Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Host/Hostess14 reviews
Qatar14 reviews
Working with Qatar airways helps me build up my confidence and teaches me a lot of lesson working in a company with different nationality and cultures. I met a lot of friends from different country which until now we are still remained in contact. I also get to travel and see the world and learn a lot about life through these experiences.
Pros
Free and discounted travels
Working for this company was an honour. I was always learning and the diverse culture made it that much more pleasant. The company made an effort to keep the staff motivated and regularly sent staff for courses.
Pros
Courses were paid for by the company
Cons
It has been a privilege to work in a one of a prestigious company. Qatar airways is one of the most top most wonderful airline in the whole word. We are the number one top airline in the world. Working experience is good and i have learned so many things. Qatar airways makes me a better staff and molds me on how to become more confident in my field of expertise. Thankful to be a part of this company.
Qatar Airways was an amazing company to work for. Exciting working environment and meeting people from all walks of life. Learning about different cultures and beliefs. Learning to interact with different nationalities and learning languages.
Pros
Staff travel benefits
Cons
Long working hours
Qatar Airways had been my company for the past 5 years. I have had enjoyed staying with them and have had enjoyed the traveling benefits.

The management should provide more value and assurance to their employees and show that they stand by them and make them feel supported since they / we are the ones who does the magic for the company. They should focus more on valuing loyal employees.
Pros
travelling benefits
Cons
no work life balance, no value for loyal employees and no support from the management
People in our organizations work together as one team. So, managers and employees always foster collaboration, trust, personal relationships, fun, and support. In an increasingly global and virtual environment, challenges for employees and managers will be to cultivate these personal relationships. Fostering friendships takes proactive effort.
Pros
free Lunch, dinner or breakfast one meal at the airport, nice accomadation with one room for each hostess/bonus for eid holidays
Cons
we working 10 hours 4 days and 8 hours one day and 2 days off
we are working 10 hrs a day.
meeting a lot of passengers.

good management but need more improvement

we are all girls department

walking all over the airport
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Qatar Airways is the world best airline i have work with.
i was so happy in qatar airways .. have quit because .I got married and my husband is working in dubai ..
Pros
free lunch, accomodation, transport
Cons
overtime salry
Al Maha service is a premium meet and greet service for passengers ,
Al Maha passengers also enjoy the benefits of dedicated luxury lounges transport to and from the aircraft gate , priority immigration clearance and check in first class desk ( whatever class they are travelling ) we also happily deal with confirmation of all reservations and help with hotel and car hire booking
Pros
discount in duty free for staff 20% - discounted flights
Cons
short breaks
the hard part of the job is dealing with the busy time at the airport, to be able to assist passenger smoothly and they are satisfied. colleagues are very internationally.
i working as a team work, per week 48 hours work, a day 10 hours duty, 2 days day off, i learned how to handle the passangers, in deferent situation,and team work,dispiline, my co workers are always suporting me, what ever situation theire with me,i always respect them,even my supervisor too,actualy i didnt fine any hardest part of the job,if meda passangers came sometyme it very hard time,bcz vry deficult to handle wheelchairs,
every year we have get to gether party, and anual sport meet, that we enjoyed,
Pros
every day porovide cornflaks and tea
Cons
max 40 min
you will learn how to deal with other nationalities and their culture
i learn a lot from Qatar Airways
you will provide the 5 star service and anticipate the guest needs
Pros
free tickets
I am responsible for assisting the premium passengers of Qatar Airways with inquiries regarding their flights, lost and found items, the loyalty program, handle complaints, assist them at the business center, nursery area and games room. The best thing about my job is that I love meeting different kinds of people from all over the world and this is the best place where I will have the chance to meet all of them.
Pros
with laundry allowance, transportation allowance and free accomodation