Qatar Petroleum

Qatar Petroleum Employee Review

View all Qatar Petroleum reviews

Working in QP
SENIOR PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Operations Engineering) (Former Employee) –  DukhanNovember 23, 2014
I started as General Process Panel Operator in the Gas Lift Compressor Station during the EPC stage until handover under Production Department and I was promoted as Senior Process Technician.I work from 6:30 AM till 2:30 PM as my regular office working hours. I am assigned in the Operations Engineering Department, our main responsibility is to coordinate with the Production Department for any process deviations and plant change request. We review process documentations and we are the focal point of all EPC projects for the company. I represent the senior process engineers for any site investigation and process review by collecting data such as process data sheets, actual operations parameters, P&ID's and PFD's etc..and send recommendation. I am also engaged in reviewing documents during the FEED stage. Assigned for witnessing some activities during the pre-commissioning, commissioning of the EPC project such as Punch listing, Instrumentation Loop checking, Site Acceptance Testing etc...Involved in the major shutdown and start up activities. Member of the Commissioning team and coordinate with the Project department and Contractors. Assigned as Trainer by my superiors to train the local trainees. My exposure in dealing with professional people is one of the main factors in achieving and seeking for a good opportunities offered by the companies and contributing my qualification and experience to meet the objectives set by the company. Our company is a multi-national and multi-cultural environment. We have a global community which helped us deal with different types of people.
Pros
Family Status with free accomodation
Cons
Low Salary

Other Qatar Petroleum Employee Reviews

Big Company Small Thinkers
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Doha, QATARFebruary 11, 2020
This company is hung up on acting like the big international firms it partners with but it doesn't have the depth or control to make any significant impact. QP defeats itself with petty management controls and does not trust its own people.
Very Good
FIREMAN (Current Employee) –  Mesaieed Industrial AreaFebruary 4, 2020
Very good company working with highly professional people in the industry of oil and gas. Working always with safety management system . Have gained more knowledge and experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Petroleum. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2