Qatar Airways Employee Reviews

Toxic work place
Vice President Commercial Operations (Former Employee) –  DohaMarch 20, 2019
No transparency

no communication

inhumane treatment to staff .

not walking the talk .

I -optimum and not we -optimum so people can survive

Led by fear
Good experiences
Air Hostess (Current Employee) –  DohaMarch 12, 2019
Good experiences with a lot of destinations where fly to.
Benefits is excellence.
Multi culture environment.
For the people looking for change in life this is a great opportunity to try.
Pros
Free accommodation
good
cabin crew (Former Employee) –  DohaMarch 8, 2019
good work culture

good management

fun flying as cabin crew.
working with 150 nationalities.
good personal growth.
job security and very organized.
A great place to lose yourself
F1 Premium Class Crew A380 (Former Employee) –  Doha QATARFebruary 26, 2019
Standard Career progression. Great Tax-free benefits. Housing and accommodation are of high standards. Free transport is provided for each shift. Multi-cultural environment.
Pros
Tax-free salary
Cons
Too many procedures make life robotic
A once in a lifetime experience
CABIN CREW (Former Employee) –  DohaFebruary 25, 2019
It was indeed a once in a lifetime experience. I have met a lot of people from different culture and from different walks of life working in this company. Learned lessons from people encounter, met people that will forever be in my life and I can say I am what I am today in terms of the professional area because of this company. It has mold my personality and boosted my confidence. It was indeed a great experience that I will forever treasure.
Good productive with involvement of different culture
Sr. Analyst Schedule & Slots (Current Employee) –  Qatar,DohaFebruary 20, 2019
Nice place to work with versatile culture .discipline to follow.Interactive with differ culture management and colleague in vision of company profit and productivity.Personal,Professional and company growth is main objective and vision.
Pros
Different Incentives
Cons
No pantry
Nice place to work with pin pong table and discounted food coupons
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  DohaFebruary 18, 2019
A typical day at work will consist of log in to the work portal to check the task assignment, attending daily stand up meeting, completing the task at hand and updating the status to the lead. Developed software for major medical companies using latest development technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, WCF, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, XML and SQL server.
good place to meet new people and explore diversity
Cabin Attendant (Former Employee) –  DohaFebruary 17, 2019
the company has strict rule and regulations to be followed by the employees at all time.
it is good to maintain consistency and 5 star experience for the customers
they have nice remuneration and salary package.
they give a lot of benefits to employees including health and travel concessions
A good place to see the world and save some money.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  DohaFebruary 13, 2019
The main plus is the chance to travel world wide in several international destinations.
Also we as cabin crew benefit of free accommodation and transportation to and from airport to base.
The company offers private medical insurance and a good salary.
Pros
Medical insurance, good salary, free accomodation, free training
Cons
Productive and fun work place . Learnt diversity .
Cabin Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DohaFebruary 1, 2019
Qatar Airways is a 5 star airline . I worked as a cbin supervisor and learnt a lot . This organisation provided me good salary , life time experience of exploring the world , working in multiculture enviornment and leaning customers expectations from a global brand .
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Fatigue ( travelling through time zones ) .
5 star airline
cabin crew (Former Employee) –  Doha Base,Worldwide travelJanuary 23, 2019
Award winning five star airline.Fun and very active , very interesting job.I really like the benefits and attractive salary.I have learned lot of things,How to deal with medical emergencies,Diagnose patients.Take care of people's safety and security.Safety procedures are very standard . Service is 5 star .It made me more happy to give a clean hot meal tray and see their smile.And I have taken care of mother with infants.Customers with medical background were taken care. I obtained Oxygen bottle and administrated immediate first aid to the fainted customers..And There is a series of things to continue.I was talking to every person with a smile.
Pros
Transport and onboard food provided .Accomadations and medical facilities provided.
Cons
Body clock changes due to traveling various time zones
gran ambiente laboral, gran experiencia de trabajar con gente de todas partes del mundo y aprender de cada una de sus culturas
Auxiliar de vuelo (Former Employee) –  Doha, QAJanuary 22, 2019
lejos la mejor experiencia ser parte de una empresa consolidada en su área y ser parte de un equipo de trabajo diverso y variado en cuanto a equipos de trabajos conformado por gente de todo el mundo, experiencia única vivir en una cultura tan diferente a la occidental y aun así se vive el respeto a cada una de los empleados independiente de su religión o idioma
Pros
seguro medico pasajes gratis aereos
Cons
falta de legislación laboral horas de descanso
Do not go there! Worst workplace ever !!! You have been warned!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Qatar - DohaJanuary 22, 2019
This was by far the worst workplace I have ever set my foot on!

