Qatar National Bank Employee Reviews

NBN Implementation manager (Former Employee) –  DohaOctober 23, 2015
Company with no direction and leadership. All decisions made on the hoof with very little knowledge of the fibre network.
Amazing Place to Work
Internal and External Audit Issues
Compliance and Admin Issues
Pleasure environment workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWJuly 13, 2015
QNB Capital was perfectly pleasure place to learnt skill. I had my internship experience. I learnt about office skill. The management was exteremly proffesional on regulation. My collegues in QNB Capital were really nice, polite and friendly people. The hardest job was on fast administrative operational. Because sometimes, there was any urgent meeting clients. The most enjoyable experience in QNB Capital was learnt new things such as financial and economic growth.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Allowance
Encouraging enviroment
HRBP (Former Employee) –  Doha,May 7, 2015
The world strongest Bank, powerful management good salaries and environment but sure some challenges are to be faced some co workers are helpful others are no the hardest part of the job is to deal with unprofessional and not educated employees
Good and friendly environement
Head of Operational Risk Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Doha,June 3, 2014
Good place with work and life balance.
As the company grows there is room for growth.
Pros
Straight shift work, good salary
Cons
None specific
Not-so-productive environment with lots of ambiguities
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJune 29, 2013
 Involved in building and maintaining end-to-end Business-Technology relationship.
 Proficient in Requirement Gathering from Business stakeholders, and translating to Technical stakeholders, through documenting Business Requirements, Functional and Non-functional specifications and hands-on involvement in data analysis sessions.
 Managing multi-year projects on implementation of comprehensive Risk Management & regulatory Reporting tools and process workflows through conceptual understanding and updated market knowledge about Credit Risk, Market Risk and Operational Risk.
 Implementation of RiskOrigins & RiskFrontier, an integrated, workflow-driven Credit origination & Credit Risk Assessment platform that allows QNB to streamline and standardize their entire commercial lending underwriting process that covers loans, bonds, CDOs, credit default swaps, basket default swaps, retail credit lines, retail loans, equities and exposure profiles across asset classes.
 Managing migration of Basel-II reporting & Dodd-Frank (DFA-CPA) from manual to automated frameworks in QNBCapital.
 Interacting with Chief Risk Officer, Country Heads, Risk Management teams and other Stakeholders across the MENA region, UK, France and Singapore offices to understand the current Basel-II & Dodd-Frank frameworks as-is and help QNB management formulate a strategy for to-be through the proposed Reporting framework to facilitate Country-level and Regional-level Regulatory Reporting.
 Responsible for the Gap Analysis and feasibility study in order to implement Basel-III in QNB.
 End-to-end management
  more... of and involvement in business analysis, Quality Assurance and SIT/UAT of QNB’s Customer Loyalty Management application. Responsible for managing and negotiating business rules with 2 different external vendors. Working simultaneously with the Technical team to facilitate the application development.
 Working in Tandem with Group CFO for creating Balance Sheet Hierarchy for existing and new products, with cautious vigilance towards feasibility, techno-functional compatibility and growth plan for the business.
 Suggested key improvements for Process Automation applications which enhance the data warehouse of the bank.
 Coordinated with various Stakeholders including management to resolve requirement and implementation issues within an aggressive timeline.
Teller at doha bank
cashier/teller (Former Employee) –  DOHAFebruary 7, 2013
I experiend a great working culture at qatar national bank and doha bank.
Pros
short duty hours
Cons
contract basis job
Fun workplace
Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarJuly 26, 2012
Although my stay with QNB was very short but I had opportunity to learn a lot. I enjoyed working there. My manager was really helpful and he made all the difficult assignments look so easy. My co-workers were very helpful when I started my assignment there. Most enjoyable part of the job was team work. Everybody was a team player and gave their best when it came to meet deadlines.