Qatar Airways

Flight Attendant243 reviews
Qatar243 reviews

Found 243 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,212 reviews

The best job!

Its one of the best job in the world. You get to travel around the world and you get paid. You stay in 5 star hotels in all your lay overs.... the best!

Good money but no personal life

Only good thing about QR is money..Crew management really sucks and they try to control our personal life.Night curfew 4am-7am and min rest of 12hrs before each duty reagrdless wether its training or flights.

Pros

Very well paid..on time

Cons

Crew management sucks!!! No personal life

Go to different places while working

I enjoyed working as an FA in Qatar Airways. Everyday is a different one. The crew you will be working with in a day, you might never see or work with them again. Pay is reasonable before pandemic. There are just company rules that are restrictive, but I didn’t mind them personally. For others, it might feel too much. Really depends on the person.

Pros

See & experience different countries for free

Cons

Don’t join if you STRONGLY value your freedom

Glamorous lifestyle with terror management

I had an amazing 2 years working for the company because of my friends and seeing the world. Unfortunately, the company is very strict and the employees are working hard because of constant fear of getting reported or fired. Supervisors are often threatening staff to report them and you could be fired for non-work-related issues as well. Anyway, most of the rules they tell you during your interview so you know what you sign up for. I think it's a good experience and learning adventure for young people but definitely not a place to go for retirement.

Pros

modern planes, layovers, good money, staff travel, crew discounts

Cons

super strict management, constant fear of being reported and getting fired, high staff turnover

Stressful work, very high expectations

High expectations. Performance managers often treat cabin crew purely. Slow career progression. Positive: accommodation is provided, salary is quite good.

Pros

Salary, accommodation, employee discounts.

Cons

Night shifts, managers.

It was fun to work

Qatar airways is the best to work for. There were a lot of rules, but I still had fun working there. Some of the rules were really petty, but I still had a good time.

Company ruled by people from third world with reporting policy

Only Captains with experience have a decent salary, the rest of the employees are treated as a garbage. It is a company ruled by people from third countries, mostly from the Philippines and India. They report everything to the management because they are afraid to loose their jobs and they need to feed their families back home. Very few Europeans working there, and if so they are from East Europe, used to work for low salaries. Job is demanding and difficult, salaries are just average. Zero freedom.

Pros

free shared apartment, transport

Cons

reporting culture

Good

Amazing travel opportunties. Free living expenses. Diverse work force. Making friends from all around the world. Learning new skills. Living in the middle east

Pros

Travel

Cons

Being away from home

Staff are treated of all airlines the worst

I would never recommend anyone work for this airline. You have no job securiry there and will be thrown out in a heart beat. You’re personal life is on “company time” and their rules will infringe into your personal life.

Pros

Salary is average but you are not paid full duty hours unfortunately, travel

Cons

Treated poorly, unfair dismissal, no personal life, made to feel worthless

Pays well terrible management

If you enjoy working on a 1984 dystopian world this is for you. You'll be monitored entering and exiting your accommodation at all times. You will always looking over your shoulder for a colleague back stab. Any minor mistake might lead to contract termination

Pros

Travel, free acomodation, salary

Cons

toxic enviroment, 24/7 cctv monitor, lack of personal freedom or basic human rights, no personal life

I stayed just because I love flying...

-Company do not care about the employees...All the time we felt we are something that can be easily replaced.Most of the times when something happens, company blames for their employees. And easily terminates people.-Ticket benefit isn't that great compared to other airlines (flying on your own airline isn't that cheap)-It was good for saving money because accommodation is provided and the country was tax free! But... You have no option to stay outside of the company accommodation unless you live with your male family member (father or husband)

Pros

Tax free, accommodation is provided

Cons

bad management

Great working environment

A great place to workCompany offers huge amount of compensation and salaryFree travel and travel allowanceOffers career opportunities for career growth

It was like a dream to fly with the world's best airline.

overall the experience was good. The flight use to be long but was well managed in our rosters and we hardly had any changes at the last moment. Management is very supportive and always helpful.

Jetsetter life

If you want to have a jetsetter life for a few years, this is one of the companies you should work for. Housing and work transportation are provided, the only thing you need to worry about is your food. Management is so so, they have this gray area whether they'll allow you to stay in the company or not if you did something major. Culture is okay, you work with different people everyday so getting along is not that difficult since you probably won't see each other again.

Pros

free housing, free transportation, travel around the world

Cons

management

Qatat Airways Cabin Crew

Due to Corona-19 pandemic company conducted mass redundancies,so I got laid off. Company still conducting redundancies. A lot of staff lost their jobs

Pros

Traveling the world, flight discounts, free accommodation and transportation (pools, gym, uniform launder facilities), free meals on board, diversity, higher salary compared to other jobs within Qatar

Cons

Work life balance in Doha, no union, training, could be longer layovers, innate pressure in the environment, curfew, minimum rest rules and other rules that interfered with personal life

Don’t go there if you love your freedom

Worst place to work! From the manamentband supervisors.. everybody over there is out to get you. The ceo will fire you on the spot if he is having a bad bay! Recently lost a colleague due to a heart attack with the amount of stress he had to deal with

Excellent environment with high standards

It was like a dream comes true to work with the biggest Airlines of the World (QATAR AIRWAYS) with 5 star services and excellent standards and procedures. Staff was amazing and very comfortable and the most important thing their lifestyle and culture was too good.

Pros

Free Accommodation, Transportation, Ticket Benefits to family as well as friends, Layovers

Cons

Curfew and Minimum

A job that makes you see life more joyful

Work-based with professionalism, a friendly working environment, and highly motivational benefits.Being part of the company feels like a family that cares for your health and well-being.

Pros

free accommodation, transportation and discounts.

Great professional experience

Qatar Airways is a premium airline that has SOPs set in place. Training and development are given a lot of importance. You will develop professionally with Qatar Airways as long as you also have the drive to do things right and desire to continuously improve yourself. There is room for career growth as well.

Pros

Benefits, good compensation package

Cons

Some strict rules to be adhered to, as a part of the country’s laws too

Multicultural, fun, helpful stuff, organized company,above all respectful people.

I had worked for almost 3 years with Qatar airways. I had a really amazing experience and gained confidence in my self and my work. Qatar airways have many workers from different countries, I met different people from different countries also gain a special connection with people from different cultures and nationalities. I believe that It is really enjoyable when you work with different people who come from different places, because you share ideas and it's also fun to learn different things .last but not list Qatar airways staffs are the best people ever, they are really helpful when you need them . Am lucky to be part of the biggest airline in the world .

Pros

free breakfast in most hotels, visit beutiful places in the world.

Cons

Long hours flights, hot weather in Doha

Fun workplace

Good salary, good accommodations , strict culture and safe environment. I started as an F2 , got promoted well in time to F1. Its a great workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Airways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Qatar Airways Reviews by Location