• Most of higher management is highly incompetent and lacks descent education.

• The company is highly bureaucratic. Everything is on paper and requires the “chief’s” signature.

• The company is managed by fear from top to bottom. No staff wants to be in the HQ lifts around 7AM as the risk of loosing your job increases considerably, since the “chief” (yes you have to call him this!) may see you and dislike your looks, the way you did your tie, your haircut, the color of your hair, and next thing you know is that you are fired.

• Be ready to have your private life’s privileges removed from you, depending on which department you work (the case for the great majority of the employees).

• The company HR policies were only available to HR managers. As a staff you really don’t know what the HR polices are.

• The company is run in a state of “total chaos” with highly unethical work practices for modern times. Work processes are as archaic as it can get.

• If you venture working at airports, crew scheduling or in flight services, be ready to work with a Qatar Airways icon. Mr. SK. (AKA “the dog”) This man is a slave that was put in a high position by the Chief himself. He will do literally anything to please his master and maintain his job (since he cant go anywhere else but back to his own country or stay in Qatar).

• The company will advertise to you that housing you will be provided is amazing; that the country is beautiful, civilized and with an enviable infra structure, a truly developed
  more... country’s picture. BE WARNED! It is absolutely the opposite of it!

• Some of my friends were stewardess – they had the worst life ever despite the photos we see on their social media. When in Doha they rarely can leave home. The excuse given by the company us that this is for them to take rest before flights/work. The issue is, even on their days off they had to be at home.

• If you want to get married as a stewardess you MUST ask permission and you are fired if you get pregnant (rules in 2019).

• Once you signed a contract and have a working permit/visa, you will ONLY be allowed to exit the country if you are permitted to by Qatar Airways, regardless whether you have your passport with you or not. You need to ask permission every single time you want to fly out and in case you don’t, the immigration will stop you! (Talk about an employer having control of your private life).

• HR is just an ornament – that vase in the corner that is there to make everything “look ok”.

This was by far the worst workplace I have ever set my foot on! If you choose to work for them, be warned that you are in for horrible times. If you are there, do yourself a favor! If you can leave!!!! There is life outside this dark place!
Pros
Pay / Schooling allowance if you have children.
Cons
Management is highly incompetent and Unethical.
Good work afterall
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Doha ,QatarJanuary 22, 2019
I will gain a lot of knowledge by working in qatar airways.I will come to know cultural of different community its just like challenge to work under pressure under the guidance of our superior.
Fun Environment
Sales and Retail (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 16, 2019
A good working environment if you are still starting in the business. Not something for long-term if you want to start a family life.

A good opportunity for single individuals who wants to travel and explore the world.
Lovely place to work and good facilities.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 12, 2019
I worked for 4 years in this company and I have learnt a lot from this company.
I enjoyed working here example the outlet i was working in, friendly staff but the only thing i was not satisfying was the salary “it was not sufficient”
Pros
Free accommodation, transportation and food
Cons
team work and being responsible
flight attendant (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 10, 2019
I had the opportunity to work with different nationalities and different cultures every day and to learn from them ; to be patient to be understanding to be aware and more sensitive .we had also a very approachable management that were their when needed and understandable , for me the hardest part was the time difference when we used to go for example to different continent but still we manage to go there and enjoy our free time as one family .
Growing company
SENIOR CABIN CREW (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 9, 2019
Very Good company, as cabin crew sometimes you will have very busy scheduled. Benefits is provide very impressive.
Working environment is multi culture.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
minimum rest
Goo6
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Doha, QAJanuary 8, 2019
It's a good place to work and live nice community and culture.
Will be a good place to learn about other people culture and language.
Needs to look at the school cost in the country
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Expensive education for the children
Best Employer to work for.
Supervisor Human Resources (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 8, 2019
Best employer to work for with all the benefits, good salary, all as per international labor law. Excellent working environment, helpful and cooperative management.Good working hours 0700-1500, best place live in.
Pros
Lot
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Airways. Our community is ready to answer.

Qatar Airways Reviews by Location