
Every high end salary comes with risk as well. Petrochemical industry has lots of risks. Differences in culture and way of life are also factors that have to be look Into.
Productive, helpful colleagues& nice workplace
I worked there as a employees of edgewater. It was great experience for me work with Qatar petroleum. I always got support my colleagues, seniors & manager. I learnt lot of things from QP. Nice workplace really I enjoyed the moment when I worked there.
Pros
Free tea, cofee
Cons
Brakes for prayer
Intensive Experience and adequate job place
Mega projects size who helped and contributed to the growth and development of the Education city.
Super infra-structure works involves new roads, parks, PMS ...

Sustainable project fOR LEED and green buildings
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
Healthcare
Not very conducive environment if your manager is a lady
If your Manager is a lady do not think of going to QP because you will regret it. Trust me. Mostly they have not worked anywhere else and think they know everything, also climb up the ladder without working in junior or middle level hence no working knowledge. They hire people with over 5 years of experience even for lowest level and if you have more then 10 years experience be ready to work under someone who has either no or very little experience of QP only. Tough salary is good however at times its very depressing to work under rude and arrogant Manager. This is not only my experience during last year 2018-19 many people left our department only because of behavioral issue of our boss.
Technical Quality of nationals need to be improved ,
Technical knowledge knowledge of national are very poor.clever expect employees taking this chance and make them fool by satisfying their egos very frequently.this needs to be improved.they should respect the honest professionals.
when you love your job the job will love you back.
We conduct one hour Physical Fitness in every duty as per the schedule. We attending seminars in the company that gives as knowledge.Additional Trainings,Drills.tactics how to responds during emergencies. The most enjoyable part of the job are gave are best to help other people especially when we are on duty.
Pros
free foods, accomodation, internet and transportation
Cons
4days duty 4days off
Great place to work for with excellent benefit packages
Great place to work. Locals appreciated your work & sharing knowledge that benefited the company & Qatar.
HR treated all matters fairly & due benefits received from Recruitment to Final Exit Process.

QP offered excellent benefit packages that facilitate good & relaxed family life.
Productive and fun workplace
Diverse and advanced environment. always seeking automation in a rapid Oil and Gas company. Management are pro-active and always interactive with employees.
Culture is different as the company is in the strict middle east region which is very strict culturally.
Progressive and multi cultured work environment
Job growth, working culture and job security is good. However need to work hard to handle multiple project environments when ever needed.
Good engineering management with well advanced technology
It was my best pleasure as working in my sea life ever best company.
I had injury job related on my right knee.needed operation therefore ı obligated to resign.ıf they call me back to job again.ı will mobilised without any hesitation.
Like much of the Middle East worker are treated like dirt
Company is one of the lowest paying offshore service companies in the middle east.

Management does not support its workers too forced on penny pinching.
Pros
Regular job
Cons
you are working in the hostile environment
Excellent
Excellent workplace environment with a continual focus on technical learning, improvement, and a culture that demands excellence in all aspects of technical oversight.
Year 2000 to 2015 stable company
From 2015, the company started of outsource policy. So, from that year the started the cutting cost. Lay-off started the lives of every of employees became uncomfortable...
Good Workig Enviroment
Good work life balance
Great Pay

Great vacations

Management needs improvement

Decision making process needs to improve as too many procedural delays are there
Great Company to work for
QP is a great company to work for with great benefits. The work-life balance is great in this company. Decision making can be an issues at times; but everything else is great at this company.
Pros
everything else is great
Cons
Decision making can be slow