Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,684 reviews

Did not Work for Northrop Grumman

I did not work for Northrop Grumman...it was a contract under my leadership that took care of security elements. These elements included processing badges, weapon accountability, and program management.

Just ok

Coworkers are great. Management has their favorites and gives little support or acknowledgment to the rest. Raises are small. Advancement is at manager’s discretion so, again, you better be a favorite.

Good company

No complaints working there. Would still be there if they hadn't lost the contract. Management was decent and benefits pretty standard for a government contract.

Flexible, Opposite of Toxic

Hours are pretty flexible as long as you get your work done and honestly get your hours in. Very good experience with managers and co-workers. Emotional intelligence is high and and I'm not finding many experiences of toxicity

Management is not good

Used to be good. Now due to change in Management, the culture is not good. Good leaders have been sidelined and there is a coterie. They only want to listen to what they need to hear

Pros

Reputed company

Cons

Long hours No support from Managers

Laid back work place with some management issues

Work culture and scope vary significantly by team, so be sure you know which team you're getting on before you commit. Low stress and good work-life balance. There appears to be disconnect between each management's understanding and reporting of metrics compared to what is happening on the ground level across the full company. Be sure to be vocal so management has a transparent idea of what you're accomplishing.

Incredible Technical Mentorship and Growth Opportunities

Northrop does a fantastic job of giving anyone the opportunity to pickup responsibility. The culture generally rewards those with high performing capabilities, and will often push for you to get promoted despite not hitting length requriements for the next level set by HR. If you work hard, it's notived and you can move up quickly in both a technical and managerial route.

Pros

People who care about you

Cons

Lots of work behind closed areas, so you need many SAPs & Clearances

It pays the bills

i have worked for the company for going on 6 years now and while it's been on the downward spiral it still has paid my bills for many years now, so the work is consistent.

Stability but upward mobility lacks

Overall stability is amazing. However, role requires minimum creativity and upward mobility is only for a select few. Leadership visibility can also be improved. Managers do not have the ability to implement significant changes.

Overall, I would recommend

I had a very positive experience at NG starting as a level 2 design engineer. Good management, exciting work, lots to learn. It was a fast paced environment but that's fairly typical for aerospace. I would work for NG again.

What is the best part of working at the company?Ample career growth opportunities.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Daily tight turn deadlines for ad-Hoc tasks.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Inclusive. Military minded. End customer focused. Business growth portfolio focused.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Meetings. Ad-hoc tasks. In depth analysis. Management.

Program Manager

After a few years as a PM in two different sectors I've realized there is no hope for stability and career growth. Everyday is complete chaos and it shouldn't be. We need strong leadership to purge poor performing Directors and above and commit to accountability from the top down. PM 101.

Decent place to work.

I enjoyed my 5 years at NGC. Just like most companies, there’s always room for improvement. For the most part I had no major issues. My coworkers were awesome and we all got a long well. A lot of Military veterans in the company which I enjoyed.

Good

I haven't started working yet but I believe this will be a fun place to work. I hope the work life balance is good. The pay seems alright but considering it is California it may be low.

What is the best part of working at the company?They expect the best and hire well. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Politics. But if you do your job you'll be fine. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Upscale, well funded, no bs.

Meaningful and fun work

Working here as an intern allows you to participate in very meaningful work. You are appreciated by your team and will be given guidance and helpful feedback. Questions are encouraged by team members and management and executives are more than happy to sit down with you for a chat if you ask nicely. You are encouraged to innovate and share ideas and you will be credited for your work. Deadlines are crucial but you will be expected to get things done without someone standing over your shoulder.

Pros

Mentor program, free swag, friendly workspace

Cons

High pressure environment, mistakes can be costly.

What is the best part of working at the company?Longevity, team atmosphere, salaryWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Sometimes schedule driven extended hours and delivery commitmentsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Balanced, accepting, transparent work environtmentWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Be prepared to stay on task all day, make commitments and work with teams

Good for Job Security & 401(k) - Intern Pay Comparatively Low

Job can be slow at times but the job security is a plus. Intern pay comparatively low against similar roles in other industries. The pay progression for returning interns is ~$2/hr increase. A rising senior in college is paid more than a returning junior. Great 401(k) matching.

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexible work schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Inexperience management and favoritism What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Poor if you are not a favorite you don’t go no where within What is a typical day like for you at the company?Work hard to do best

Engaging and dynamic environment with very supportive team

I had a manager and team that were extremely supportive and willing to do what was necessary to meet customer demands. My years at NG were very educational.

Fun coworkers, Iffy Management

Depending on what team your on, your experience will defer. My team was a bunch of vets so we all got along great. Ive seen to many times were kids fresh out of college think they are better than you just because they have a degree, and management caters to them. Health benifit's are subpar just like with any government contractor. Fun place overall, good work home balance.

Pros

Gym onsite, good facilities.

Cons

Healthcare, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Northrop Grumman
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?