Qatalum

Qatalum Employee Reviews

Qatar37 reviews
This organization is competitive to all the employees, it's an extraordinary place we can learn how the Aluminium metal makes as a product on the global market and how Qatalum strives on the market.
Pros
Low lunch price
Cons
Excellent break
Qatalum's vision and values are well defined and understood by all its employees. Focused management ensure that its principles are executed in an organized manner, adhering to legislation and best practice to the benefit of its shareholders and employees.
Pros
Easy liaison with all levels of management and the motivated attempt to continuos improvement
Cons
Healthcare, Expat Training, Alignment of remuniration
Working at Qatalum is a great opportunity, you freely work in a friendly environment with positive encourage of your management.
Pros
Free work style
Cons
Job Security
Qatalum is a multinational company with approximately 42 nationalities working, working timing is very good. Good Company to work on a Family Status. Challenging works.
Pros
Subsidized lunch, Family Status
Cons
No CONS
Qatalum offers good salary and benefits to its employees but the lay offs and attrition rates are high. Politics in this company is high. Some managers are really good and very supportive.
Pros
Godd salary
Cons
work politics is high
Management dedication to Safety. we had zero tolerance for safety related issues. Excellent safety team. Coordinating jobs between Contractors.
Pros
House Keeping, Free Lunch
Cons
Traffic
its a best company in my life and this is my dream job but unfortunately i have leave this company because of my family problem.
Pros
free lunch, free transportation, yearly bonus
Cons
12 hours duty time
Had to do all fire inspection,standby at Confined space and Hotwork operations.Do Fire and Emergency Drills.

Daily Safty and inspection reports and se that vechiles and Equipment in good working order,
Pros
Free Lunch Vouchers
Cons
N/a
Preventative maintenance on casting machines, billet casters, furnaces, fluxing stations and cooling water plant.
Safety orientated with team work.

Mostly hired contractors

Train un skilled labor

Learn new challenges every day
working time. 7am to 7pm. ive learned about most of the Technical Skills, how to solve the problems. co-workers are coordinated with the management how to follow the rule of safety and environment HSE. the hardest part is the time of removing parts and replace a new parts and assembled. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you finished one by one of your job order until it will done.
I love Thursday because it is a day that we release our equipment from one week of preventive maintenance in our workshop.
And we are happy specially if the production appreciate our job. I learned how the job was done right with the support of the management. I enjoy also working with my colleagues because of knowledge sharing and jokes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Called out even not on standby when there is breakdown.
Driving different kinds of Cranes & Trucks.

• Have a proven ability to work effectively in a team with people from different cultures & Nationalities.

• A quick learner & an energetic self-starter with excellent analytical and creative skills.
One of the finest company i worked.A good experience for me.I have learned a lot from this company.The management was always helpfull.Good colleges.
Working for an aluminium industry is very challenging due to the volatile market. Therefore, finding ways on improving in every aspect of the business is needed.

The company preaches continuous improvement, which has given me an opportunity to embrace this fully. After achieving improvements in some areas, I try to see other ways on to improve other areas.

Since the company is a multi-national company with personnel coming from various countries all over the world, the appreciation and understanding of the various work cultures is embraced here daily.
Actually i am working in Technical Department, I have a experience for Format all Software and Hardware related jobs.
Learned to work with different culture from the globe
Hardest part of the work is the weather in the middle east and the challenges coming from this
Working in Qatar Aluminium was a challenging and pleasant experience. I gained immense knowledge after working in a start up phase of an aluminium smelter. We had 250 employees from over 14 countries in our Department (Carbon Plant) and an overall of one thousand employees of 35 nationalities in the whole plant.
Pros
working with people from different cultures
Cons
amazing buffet at lunch which was difficult to resist.