Qatar National Cement Company

Qatar National Cement Company Employee Reviews

Qatar16 reviews
always monitor the system every minutes, hour, i learned to be a good operator and respect my all work mate and supervisor. culture of my work place i good respect to each other. the hardest part of the job if not found the problem and control panel, in to shutdown the plant. the most enjoyable part of the job when we accomplish all the trouble that i encounter.
I wish to state that, during my service with company I had faced lots of discrimination because of my backgroud. Management were partial and fire employ even during critical situation. They did not even compensate enough after being fired from job. Overall expeience is dissappointing
Pros
Some good colleagues
Cons
Lots of dirty politics and worst management
Really It is good place for work. Because you feel safe and secure. You can show your talent according to your abilities. If you do not know anything. You can learn and grow.
As a highly skilled and successful professional with 15+ years of experience driving mechanical project oversight, engineer supervision, and quality control, I possess a wide range of knowledge and expertise that will enable me to contribute toward the success of Firefly Industries.
My expertise lies in successfully developing and implementing strategic processes; overseeing installation, repair, and logistical operations; and managing staff deployments and performances to maximize productivity, efficiency, and operational performance. Through my experience, I have become adept in vehicle and equipment maintenance, electrical and power systems, and crew direction. Furthermore, my complementary talents in time management, problem solving, and communication are certain to render me an asset to your mechanical team.

The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:

• Spearheading all aspects of mechanical and engineering projects, including engineer supervision and direction, system maintenance and repair, quality assurance, and regulatory/safety compliance.

• Performing safety audits to drive adherence to all safety regulations, thereby improving employee risk assessments and reducing on-the-job injuries and incidents.

• Writing and updating planned and corrective maintenance work packages for the troubleshooting, repair, and testing of mechanical equipment and systems.

• Training and mentoring junior-level engineers and mechanics, providing opportunities to acquire experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing complex electrical and
 - more...
Pros
Free meals and acommodation
Cons
Weather
1.Prepares and implements detailed maintenance and workshop work procedures, recommending alternative maintenance frequencies based on equipment history or as a result of regular vibration monitoring surveys.
2. Equipment performance Monitors the performance and maintenance cost for various mechanical and workshop equipment to minimize cost. Ensures that maintenance services are provided efficiently.Enhancing equipment performance as per milestones.

3. Materials/ Stock set ups Liaises with subordinates/stores personnel on detailed stock set ups for mechanical plant equipment and spare parts includes supervising the preparation of purchase requisitions as well as the inspection and acceptance of spare parts.Reviews requirements.

4. Consolidation Ensures that regular preventive and condition monitoring surveys are carried out. Liaises with other Maintenance Sections/Operations Department personnel to coordinate to arrange for plant shutdowns,participating in shutdowns and other maintenance planning activities.

5. Budget Estimation • Prepares budget estimates for a capital and operating requirement includes provision of annual manpower and contactor utilization forecasts, authorizes low cost fabrication or refurbishment of plant requirements or spare parts.Achieve optimum maintenance maximum availability/reliability at least cost.

. Review bids submitted by Contractors.Reviews invoices.

• Determines requirements, supervises the preparation of preliminary specifications and drawings.

Supervision, Planning and Organizing:• Directs and supervises the activities of assigned
 - more...
i am hard working at work, i learned how to operate different machines..i also learned how to run the cement plant..its ok the company but no good management policy..
Pros
free
Cons
long hour
15 years of experience in ooredoo qatar as a assistant manager with driving licence and I am looking for a good job in Qatar I know all around qatar and I am ready for any good job
Pros
free accommodation
Cons
health care
over all good place to get experience and friendly management specially in infrastructure so most of the time have to visit site to ensure site safety and work force conditions. slogan is simple came to work so work hard and gain money =experience :)
It's a multinational company with a marvelous community ,as it's a plant it has to work continuously 24 hours a day 7 days a week it only stops for shutdowns or major break down .so the employees like engineers and operators would work in three shifts to keep it running all day long.
a very wise management is running the company bearing in mind a creative healthy environment for the workers.

by joining this company i learnt a lot such as penitence and solving challenging problems.

the hardest part of the job is when one of the kiln stops and of course the most enjoyable part is putting a production unit back to work quickly after a break down.
A typical day at work is Ok.
Training is like a "learn for yourself" or "self tutorial" learning.

Workplace is always at peace as our building is in the middle of the dessert and when it comes to work, all is easy and the most enjoyable part is when we receive our employee benefits.
Very good Company. Providing us all the facilities in time. Very punctual in providing timely salary and overtime, Also providing round trip airfare ticket,
Pros
Free Accommodation and transportation
Cons
Free Health care
greet costumer when they arrive train new sales staff answer the phone give the order of the costumer ..make sure that the items is correct be perpect at all time
Our company is one of the biggest cement production company in Qatar.Very stable and provides lot of opportunities for young engineers to grow and learn.
Pros
free accomodation, medical
Cons
health care
* Every working day, we start the work by reporting at the worksite,getting instructions from our supervisor/ foreman like to cut, fit and weld various metals and iron products in a Plant where we are supposed to work to.
* I Work proficiently as a team or individually

* I Work efficiently and professionally

* I do have a good working relationship with my mentors and co-workers
Pros
with overtime
1. Start from 6.30 AM up to 2.30 PM but working up to 6.00 PM.
2. SAP FICO (MM & SD prelim). Experience of working with people of different countries.

3. Good.

4. Hard working and Co-operative.

5. Discrimination.

6. Challenges and variety of work.
Pros
Free Funished Accomodation, Subsidized food, Free Elec. & Water, Medical.
Cons
Clinic inside Housing, prayer breaks
• Running plant on cost effective manner.
• Checking the quality control test- chemical and physical for both raw materials and finished products.

• Follow up of the maintenance works carried out by other maintenance departments.

• Ensure the best performance of the measuring instruments at the various sections of the plant.

• Supervision &evaluation of operation parameters of all production lines.

• To set our proposal and future visions towards enhancing productivity and optimizing power and fuel consumption.

• Checking the kiln performance taking corrective action needed

• Brick lining inspection and supervisor the brick installation and casting