Qatar Airways Employee Reviews

A good place to see the world and save some money.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  DohaFebruary 13, 2019
The main plus is the chance to travel world wide in several international destinations.
Also we as cabin crew benefit of free accommodation and transportation to and from airport to base.
The company offers private medical insurance and a good salary.
Pros
Medical insurance, good salary, free accomodation, free training
Cons
Productive and fun work place . Learnt diversity .
Cabin Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DohaFebruary 1, 2019
Qatar Airways is a 5 star airline . I worked as a cbin supervisor and learnt a lot . This organisation provided me good salary , life time experience of exploring the world , working in multiculture enviornment and leaning customers expectations from a global brand .
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Fatigue ( travelling through time zones ) .
5 star airline
cabin crew (Former Employee) –  Doha Base,Worldwide travelJanuary 23, 2019
Award winning five star airline.Fun and very active , very interesting job.I really like the benefits and attractive salary.I have learned lot of things,How to deal with medical emergencies,Diagnose patients.Take care of people's safety and security.Safety procedures are very standard . Service is 5 star .It made me more happy to give a clean hot meal tray and see their smile.And I have taken care of mother with infants.Customers with medical background were taken care. I obtained Oxygen bottle and administrated immediate first aid to the fainted customers..And There is a series of things to continue.I was talking to every person with a smile.
Pros
Transport and onboard food provided .Accomadations and medical facilities provided.
Cons
Body clock changes due to traveling various time zones
gran ambiente laboral, gran experiencia de trabajar con gente de todas partes del mundo y aprender de cada una de sus culturas
Auxiliar de vuelo (Former Employee) –  Doha, QAJanuary 22, 2019
lejos la mejor experiencia ser parte de una empresa consolidada en su área y ser parte de un equipo de trabajo diverso y variado en cuanto a equipos de trabajos conformado por gente de todo el mundo, experiencia única vivir en una cultura tan diferente a la occidental y aun así se vive el respeto a cada una de los empleados independiente de su religión o idioma
Pros
seguro medico pasajes gratis aereos
Cons
falta de legislación laboral horas de descanso
Do not go there! Worst workplace ever !!! You have been warned!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Qatar - DohaJanuary 22, 2019
This was by far the worst workplace I have ever set my foot on!

• Most of higher management is highly incompetent and lacks descent education.

• The company is highly bureaucratic. Everything is on paper and requires the “chief’s” signature.

• The company is managed by fear from top to bottom. No staff wants to be in the HQ lifts around 7AM as the risk of loosing your job increases considerably, since the “chief” (yes you have to call him this!) may see you and dislike your looks, the way you did your tie, your haircut, the color of your hair, and next thing you know is that you are fired.

• Be ready to have your private life’s privileges removed from you, depending on which department you work (the case for the great majority of the employees).

• The company HR policies were only available to HR managers. As a staff you really don’t know what the HR polices are.

• The company is run in a state of “total chaos” with highly unethical work practices for modern times. Work processes are as archaic as it can get.

• If you venture working at airports, crew scheduling or in flight services, be ready to work with a Qatar Airways icon. Mr. SK. (AKA “the dog”) This man is a slave that was put in a high position by the Chief himself. He will do literally anything to please his master and maintain his job (since he cant go anywhere else but back to his own country or stay in Qatar).

• The company will advertise to you that housing you will be provided is amazing; that the country is beautiful, civilized and with an enviable infra structure, a truly developed
  more... country’s picture. BE WARNED! It is absolutely the opposite of it!

• Some of my friends were stewardess – they had the worst life ever despite the photos we see on their social media. When in Doha they rarely can leave home. The excuse given by the company us that this is for them to take rest before flights/work. The issue is, even on their days off they had to be at home.

• If you want to get married as a stewardess you MUST ask permission and you are fired if you get pregnant (rules in 2019).

• Once you signed a contract and have a working permit/visa, you will ONLY be allowed to exit the country if you are permitted to by Qatar Airways, regardless whether you have your passport with you or not. You need to ask permission every single time you want to fly out and in case you don’t, the immigration will stop you! (Talk about an employer having control of your private life).

• HR is just an ornament – that vase in the corner that is there to make everything “look ok”.

This was by far the worst workplace I have ever set my foot on! If you choose to work for them, be warned that you are in for horrible times. If you are there, do yourself a favor! If you can leave!!!! There is life outside this dark place!
Pros
Pay / Schooling allowance if you have children.
Cons
Management is highly incompetent and Unethical.
Good work afterall
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Doha ,QatarJanuary 22, 2019
I will gain a lot of knowledge by working in qatar airways.I will come to know cultural of different community its just like challenge to work under pressure under the guidance of our superior.
Fun Environment
Sales and Retail (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 16, 2019
A good working environment if you are still starting in the business. Not something for long-term if you want to start a family life.

