Qatar Petroleum Employee Reviews in Dukhān

Overall the company is a huge and stable company with modest compensation tio employees
Fitness Instructor/Supervisor, Dukhan Fitness Club (Former Employee) –  DukhanOctober 20, 2018
The company is a huge corporation with generous compensation package. They foster just & fair Management and treatment to its expats encouraging their employees including dependents to work and stay with the company for longer duration.
Pros
Housing, transportation and location allowance provided.
Cons
No Food allowance.
productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  DukhānJuly 12, 2018
Good timing of work,
I had learned many softwares such as SAP, i became more sociable.
Good and respectful management.
Well organized workplace
I met good people in there.
internship
library assistant (Former Employee) –  Dukhan english schoolAugust 21, 2017
For my work experience i was working in my schools library for the past w years where i had to calculate the costs and organize the books.I had to authority to assign books to particular people
An excellent place to work but.
Occupational Safety, Health and Hygiene (Current Employee) –  DukhanJuly 30, 2017
An excellent place to work but minimal career advancement for expatriate. If you are a person who seek challenges and not interested in routine tasks then this is not your place.
Pros
Good salary and facilities provided.
Cons
no career advancement opportunity for non-local
Overall review for Qatar Petroleum is it's better than a private company in Qatar
Stock Checker (Former Employee) –  Dukhan, QatarJanuary 7, 2017
A typical day at work in Qatar is very challenging and enjoying. I learned from the training in Qatar Petroleum are how to manage and organize the warehouse safely. Co-workers are professional and cooperative. The hardest part of the job is when I am doing the inventory of the heavy materials on high racks. The most enjoyable part is when I am doing the report.
Pros
Cheap lunch pack and free cold drinks and hot drinks
Cons
No hazard allowance
My career with Qatar Petroleum was very good and effective. I could train many Qatari Nationals during my tenure. I have gained a lot of HR admin exp.
HR Administration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dukhān,October 14, 2015
On a day at work, you need to prioratise your work, ensure accurate and efficient delivery. Have close relation ship with all subordinates, superiors, ensure no ambiguity prevails among the team members. Delegate work as much as possible maintaining the level of confidentiality and based on authority level.
When the work load increase, ensure to distribute the work in a balanced manner also ensure all customers requirements are completed in time and efficiently.
During my tenure, I have learned to have listening capacity, how to solve employees problems, also learned how to provide necessary advises to all superiors, conduct meetings, etc.
Most enjoyable part of the job was many suggestions and recommendations in the policies and procedures has been accepted and implemented in the company. All my subordinates were very happy with my office management.
Working Culture
Operations Engineer Technical (Former Employee) –  DukhanMay 25, 2015
QP has an excellent working environment with lots of support from colleagues, however it is not a place for long term stay as QP is not an equal opportunity employer.
Working in QP
SENIOR PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Operations Engineering) (Former Employee) –  DukhanNovember 23, 2014
I started as General Process Panel Operator in the Gas Lift Compressor Station during the EPC stage until handover under Production Department and I was promoted as Senior Process Technician.I work from 6:30 AM till 2:30 PM as my regular office working hours. I am assigned in the Operations Engineering Department, our main responsibility is to coordinate with the Production Department for any process deviations and plant change request. We review process documentations and we are the focal point of all EPC projects for the company. I represent the senior process engineers for any site investigation and process review by collecting data such as process data sheets, actual operations parameters, P&ID's and PFD's etc..and send recommendation. I am also engaged in reviewing documents during the FEED stage. Assigned for witnessing some activities during the pre-commissioning, commissioning of the EPC project such as Punch listing, Instrumentation Loop checking, Site Acceptance Testing etc...Involved in the major shutdown and start up activities. Member of the Commissioning team and coordinate with the Project department and Contractors. Assigned as Trainer by my superiors to train the local trainees. My exposure in dealing with professional people is one of the main factors in achieving and seeking for a good opportunities offered by the companies and contributing my qualification and experience to meet the objectives set by the company. Our company is a multi-national and multi-cultural environment. We have a global community which helped us deal with different types of people.
Pros
Family Status with free accomodation
Cons
Low Salary
Productive with complete recreational facilities.
Electrical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dukhan, QatarOctober 20, 2014
Busy with signing of PTW (permit to work) of more than 50 contractors everyday at first hour of work.

Simple, Manageable, Achievable, Reliable and Time-bound Objectives of Management

Worked with more than 37 multi-national co-workers and contractors gives me a lot of understanding and adjustment in working with Qatar Petroleum.

Big responsibility

Happy with what you are doing and without complaint
Pros
Free housing, transportation, medical, dental, schooling of up to 4 children, airfare, training & seminar, complete recreational benefit
Cons
big responsibilities, working hours
Maintenance work
HSE officer (Current Employee) –  Dukhān, JUMSeptember 12, 2014
 Inspection of necessary work permits, prior to beginning of any activities at site, necessary work permits.
 To assist the safety manager in coordinates of safety activities.
 Inspection of Safety sign boards and warning tape to avoid accident
 Monitor all workers to ensure proper safety outfit, such as safety belt, safety shoes, helmet, safety glass, earplugs and masks.
 Attending toolbox of sub-contractors to ensure that they are discussing safety procedures.
 Inspection of all safety equipment such as P.P.E ,Safety Hates, Fire Extinguishers etc, to ensure their reliability
 To attend the everyday tool box meeting and weekly safety meeting to made aware the workers about the safe work practice
Good, they make earning your salary as pleasant as possible.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  DukhānAugust 14, 2013
Well-paid. Secure and pretty environment with good leisure facilities, subsidised restaurant, accommodation provided and good health insurance and health-care. Quiet and rather dull, however. The hardest part is living in such close contact with your fellow employees; everyone in Dukhan is working for QP.

PS I was unable to use your star-rating system.
Pros
Salary, free accommodation, subsidised meals.
Cons
Heat and private life under a microscope.