Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Employee Reviews

Great company to work for

Langan as a great company to work for. They compensated well with overtime, comp time, and benefits. Only left because I wanted to pursue a career in something else.

Pros

Great benefits, pay, overtime, etc

Cons

An engineering firm was just not the right place for me

Great work life balance

Depending what team you work for it Can be a great experience. I love my team and my boss. Health Benefits are average. If you need time off they are very flexible.

Fast-paced and cool projects, but work-life balance is dodgy

Unless work is your life, I would advise to think carefully before thinking about joining this company. The company is fast paced and often really puts the client first in front of anyone else. Fifty hour weeks are not uncommon here and at the staff level you may be stuck doing rather mundane tasks. Career progression is also a bit slow for most.

Good company, lots of benefits

I’ve met some of the most talented people ever during my time at Langan. It's also given me the opportunity for both lateral and upward career development.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Exciting projects but can be stressful at times

Get to work on exciting projects but the consulting industry can be stressful at times. You have to make sure you’re billable at all times and have to work within budgets

Pros

Exciting projects

Cons

Stressful work

Good place to work! Lots of projects

My time at Langan was very good. There very plenty of work and you would stay busy always. Benefits were great and overtime is considered. Good work life balance.

Many opportunities to grow

I have worked at Langan since I graduated college and never looked back. In my time at Langan, the company has grown tremendously which means many opportunities to find your niche and grow with the firm. High expectations and demanding, fast-paced work environment that are matched by generous compensation and a great company culture that continues to get even better.

Overall a productive place with great culture and people to work with.

Great company culture with great people to work with. There is many learning opportunities. I find it hard to get work sometimes when work slow down which is normal. Growth can be slow as there doesnt seem to be a proper training program.

Typical Workplace

Working on high profile projects but compensation is low and not great work-life balance. Management can be good and there are a lot of diversity initiatives - but not much action.

Excellent company and perks

Work life balance lacks for field employees, often disconnect between field and management. You’ll work long hours without recognition for them. Culture is good.

Great to get a lot of field experience in a short time, bad for work life balance

If you are field staff be prepared to work 60+ hours per week in rough conditions. The job can be physically demanding but it is also often just watching construction which gets very dull. That being said you will work with a lot of really smart, experienced professionals and there are a lot of perks for working in the company. If you are looking for a lot of field experience this is the company to get it.

Pros

Great perks

Cons

overworked

Productive and Team oriented work

Langan engineering and environmental services is a great company to work for. As an engineering employee i feel as though my job role is imperative to daily functions of the company. Good people, good work.

Exposed me to high quality work, big clients/projects, and experienced professionals

From day one I felt like part of the team, and set out to learn everything I could. Through Langan I had the opportunity to see many types of project sites, work with cutting edge technologies, and overall pretty laid back and fun people. My one critique was that I felt there wasn't much opportunity for field personnel to learn new skills unless you happened to be sent on the right jobs... even then it was, 'go there, do this.' I left in order to pursue a career change, if I were still surveying I would be gladly working for Langan. (And helping to improve the field technician training system)

Overall solid work place

Little micromanagementGreat officeMost everyone is professional and respectfulHours can be tiring at times.Arguably the best coworkers I have ever had.

Horrible times

You will have horrible times when you are working with LANGAN. Working a lot every week more than 50 hours, no compensation, no vacation, you will work at the weekend as well with no benefits. Traveling a lot to everywhere from Virginia to Florida, New York and vice versa. Managers are so rude and disrespectful to you and your beliefs, thoughts and idea.

Pros

You have a job

Cons

Working hard with no respect and benefits at all

Excellent management

I have outstanding managers.One of the best places to work. It is definitely the place to move up the corporate ladder. I Of course like any job nothing is 100% perfect but it comes close.

Good people, but horrible work hours and culture

Company projects were fairly interesting and a few of the middle management were encouraging and passionate about the work.However, management definitely harped on brand new college graduates to take on grueling hours, low pay, and had very little guidance to help new engineers. Competition amongst peers and managers was pretty cut-throat. Work was very much numbers driven, with high productivity needed for the company's bottom line.Company culture was very much doing things solo. Other peers don't talk to one another, and there is almost no cross-training with other groups. It never felt like you were a part of a 'team'.Management themselves had no clear sense of direction for staff, throwing them from small tasks to giant projects very quickly.Overall, I would only suggest to work here for a year or two, before moving on to a company that really values its employees.

Pros

Interesting projects, good middle management

Cons

Company culture and pride is non-existent, Managers didn't manage well, Peers didn't speak with one another, No cross-training, Promotion seemed futile unless you put in a number of years

Stressful and staff employees ideas and needs are not adhered to by management

The good is that you get to work on a broad range of projects and are able to get experience across the board. The bad is that the demand on the employee can be overwhelming and management often lack clear direction.

Pros

broad range of projects, benefits

Cons

micro management, long work hours

I enjoyed my time there. I would recommend them to anyone I know. The company takes good care of their employees. Lots of work most of the time to keep people busy

friendly people

Langan has a great management team that is knowledgeable friendly and flexible. I have built a long term relationship with the team and look forward in the future to continue my career with them

Productive company with great growth.

I came into Langan right out of college with an eagerness and willing to learn. I was quickly transitioned into a wonderful place to work providing so many opportunities and challenges.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?