Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Employee Reviews for Director

Director17 reviews
Qatar17 reviews
It gave me the chance to see the world, meet different kind of people from different walks of life.

Truly grateful for the job.

Just love what you are doing and stay positive at all times.
Working with Qatar Airways was a dream come true. It was a fast-paced and dynamic lifestyle that didn't come with regular offs or work-life balance. Being a part of the international aviation industry, you had to be on your toes about politics, weather, latest developments, etc. Regular training was also part of the job function, from customer service to safety, first aid to dangerous goods, cultural and emotional intelligence and as leaders, effective leadership, conflict management among a plethora of other things that we had to know about. It was a place for one to grow and learn and opportunities were there for those who wanted to go out and grab them.
First few years working with QR was very rewarding. I had the privilege to travel the world and see places I can only dream of. The downside of this job is, it is not for the faint of heart. You will be relocated to Doha, Qatar as your work base, and you have to adapt and respect the norms of the country as an Islamic nation. In addition, the workplace tends to be stressful and demanding, it can take a toll on you mentally, physically and emotionally.
A company with discipline , A true place to learn what customer service means. A company where your confident grows to get you to the next level.
AS a crew, most enjoyable is to visit different places and meet different people.
A rapidly expanding company that is multi-awarded for its excellence in the aviation service industry. It has a diversity of people from different cultures that gives an individual the space to grow as a person and in their careers.
The best place to work and enjoy
Professional staff and environment

Well paid on time salaries with amazing benefits

A growing company to grow with under the vision of the company
Working with qatarairways was an absolute pleasure
Discipline is the number 1 key factor for QR

Qatarairways has it's own rules and regulations for the safe guard of their customers
Working in a multi cultural , and multinational company is an amazing experience .
Traveling the world while getting paid for it was the best part .

You can adapt to all types of people easily.
Qatar Airways is a company that certainly do not believe in treating people fairly or for that matter treating them like people. Management are not competent and insult and degrade their employees. My colleagues were awesome but management was grossly incompetent.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Qatar Airways?
As a flight attendant, you get to work to travel and when you are in the layover, you have your own free time so it is like a paid vacation.

You stay in 4-5 star hotels so basically your hotel is already paid for and your expense will just be your food and transportation.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
different working hours
Your hard work is paid. If you do your job as per the company guidelines you are recognised.Good salary.
Most important you are working with the World's best airline.
Pros
Honour of working with a five star airline.
Cons
Busy rosters at times.
-A airline which had reached hieghts in a less span of time.
-Cares for its employees.

-Tremendous growth within the company.

-Approachable management.
Pros
Pay Package as cabin crew
Cons
Lesser pay package for a ground job
Qatar Airways is one of the top 5 airlines in the world. Working for Qatar Airways has been a fulfilling experience.

Every day was different. Different destinations, managing a multicultural team of cabin crew and customers from all over the world.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to fulfill customer request due to onboard restrictions.

The most enjoyable pet of the job was meeting no less than 10 different nationalities per day and learning about other cultures.
Pros
Travel benefits, rewarding salary
Cons
Great place to work at with great opportunities to learn. Great colleagues and co workers and the company always goes out of its way to help the employees
Employees are trained to perform a the highest level of excellence.Management assured that the employees were always prepared and equipped with the proper tools and skills to preform at the expected standards. They made us proud to work for the organization. My co-workers are some of the best quality of people that were carefully selected to ensure that the company's first class status is maintained. The most enjoyable part of the job was travelling to exotic locations and staying at first class accommodations.
Pros
Travel, discounted tickets
Cons
The altitude and pressurized cabin is hard on the system
As a flight attendant, above all the other jobs I have enjoyed just as much, I realized the importance of exposure to different cultures, nationalities, religions and customs. As a typical day at work, I would consider only the SOP's that we had to follow, other than that everything else was different. Flying every day with new crew, with new aircrafts, with people that you didn't know and who you can only profile while boarding, working in all passenger cabins as economy class crew, continuing to business class and first class, gave me the chance to understand the human nature better than before. As leader/supervisor for the aircraft, I fully understood the importance of my presence on board, most of the times for the decisions I had to take, nonetheless with legal implications. It's a wonderful job that I've performed for almost 8 years and I'll be glad to take new opportunities for future in the same field.
Pros
Professional satisfaction and personal discipline
Cons
A great job, lots to learn, good money, etc.

Multinational environment,.

Learned different personalities, cultures, leadership, management, etc.
Pros
See the worked & get paid for it.
Cons
Compromise your social life.