Qatar Gas Employee Reviews

good organization
Supervisor in Rotating Equipment Department (Current Employee) –  QatarNovember 16, 2019
Commissioning,Operation and Maintenance - Decision making skills,
Good environment, Safety first at every time, Good facility, Good organization, communication
Good company
Construction and interface Manager (Former Employee) –  Ras Laffan Industrial CityOctober 14, 2019
Goodbye company to work for it big LNG producer in the world had an extensive number of equipment which requires high focus in terms of integrity and maintenance high caliber work force
Good LNG company
Senior planning engineer (Current Employee) –  raslafffan, DohaSeptember 21, 2019
Good company to work for few years. One of the top LNG companies in the world. Since merger with Rasgas the production has doubled and is hte largest producer of LNG
Very helpful working experience with pure understanding about oil and gas.
Member of SNC-Lavalin (Former Employee) –  Ras Laffan Industrial CityAugust 22, 2019
I learned so much more about working with a bigger project and was responsible with correspondence and Material Requisitions needed for the project.
I gained a lot of friends too.
Pros
Free lunch and transpo and overtime pay
Cons
Long travel from Doha.
Enjoy working with my team
Safety LEAD (Current Employee) –  QatarJune 18, 2019
I'm very happy to work with my team the last project in Qatar,
Due to the management fully support until end of the last day of the project.
InshaAllha we will get new project in future working with same team.

Productive, professional and experienced personnel with good communication and team work.
Project Procurement Quality Advisor (Former Employee) –  QatarMay 31, 2019
Typical works, including daily, weekly, monthly follow up, planning/schedule.

I learned a lot while working in QG, such as HSE culture and implementation, ensuring quality works as per QG standards, good communications, etc.

I had great experiences on workplace culture, which was created by Management, supported by QG.

Tha Hardest part of the job was, to handle continuous deviation requests (Deviations from contratc/specifications, etc.) from Main contractor and ensure not impacting on EPC.

There was a good communication, exchange experiences, new ideas, team work.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Management supports, Good Heathcare, Compansation in Family status.
Cons
Workload, tight schedule..
Fun workplace with amazing benefits
Asst. Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Al-KhawrApril 20, 2019
Great teamwork is present among staff of different nationalities. Customer service is a must especially in the Clubs serving 15,000 residents composed of over 50 nationalities.
electrical maintenance and trouble shooting
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ras Lafan Industry city QATARFebruary 4, 2019
job doing at plant with respect to permit to work
before job start follow proper safety rule
job done safely and again start the plant and close the permit and start the plant
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
long hours 12 hrs
understanding works at gas plants
instrument foreman (Former Employee) –  ras laffanJanuary 26, 2019
In working at gas plants I experienced more knowledge about tanks for storage of different kinds of gas products. and experience to work with other people
Pros
free mobile loads accomodation
Cons
long hours travel
Good employer with benefits.
Assisting students and the instructor (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 3, 2019
The supervisor would delegate the tasks required to carry out to each employer. As a summer camp intern we all had the same job. Attend our assigned classes for summer camp and since we had no choice to pick for what activity we were helping out in was a fun surprise. We tend to learn skills that we have been taught previously and not the ones we are suppose to achieve or learn as we shy away from the learning zone and stay in our comfort zones at times. However, I would then use my time in activities to carry out a fires safety checklist, taking attendance and then helping the students out along with the instructor. The workplace culture is very calm and nice as everyone in the workplace is from different culture which helps the management to work and learn about ones culture as well.
Pros
They gave lunch coupons for the Community club restaurants.
Excellent Company
Services Manager (Former Employee) –  DohaDecember 8, 2018
Overall great experience , great benefits and employee time off . Fantastic to have the experience to travel and experience life abroad , great management company , with driven personnel.
Pros
Work life balkance
exemplary work environment
Maintenance Advisor (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 21, 2018
Exceptional company with amazing opportunities and world class operations that provides the best to their clients and their human capital in a trying world environment of pressurised pricing
Pros
great employee benefits
Good work place.A
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  DohaNovember 13, 2018
All the stuff are very cooperative, management are also good. Salary timing, rules and regulations are very good. It's a very good company for working with different people in different cultures but can learn more about your schedule jobs.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working hours as per government rules.
good company, good salary
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  DohaOctober 13, 2018
worked as an instrumentation engineer, involved in all instrumentation activities.daily jobs including supervising all field related jobs, commissioning all completed jobs
Largest project world wide
Mechanical / Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  QASeptember 7, 2018
Challenging from start to finish. The project was the largest world wide the building of two mega LNG plants in Qatar. Largest work force i have ever seen put together without question massive work load and project budget.
Pros
working for one of the largest Companies within LNG
Cons
High Expectations.
Work in WWDSF project
Const. and Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raslafan, QatarAugust 29, 2018
We can enjoy there with our work as there is a nice working atmosphere and liberty to work with honesty and loyality. it is nice place to work. My superiors and team I worked with werw very nice and cooperative, and give us the opportunity to perform our duty independently.
Process plant operator at qatar gas
Rover operator (Current Employee) –  Ras laffanAugust 6, 2018
I am working in Qatar gas .Qatar gas is the world premier lng company and its training in hse is very helpful for working in oil and gas plant. I am very hopeful to get job in your reputated company and work for you.
Good for gaining experience
Instrument Technologist (Current Employee) –  DohaApril 30, 2018
A good friendly enviornmnet with a company that actually cares for the employees. Everything is transparent and open. Hr is free to talk to and totally a pleasant experience
excellent
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  QatarMarch 14, 2018
daily planing job and I like the following safety procedure and work job cycle and management handling with workers everything is good. Also good communications skills.
Qatargas
Lead production and sales planner (Former Employee) –  DohaMarch 12, 2018
Qatargas is a great company with a very complicated business that require unique skills that can manage the scale and the level of work requirements.
On the other hand, Last November during merge with Ras Gas and being the largest LNG producer company, the company decided to layout around 150 employees in the first run and unfortunately they selected to let go employees based on their nationalities mainly.
Again this doesn't mean i do not love the place it is a great place to work for.and build a future.
All the best for all the new comers.