A good opportunity for single individuals who wants to travel and explore the world.
Lovely place to work and good facilities.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 12, 2019
I worked for 4 years in this company and I have learnt a lot from this company.
I enjoyed working here example the outlet i was working in, friendly staff but the only thing i was not satisfying was the salary “it was not sufficient”
Pros
Free accommodation, transportation and food
Cons
team work and being responsible
flight attendant (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 10, 2019
I had the opportunity to work with different nationalities and different cultures every day and to learn from them ; to be patient to be understanding to be aware and more sensitive .we had also a very approachable management that were their when needed and understandable , for me the hardest part was the time difference when we used to go for example to different continent but still we manage to go there and enjoy our free time as one family .
Growing company
SENIOR CABIN CREW (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 9, 2019
Very Good company, as cabin crew sometimes you will have very busy scheduled. Benefits is provide very impressive.
Working environment is multi culture.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
minimum rest
Goo6
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Doha, QAJanuary 8, 2019
It's a good place to work and live nice community and culture.
Will be a good place to learn about other people culture and language.
Needs to look at the school cost in the country
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Expensive education for the children
Best Employer to work for.
Supervisor Human Resources (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 8, 2019
Best employer to work for with all the benefits, good salary, all as per international labor law. Excellent working environment, helpful and cooperative management.Good working hours 0700-1500, best place live in.
Pros
Lot
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Doha QatarJanuary 7, 2019
The experience with the company has been rewarding, I learned tolerance, patience and my understanding has indeed matured in many ways regarding the service culture.
Pros
Free airfare
Cons
Away from family
Aviation industry is a great place to work
cabin senior (Former Employee) –  QatarJanuary 7, 2019
The day looks hectic and when you actually start it, you just get so involved and you will forget the stress involved.
Everyday is a new day working in that company and everyday you can learn something new.
Mixed culture environment is the most important advantage as you can learn and practise different techniques according to their culture.
Excellent company to grow with
Al Maha Hostess (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 6, 2019
Working with Qatar airways helps me build up my confidence and teaches me a lot of lesson working in a company with different nationality and cultures. I met a lot of friends from different country which until now we are still remained in contact. I also get to travel and see the world and learn a lot about life through these experiences.
Pros
Free and discounted travels
vyborna zkusenost
letuška (Former Employee) –  Doha, KatarJanuary 5, 2019
Prace u 5-hvezdickove spolecnosti s prisnymi pravidly a orientaci na spickovy vykon je vyborna zkusenost a skvely start pro mlade lidi. Tato prace vam da vic, nez jakakoli jina - moznost cestovani a poznavani jinych kultur se skvelym financnim ohodnocenim. Za vsechny vyhody, ktere vam spolecnost poskytne se take ocekava dodrzovani prisnych pravidel, jejich nedorzeni se tresta vyhazovem.
Pros
letenky az s 90% slevou pro rodinu a pratele, slevy v obchodech a restauracich, pojisteni, pekne ubytovani jak v Doze, tak v hotelich po svete atd.
Cons
je jich spousta, mimojine 12 hodinovy minimalni odpocinek, male chyby se trestaji, prisna pravidla na palube, apod.
Productive and fair treatment
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  DohaJanuary 4, 2019
Salary is good and the staff is very fair toward each other. No seniority aspects towards fellow co- worker. You just have to be careful of curfew and flight schedules, And overall it's a good company and high end company.
Pros
Free accommodation, hotel during layover and food allowance during lay-over, free transportation.
Cons
None so far
Trabajo perfecto
Flight Attendant / Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  doha qatarJanuary 3, 2019
-conocer el mundo
-trabajar con diferentes peronas del todo el mundo te da la optumidad de culturisarte
-team work
-atencion al cliente
conocmiento de aviones
Pros
seguro medico viajes
Provides you with a learning experience and treatsevery individual at par.
Cabin Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DohaDecember 29, 2018
I loved the working environment. The rules are same for every working in different parts of the management. All the rules are mentioned in the contract letter so there is no ambiguity with regards to the same.
Exceptional working experience
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  QatarDecember 25, 2018
Exceptional place to work with numerous benefits. A working place with opportunities for career advancement and progression. Diverse workplace where you best understand international differences and, at the same time, respect individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Airways. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2