Qatalum

Qatalum Employee Reviews

werehouse
the company first preference is employ safety and caring .
the company is maintain the stranded.

all employs are very enjoying with work .good company.
Multinational company with great working environment
Qatalum is a multinational company with approximately 42 nationalities working, working timing is very good. Good Company to work on a Family Status. Challenging works.
Pros
Subsidized lunch, Family Status
Cons
No CONS
Good salary and benefits
Qatalum offers good salary and benefits to its employees but the lay offs and attrition rates are high. Politics in this company is high. Some managers are really good and very supportive.
Pros
Godd salary
Cons
work politics is high
Excellent Place to work
Management dedication to Safety. we had zero tolerance for safety related issues. Excellent safety team. Coordinating jobs between Contractors.
Pros
House Keeping, Free Lunch
Cons
Traffic
very good work place
its a best company in my life and this is my dream job but unfortunately i have leave this company because of my family problem.
Pros
free lunch, free transportation, yearly bonus
Cons
12 hours duty time
Fire and Rescue Operations
Had to do all fire inspection,standby at Confined space and Hotwork operations.Do Fire and Emergency Drills.

Daily Safty and inspection reports and se that vechiles and Equipment in good working order,
Pros
Free Lunch Vouchers
Cons
N/a
Qatalum Casthouse
Preventative maintenance on casting machines, billet casters, furnaces, fluxing stations and cooling water plant.
Safety orientated with team work.

Mostly hired contractors

Train un skilled labor

Learn new challenges every day
Learning and skills
working time. 7am to 7pm. ive learned about most of the Technical Skills, how to solve the problems. co-workers are coordinated with the management how to follow the rule of safety and environment HSE. the hardest part is the time of removing parts and replace a new parts and assembled. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you finished one by one of your job order until it will done.
Multicultural company, work with friendly people.
I love Thursday because it is a day that we release our equipment from one week of preventive maintenance in our workshop.
And we are happy specially if the production appreciate our job. I learned how the job was done right with the support of the management. I enjoy also working with my colleagues because of knowledge sharing and jokes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Called out even not on standby when there is breakdown.
Good experience.
One of the finest company i worked.A good experience for me.I have learned a lot from this company.The management was always helpfull.Good colleges.
Diversified and challenging work environment
Working for an aluminium industry is very challenging due to the volatile market. Therefore, finding ways on improving in every aspect of the business is needed.

The company preaches continuous improvement, which has given me an opportunity to embrace this fully. After achieving improvements in some areas, I try to see other ways on to improve other areas.

Since the company is a multi-national company with personnel coming from various countries all over the world, the appreciation and understanding of the various work cultures is embraced here daily.
Computer Engineering
Actually i am working in Technical Department, I have a experience for Format all Software and Hardware related jobs.
Productive and challenging
Learned to work with different culture from the globe
Hardest part of the work is the weather in the middle east and the challenges coming from this
Review
Working in Qatar Aluminium was a challenging and pleasant experience. I gained immense knowledge after working in a start up phase of an aluminium smelter. We had 250 employees from over 14 countries in our Department (Carbon Plant) and an overall of one thousand employees of 35 nationalities in the whole plant.
Pros
working with people from different cultures
Cons
amazing buffet at lunch which was difficult to resist.