Qatar Airways Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Fantastic Life Experience
Al Maha Services Operations ( Senior AMS Hostess) (Former Employee) –  QatarJuly 10, 2018
Always Smile whatever it takes in the shift. Being a Positive person can create a good impression even if customers and passengers are difficult to handle; it is just part of an experience on how to handle different people in different areas and scenarios. My 6 years of staying with QR Airways will be a lifetime educational achievement as I accomplished a lot as a young professional employee.
Pros
Free staff tickets, free meal per shift etc.
Cons
Long working hours and less off days
MAAS Hostess (Al Maha Services) (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarNovember 5, 2017
Working for this company was an honour. I was always learning and the diverse culture made it that much more pleasant. The company made an effort to keep the staff motivated and regularly sent staff for courses.
Pros
Courses were paid for by the company
Fun work place.
Lounge senior hostess (Current Employee) –  DohaSeptember 2, 2017
It has been a privilege to work in a one of a prestigious company. Qatar airways is one of the most top most wonderful airline in the whole word. We are the number one top airline in the world. Working experience is good and i have learned so many things. Qatar airways makes me a better staff and molds me on how to become more confident in my field of expertise. Thankful to be a part of this company.
Exciting work environment
Hostess Al Maha (Former Employee) –  Doha QatarFebruary 4, 2017
Qatar Airways was an amazing company to work for. Exciting working environment and meeting people from all walks of life. Learning about different cultures and beliefs. Learning to interact with different nationalities and learning languages.
Pros
Staff travel benefits
Cons
Long working hours
Work life balance
Al Maha Senior Hostess (Former Employee) –  DohaJuly 22, 2016
Qatar Airways had been my company for the past 5 years. I have had enjoyed staying with them and have had enjoyed the traveling benefits.

The management should provide more value and assurance to their employees and show that they stand by them and make them feel supported since they / we are the ones who does the magic for the company. They should focus more on valuing loyal employees.
Pros
travelling benefits
Cons
no work life balance, no value for loyal employees and no support from the management
we celebrate multi cultural functions and birthdays
Ground Hostess (Current Employee) –  Doha-Hamad International AirportJuly 6, 2016
People in our organizations work together as one team. So, managers and employees always foster collaboration, trust, personal relationships, fun, and support. In an increasingly global and virtual environment, challenges for employees and managers will be to cultivate these personal relationships. Fostering friendships takes proactive effort.
Pros
free Lunch, dinner or breakfast one meal at the airport, nice accomadation with one room for each hostess/bonus for eid holidays
Cons
we working 10 hours 4 days and 8 hours one day and 2 days off
got the chance to meet people
Hostess (Current Employee) –  QatarApril 22, 2016
we are working 10 hrs a day.
meeting a lot of passengers.
good management but need more improvement
we are all girls department
walking all over the airport
Pros
free lunch
Amazing company
Senior Hostess Al Maha Services (Former Employee) –  DohaApril 20, 2016
Qatar Airways is the world best airline i have work with.
i was so happy in qatar airways .. have quit because .I got married and my husband is working in dubai ..
Pros
free lunch, accomodation, transport
Cons
overtime salry
discount in dutyfree for staff %
Hostess AMS (Current Employee) –  DohaMarch 15, 2014
Al Maha service is a premium meet and greet service for passengers ,
Al Maha passengers also enjoy the benefits of dedicated luxury lounges transport to and from the aircraft gate , priority immigration clearance and check in first class desk ( whatever class they are travelling ) we also happily deal with confirmation of all reservations and help with hotel and car hire booking
Pros
discount in duty free for staff 20% - discounted flights
Cons
short breaks
good for gaining experience.
Hostess Al Maha Servies (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWMarch 6, 2014
the hard part of the job is dealing with the busy time at the airport, to be able to assist passenger smoothly and they are satisfied. colleagues are very internationally.
fun work place
bellhost (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWFebruary 12, 2014
i working as a team work, per week 48 hours work, a day 10 hours duty, 2 days day off, i learned how to handle the passangers, in deferent situation,and team work,dispiline, my co workers are always suporting me, what ever situation theire with me,i always respect them,even my supervisor too,actualy i didnt fine any hardest part of the job,if meda passangers came sometyme it very hard time,bcz vry deficult to handle wheelchairs,
every year we have get to gether party, and anual sport meet, that we enjoyed,
Pros
every day porovide cornflaks and tea
Cons
max 40 min
professional work place
Hostess Foh (Current Employee) –  qatarSeptember 6, 2012
i learn a lot from Qatar Airways
you will provide the 5 star service and anticipate the guest needs
Pros
free tickets
The premium terminal for Qatar Airways first and business class passengers!
Host - Front of the house (Current Employee) –  Doha, QatarJune 24, 2012
I am responsible for assisting the premium passengers of Qatar Airways with inquiries regarding their flights, lost and found items, the loyalty program, handle complaints, assist them at the business center, nursery area and games room. The best thing about my job is that I love meeting different kinds of people from all over the world and this is the best place where I will have the chance to meet all of them.
Pros
with laundry allowance, transportation allowance and free accomodation