Qatar Petroleum Employee Reviews

Not very conducive environment if your manager is a lady
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 16, 2019
If your Manager is a lady do not think of going to QP because you will regret it. Trust me. Mostly they have not worked anywhere else and think they know everything, also climb up the ladder without working in junior or middle level hence no working knowledge. They hire people with over 5 years of experience even for lowest level and if you have more then 10 years experience be ready to work under someone who has either no or very little experience of QP only. Tough salary is good however at times its very depressing to work under rude and arrogant Manager. This is not only my experience during last year 2018-19 many people left our department only because of behavioral issue of our boss.
Technical Quality of nationals need to be improved ,
Sr.Structural Engineer, Offsh Engineering Division (Former Employee) –  DohaSeptember 4, 2019
Technical knowledge knowledge of national are very poor.clever expect employees taking this chance and make them fool by satisfying their egos very frequently.this needs to be improved.they should respect the honest professionals.
when you love your job the job will love you back.
fireman (Former Employee) –  ras laffanSeptember 1, 2019
We conduct one hour Physical Fitness in every duty as per the schedule. We attending seminars in the company that gives as knowledge.Additional Trainings,Drills.tactics how to responds during emergencies. The most enjoyable part of the job are gave are best to help other people especially when we are on duty.
Pros
free foods, accomodation, internet and transportation
Cons
4days duty 4days off
Productive and fun workplace
IT Procurement Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaAugust 1, 2019
Diverse and advanced environment. always seeking automation in a rapid Oil and Gas company. Management are pro-active and always interactive with employees.
Culture is different as the company is in the strict middle east region which is very strict culturally.
Progressive and multi cultured work environment
Sr Technical safety and Loss Prevention Engineer (Current Employee) –  DohaJuly 24, 2019
Job growth, working culture and job security is good. However need to work hard to handle multiple project environments when ever needed.
Good engineering management with well advanced technology
It was my best pleasure as working in my sea life ever best company.
Senior port supervisor as pilot (Former Employee) –  Ras Laffan Industrial CityJuly 14, 2019
I had injury job related on my right knee.needed operation therefore ı obligated to resign.ıf they call me back to job again.ı will mobilised without any hesitation.
Like much of the Middle East worker are treated like dirt
Offshore Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  DohaJuly 13, 2019
Company is one of the lowest paying offshore service companies in the middle east.

Management does not support its workers too forced on penny pinching.
Pros
Regular job
Cons
you are working in the hostile environment
Excellent
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  DohaJune 15, 2019
Excellent workplace environment with a continual focus on technical learning, improvement, and a culture that demands excellence in all aspects of technical oversight.
Good Workig Enviroment
LEAD Data protection ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarMay 25, 2019
Good work life balance
Great Pay
Great vacations
Management needs improvement
Decision making process needs to improve as too many procedural delays are there
Great Company to work for
Corporate Head of HSE Performance and Environment (Current Employee) –  DohaMay 10, 2019
QP is a great company to work for with great benefits. The work-life balance is great in this company. Decision making can be an issues at times; but everything else is great at this company.
Pros
everything else is great
Cons
Decision making can be slow
Productive, with exposure to new challenges
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  DUKHANMay 7, 2019
Exposure to challenges, productive work place, major oil and gas firm, having a great pipeline network fields, having opertaional exceleence implemented for employess enhanced performance.
Not understood
Service superviso rII (Current Employee) –  QatarMay 2, 2019
I have really gained significant skill in Halliburton and career improvement. Regarding to Management, I had a good relationship as per individual character management so far. The hardest part of the job, for sure, it is when we're facing difficulties on proving solution to the customer and the most enjoyable part is when the job is completed successfully in time as expected. Everyone likes that.
To meet or exceed the customer expectation.
Pros
Not undertood
Cons
Not understood
Best company
Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Al-JumayliyahApril 24, 2019
This is the best company in my life where I had worked. Friendly work environment. People are very cooperative, Management are very approachable'. All department 's were working with parallel and in good coordination.
Excellent environment to work
Petroleum Engineer (Former Employee) –  DohaApril 24, 2019
• Played role of technical advisor, accountable for implementation of methods and technology, delivery of non-routine production technology support, and execution of field trials following all the Smart and/or Intelligent Field conditions, technology and philosophy for carbonate and non-carbonate reservoirs.
• Unconventional resources studies like Hydraulic Fracture and maximum pressure support for the reservoir to minimize risk to over fracture a well
• Served as a focal point for quality management system (QMS) by rendering support to the Qatarization
Best benefit company in the middle east
SENIOR IT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  DohaApril 24, 2019
Best benefits provider in the middle east . Good work environment nice colleagues.
Relax job functions. The latest management taken bold steps to improve and increase the efficiency of the workers.
Young people doing smart things very impressive

Only the negative is Gap for the Senior staff and Employee level staff This must reduce more than current level.
Pros
Extremely best benefits / holidays / medical insurance/ work life balance
Cons
Very little movement from low to higher position
Very Professional
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  QAApril 10, 2019
Excellent staff and very good workplace culture. Learned a lot of new things. very accommodating management team. A very safe environment for staff to work.
Pros
A new learning every day
Cons
Away from the city
Productive and having good club and playground.
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  DohaMarch 5, 2019
I have joined to help American company to change SCADA system by replacing Pneumatic instruments without any process disturbances. I have commissioned and lined up without disturbance. I was continued for operation for Natural Gas Liquification Plant also.
Pros
Only free accommodation and transport.
Cons
8 hours shift work
Planning
Contractor (Former Employee) –  DohaFebruary 16, 2019
Develops workable action plans
Creates flexible plans to meet changing opportunities
Effectively puts plans into action
Excels in developing strategic alternatives
Effectively formulates strategies, tactics, and action plans to drive X results
Transmission Project
Transmission and Distribution Engineer (Former Employee) –  Inside RasLaffanJanuary 31, 2019
I have been working sub contractor of Qatar Petroleum in Electrical Transmission and Distribution Project. I have successfully completed 66KV Transmission project for Gasal and some substation work for QNFS.
Overall the company is a huge and stable company with modest compensation tio employees
Fitness Instructor/Supervisor, Dukhan Fitness Club (Former Employee) –  DukhanOctober 20, 2018
The company is a huge corporation with generous compensation package. They foster just & fair Management and treatment to its expats encouraging their employees including dependents to work and stay with the company for longer duration.
Pros
Housing, transportation and location allowance provided.
Cons
No Food allowance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Petroleum. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2