Qatar Electricity and Water Company

Qatar Electricity and Water Company Employee Reviews

Qatar22 reviews
The workers are multi culture. accomodations are free and have meal subsidy. Shuttle bus service are provided by the company. Free medical insurance. No tax deduction on salary.
Had a good experience in QEWC for 19years as instrument technician
But no job security.As was terminated from job suddenly with no good reason.Had to suffer with family.was very good in my job.Always ready for overtime.But appraisal was not up to mark.
To take up responsibility as a technician with the ability to diagnose technical problems and determine proper solution. Mechanical Technician performs installation of machines and machines parts, and takes care of the maintenance and repair works.
You will learn so many things about Power Generation and Desalination, excellent training ground for fresh graduates and it will give you good experience.
* 8 working hours for 5 days
*I've learned a lot regarding sea water, product water and boiler sample analysis. Diving skills and related work.

* with good working environment especially with my colleagues

* It's difficult for us to work continuously during hot season

* I enjoyed a lot while doing analysis inside the laboratory as well diving with my team
Pros
free food
Cons
no gratuity pay
5 days 8 hours work weekly.my instrumentation knowledge is gain a lot.management is good.workplace is safe.hardest part of the job is there is a emergency shutdown while you are on your rest day or your duty is done.most enjoyable part of the job is every job well done safely and perfect.
Pros
cheap breakfast and lunch
Cons
8 hours a day
Old, dirty and unsanitary accommodation, No end of service benefit, General manager loves to terminate people he meets during his plant visit every Thursday, poor health and safety culture, Inevitable exposure to cancerous substances such as Asbestos, Bullying and harassment with fellow workers. Avoid this company at all cost!
Pros
Subsidized meal
Cons
Everything. Avoid this company at all cost!
Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC) had been my first employer since it is my first work overseas. I am very thankful for the opportunity they given to me as a Charge hand operator for the plant. I work under the Operation Department with a 4 days duty (12 hours each) and 4 days off in rotation. I learned a lot indifferent process in Distillation Water Treatment and Boiler Area since I was assigned on that area before I was assigned in my own Group which was the Permit Group. I learned a lot in the process the issuance of the permit the clearing of Defect Cards and following the SOP before and after isolation of certain equipment.

I can say about the management was I realize that there will be no more perfect and ideal management that I am looking for but still hoping .The management of the QEWC for me is having lack in giving the better benefits of the employer especially those who are well recommended for their hard works and dedication. But for the culture I can say that it is really adaptable .

The hardest part of my job was really during summer season because we all know that it was really a challenge for us to work in summer season because of the whether and because of how heavy the work of an operator it may be. But I enjoyed it as well challenge accepted since I am working in Middle East. And the most enjoyable part of my job was it is when my supervisor or other workmates telling me your doing a great job , thanks for the help and when I can make them smile every time they see me working and around in the plant. Because despite that working in a power
 - more...
Pros
You have a better and long Dayoff compare to others its 4 days
Cons
during Summer and Ramadan you need to work longer than others cause you are in operation
A good company if you want to gain experience in Gulf. Not recommended to stay for long time. There is no career growth, high volume of work and weekly employee termination
Pros
Subsidized breakfast and lunch
Cons
no career growth
I had been doing running maintenance and all shut down job of the power plant, chemical dozing system and over all it was a good and satisfactory time working with them.
Start of my work 0500H to 1300H
Management is not good in handling employee they don't have concern for each employee,Work place so far safe.Working in our company over all was good i think.
Pros
free service going to plant
Cons
not good food for filipinos
Permitting compliance with safety requirements and liaison and coordination with other Departments as required. Handling the machines at a manufacturing facility and making sure that they function properly. The mechanical Technician performs installation of machines and machines parts, and takes care of the maintenance and repair works.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, Dinner
Cons
1/2 hr light meal 1 hour lunch
the company has a great opportunity to give in the sense that the technology is modern and updated. The shift schedule for employees also is a good favor. But it lacks in employee/management good relation. Employment security can not be assured. the most enjoyable part of the job is during troubleshooting which enables our hidden talents to come out.
Pros
Good Shift schedule
Cons
job security and salary increaase
As hvac supervisor is not an easy task especially deploying manpower according to the job description also to perform daily routine for preventive maintenance job from avoiding frequently shutdown.
Very excellent environment and friendly people all respect all working hard all take the action in no time can be for every one dream and can be of future prospects for all.
Operates 24 hours a day.
Mostly workers are nice and approachable.

Jobs are slightly slowed down due to language barrier.

Maintaining safety for everyone is the best part of my job.
one of the best wok station in my career life with 21 nationalities and more than 1600 staff members, about 20 religions, albeit is was making a lot of success stories
Pros
continuous improvement
wake up early in the morning to prepare in work.... i learned to mingle the other people coz were different country i have a lots of friends there in different culture and most of all i learned a lot in my works as a scaffolder...the management in qatar was okay..my co workers was cooperative with me... the hardest part of job is in the inside of boiler...the most enjoyable part of my job we helping each other and cooperative sharing some ideas how to erect the pipe .....
Pros
half of free
Cons
8 hours
Company has good training ground.
I can learn time management and weigh the priority and critical situations regarding operations on equipment.
Pros
Free plane tickets for family.
Our work start at 5.30am until 5.30pm
I learned safet rules how much ipportant in a plant like my company

Managment give importance for the safety of the company

Co workers all are help full and cooperative

nothing hardest

Drill
typical maintaining the operation of the power plant and water desalination are are in good condition, I learn some idea of machining technique in this company, a very big different from the last company where i was employed. This company are 100% convention machines are use. I have nothing to say about the management. worker are from different nation. the hardest part of the job that sometime we encounter technical problem on tools and materials. I enjoyable part of the job is gaining and growth of technical skill through day to day job experience.
Pros
Free accommodation, food subsidies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Electricity and Water Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Qatar Electricity and Water Company Reviews by Location