Qatar Gas

Qatar Gas Pay & Benefits reviews

Qatar87 reviews
A typical day at work - 8 hours shift with 1 hour break for Lunch, productive hours would be 6 hours. during priority jobs and shutdowns typical shift hours 12 hours.

What have you learned - Learned effective time management skills which has helped a lot to do things faster.

Management - Manger changes quite often, so have to be a quick learner to adapt new systems.

The hardest part of the job - time conveyance to travel workplace

The most enjoyable part of the job: The workspace and the opportunity to learn new things.
Pros
Subsidies, medical insurances
Cons
Working in Oil & gas environment is always considered to be risky.
Poor work life balance. Learned about gas operations. Qatari management, expats below. Good CEO. Little credit given to expats. Good experience to be involved in the world's largest gas business.
Pros
Not bad pay and benefits.
Cons
No career prospects for expats.
I felt the pay package was fair loved being in the country felt the insurance was not up to par for an American expat had to be careful with your money just to much to do
I learned so much more about working with a bigger project and was responsible with correspondence and Material Requisitions needed for the project.
I gained a lot of friends too.
Pros
Free lunch and transpo and overtime pay
Cons
Long travel from Doha.
In working at gas plants I experienced more knowledge about tanks for storage of different kinds of gas products. and experience to work with other people
Pros
free mobile loads accomodation
Cons
long hours travel
Overall great experience , great benefits and employee time off . Fantastic to have the experience to travel and experience life abroad , great management company , with driven personnel.
Pros
Work life balkance
Exceptional company with amazing opportunities and world class operations that provides the best to their clients and their human capital in a trying world environment of pressurised pricing
Pros
great employee benefits
Cons
All the stuff are very cooperative, management are also good. Salary timing, rules and regulations are very good. It's a very good company for working with different people in different cultures but can learn more about your schedule jobs.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working hours as per government rules.
Overall great experience to work for this company. Good time off , great benefits and vacations. Company pays well , but job advancement is not an option.
its a very nice place to work, i dint want to leave but unfortunately my contract was over and i didn't want to extend my contract because i want to relocate from there.
company gives very nice benefits such as medical, laundry, mess food and transport even we go for outing on holidays
Pros
free lunches medicle laundry and tranport
Cons
short breaks medical leaves and leaves when urgent piece of work is there.
Very good company in terms of salary and fringe benefits. Look after the safety of its employees and family. Excellent housing facility and medical services. I prefer to remain with the company even after crossing retirement age.
Pros
very strict when it comes to safety
I learned some techniques for electrical installing and fixing some wiring connections. management is good especially for safety they always remind you before you start your work.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
some have a long hours to work everyday
It was a good experience to work there.
Balanced work .

Better Salary and benefits.
Less job security.
While working, you will not feel that you work its like we are all family, we work as team work in able to achieve our goals and more. Tax free and all the benefits are suitable for each company employee.
ESS (compass catering services) good company. Ess is facility management company. One of the best company. Free accommodation. Free food, laundry, recreation
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Eight hours
Technically challenging and learned new aspects in engineering.
Received excellent salary and other benefits.
Expect job security, but couldn't get due to recession in Oil and Gas industry.
Qatargas is a world class LNG supplier with an established safety and management systems.

A typical day involves a quick status update of ongoing issue relating to LNG Vessel, Operator Request, any pending items since last update.

Involved in Managing process and develop positive and effective way of improving the existing process.

Discuss operational and technical issue with co-workers and agree on plans to deal going forward.

Challenging part of the job is quantifying the benefits of numerous optimisations measures implemented onboard LNG fleet.

Ensuring process and fleet issues are managed/resolved in a timely and effective way is the most satisfying experience of my job.
Pros
Company provided Accommodation and Schooling. Medical and Travel allowance.
Cons
Limited Vertical Progression.
The company has grown exponentially in the last 5 years from being a modest one to world latest producer and supplier of LNG using world's almost 20% of the total LNG tonnage.
Pros
Tax free salary, good expat package
Cons
Weather, traffic
learnt lot of things had a good time want to grow with time as passes by so looking for a good break and an opportunity to get along and learn and explore new things
Pros
Free Luch
Cons
N/a
I enjoyed working in Qatargas, they have good work environment. I worked as RCM Engineer and left due to my personal problem.
Pros
no Free Lunch we have to pay for our Lunch
Cons
Healthcare is very good, they have very good clinic
After spending five years with Qatargas, I left dismayed at mismanagement at the mid levels. Upper management has a vision that mid managers are attempting to implement at all costs. Not a Canadian company and I for one am happy to have it behind me.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Great Salary, makes it difficult to leave.