Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant192 reviews
Qatar192 reviews
Fast-paced, stressful but rewarding.
What I like about this job is the unpredictability of your day, your roster for the month, and the multiculturally diverse people you work with. The workplace is hectic and you have to be well-equiped and up-to-date with your skills and knowledge concerning the service, emergency procedures, aircraft types, first aid and CPR, latest notices and memos prior to reporting to every flight duties. The hardest part about the job is you can't get to go home to your home country for the next 6 months unless QR flies there, you will experience bouts of homesickness which is normal. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people from different culture and learning from them as well as the passengers you have, and not to mention the perks of traveling to different destinations.
Good working environment
The company has given me a lot of opportunties. Working with them for almost 10 years was a good experience for growth both personal and professional. I learned to work with multi national culture employees and adjust to their culture (attitude in work and personal), I learned to handle challenging situations and I learned to be proactive and be genuine when it comes to dealing with people.
Amazing profession, terrible company atmosphere
It is what it is, modern slavery. But I loved the job itself, including plenty of traveling and the salary was good. The company, however, has a terrible idea of how things should go. They are trying to regulate every aspect of your life: be home by a certain time, be home 12 hrs before your flight, cannot stay over at friends'/partner's place overnight... just too many stupid rules.
Pros
discounted tickets
Cons
you are treated as an irresponsible child
Suspension
Due to the Coronavirus, my contract was suspended just as my training was about to start, throughout the whole process Qatar kept me updated with what was happening.
n/a
a five star airline, a cultural diversity work place and they are excellent in terms in service and awards by Skytrax.They provide your accommodation ,electric and water bill and accommodation too in outstation even a transportation going to the airport .They will give you a lots of benefits from the hotel booking , airline ticket, bars and restaurant.
Hardworking enviorment
The job takes a lot of energy but is worth it. You work from a shift list that is published every month. It is a strict company when it comes to safety, customer care and the rules and regulations. It is a multi cultural environment. It is long periods of time in the air, not a lot of sleep and a high maintenance job.
I enjoyed the different countries , the different people and cultures I got to learn from. I enjoyed how it made me to be more independent.
It was new and unacceptable journey in beginning but The way they trained crew is remarkable
I am proud of being qr ex crew.Best Airline in the world.They are black and white with rules and regulations.All of our trainings are amazing.Travel the world like a robot
good job and good life come along with rule and regulaton
QR always provides very nice accommodation for every crew. They all are based in Qatar. Flight pay and all benefit were great. We do all work hard to achieve those benefit.

Life is good if you can bear the strict rule and regulation, compare to what they company give back, it is quite worth it. Even this is the hardest part of working here

The most enjoyable part is working in multiculture environment especially helpful and happy crews will make your day amazing.
Pros
Good salary, nice accomodation
Cons
Strict strong rule and regulation
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Qatar Airways?
Worlds 5 star Airline
In Portugal I was not understood, and I could not understand the person that I was attempting to receive directions from, but at least the smile was a familiar comfort. As a flight attendant, the opportunity of constantly being in foreign countries, surrounded by different cultures and languages that I do not understand, has made me wonderfully aware that a smile means the same thing all over the world.
Most amazing experience i've ever had
The salary and benefits make it the best in this company. They give you the chance to see the world with travel benefits. Health insurance is covered all over the world. Working load is on the maximum but it has fun and friendly environment. It may be strict because of its countries laws and regulation but you can still have a life and work balance.
Amazing world class company both for its customers and employees.
I have learned a lot from this job. from first day of raining to this day we learn how deal with different challenges. Dealing with different people from all over the world on daily basis and embracing different cultures and learning the beauty of those cultures. picking up a few words from different languages makes it easier to make friends and communicate with new people from different places. It really is an amazing company with lots of care and compassion for both its customers and employees. Hardest part of the job is adopting to different time zones and dealing with jetlag but as the time goes by it gets easier to manage better somehow. Most enjoyable part if that we get to travel the world and cherish the beauty of each country, meet amazing people and hear their stories and learn about the very amazing things in their culture. I am so grateful that i could have had this experience and it has defiantly been on of the highlights of my life.
Toxic stay away
It appears as a glamorous job yes, there is travel yes, however the job itself is the most stressful you will ever do. I had a full-blown mental breakdown in-flight because we had so much pressure to do so much service in the allotted time before landing while the Cabin senior director and the cabin senior are yelling and screaming at all of us to hurry up.
Massive power trips with everyone abusing their status.

The CEO himself horrible-He fires people on the spot and same with the Managers who you have to deal with and they usually only contact you when there is a complaint on a flight and don't really care about your general wellbeing. They will fire you just because you come home late or because you sit in a taxi with someone of the opposite gender in the uniform. They are constantly recruiting because crew are always getting fired or they are resigning. There are also crew who go for flights and never show up for the flight, trying to escape the company. The middle east has NO HUMAN RIGHTS. BEWARE.
Base in Doha
Serving the airline has been a great opportunity. Flying was fun! Meet different people everyday. Far from homeland. Worth every minute of life changing experience.
Fear mongering workplace
Good for saving money but that's about it. Management make it difficult and you're constantly living in fear of being terminated for no good reason...
Traveling the world and getting paid
what can you say for a job will make you travel the world and get paid for it.

great experience that helped me alot in my day to day life. and made me who i am today
The best company I've ever worked for. Productive environment.
As a Cabin Crew, I've learned that safety and comfort of the passengers are very important. I've learned how to meet and assist the passengers as they board and exit. Demonstrating emergency equipment and safety procedures. Dealing with emergencies and administering first aid. Attending to passengers’ needs and demands such as serving meals, refreshments and in-flight entertainment. The culture of the company is very diverse but everyone treats each other fairly and professionally.
professional and fun at the same time
Overall healthy work environment with friendly and professional people. Respect for all and the perks and salary is great. Only drawback time spent with family is reduced.
good compensation
company is good, pay well, and take care of everything. get chance to work with multi nationalities. high standards and procedure. need to work hard..
Educational and recreational working environment
A little bit of pressure which is manageable. Multi-Cultural colleagues and best part you get to travel on the way.Hardships of the job is I need to be able to satisfy everyone in a particular way.
Very diverse and multicultural environment
Company's offering a diverse and interesting multicultural environment that helps you to develop in your personal skills and enhance your knowledge also.
Bad experience
They will take over your personal life till the limit u will have no one around you as everything is forbidden in there and with the curfew and the minimum rest u will have no time even to buy food to eat