KPMG

KPMG Employee Reviews

Qatar26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,275 reviews

productive and job statisfaction

Have worked with KPMG for many years and its ia noce place to work but its not ver global . Also growth is slow , but you get a lot of autoonmy in working as a consultant

Average place to work in

Too much work pressure, no work like balance, no appreciation, culture is fine. Pay is very little in comparison to industry. You learn a lot, some good people.

Culture wise KPMG is a good place to work however in terms of compensation, work life balance it is not up to the mark in comparison to other Big Fours.

The company has an all inclusive environment with management taking keen interest in the overall grooming and quality experience for its employees. Overall a great place to work!

Productive and learning environment , with growth prospect.

- Enjoy a challenging career and get the most from personal lives. - Responsible and positive culture that extends beyond into the greater business, social and natural environment. - Encourages personal development and work-life balance - Learning culture - hard work culture to meet deadlines during the audit season - MNC culture in terms of management , workplace, etc

Good

It was wonderful experience in my life. I have worked with vouching, casting, cross referencing, depreciation calculations . I assist auditors full time

Very good exposure

I have got very good exposure since i have joined the firm on September 2016, i ahev been gone through different assignments starting with the Rsk Assessment at the capital projects, and seting Internal Control Mnaual in compliance with COSO framework, setting Strategic Internal Audit plan for different Companies.

Average

- Good place to work in terms of work life balance - In terms of learning and growth not really good at providing opportunities - Financial not competitive among other big four firms

hectic schedule

During my tenure in KPMG Qatar, i noticed a hectic schedule and underpayment in salary. There is no concept of overtime payment. Furthermore, during the audit season, KPMG is highly understaffed and are working under a lot of stress. Moreover, the higher management is racially biased on promoting the officers.

Cons

long hours, hectic schedule, less pay

Good Experience

KPMG is one of the best places to start your career and lay the foundation of your future progress, you get exposure to a lot of areas and gain experience through a well structured process.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KPMG?

Peer group tends to be etnicity based

Not as diverse as it touts to be. Smaller groups og individual nationalities remain dominant. Extreme level of office politics in certain verticals, mostly among Indians. Work life balance goes for a toss.

Pros

Great brand

Cons

Extreme work life balance, bad local economy of qatar has impact on the company's reserves

Productive and Fun

I usually start my day by checking my to do list, reviewing emails and responding, following up for outstanding payment. I continue to review my client list to check all the outstanding tax filings. I also do withholding tax during the day and file the withholding tax online. Throughout the day I am available to my clients to answer all the of their questions, providing short information or advice they may require.

Pros

We became a family

Good to work for

Work is rewarding but long hours on daily basis. Very culturally diverse and easy going culture not cut throat as other big 4 providers. Must try on your own to get a feeling of the working culture.

Pros

good name

Cons

Life experience but not the best place to work

* Work experience is great. * Keep on learning everyday new things. * Uncomfortable environment. * Salaries are low comparing other big four companies. * COULD BE BETTER.

Work life balance must improve and management must pay well.

Working at KPMG is a mix. There are some fun social events and recognition as well but these depend upon your immediate boss and department partner. Overall work life balance must improve and management must pay well.

Great place to work with good career progression. Great work culture and good management. Team work is given utmost importance i and like to work in that kind of work environment.

Pros

Lunches

Cons

Long Hours

A learning curve for me!

whilst working as an audit assistant at KPMG, I had hands on learning to much of the audit processes carried out in many FMCG'S. though tough at first, I gradually came to learn the audit process learning both the Compliance and Statutory Testing Techniques. Auditing Financial Statements and the different ledgers were vexing at times, and seemed rather boring and repetitive at times. the job done on time. But it was a whole new learning experience for me and team members though polite and courteous were at time quite strict in getting the job done within a scheduled time.

Pros

A pleasant learning atmosphere

Cons

Seniors quite strict, rigid at times.

Rapid growth

Despite the long hours and low salary, KPMG has been an experience that I will always remember positively. There is a true sense of a team or rather a family. Every person is willing to give each other some time to help. When I joined as a fresh graduate, I saw a group of people who only see the potential in me and try to help me realize it. I love KPMG.

Pros

flexible hours, Team work, Friendly

Cons

low salary, long working hours

Productive and a learning place for finance professionals

There are like long working hours and a hectic schedule even we need to work on weekends mostly. The salary package compensating such long hours is not equivalent. Although the learning is immense and a professional looking to groom himself / herself should join.

Productive and good management

work starts at 8 a.m but you could work for a whole day, i've learned a lot since i audit different companies, it has a good management, very friendly co-workers

Pros

great and appreciative management

Cons

long tiring working hours

A good place to learn

Working for any big 4 is good in terms of learning and diversity. You can get exposure to many industries. Growth opportunities are fine but it depends there is no streamline HR policies in this regard.

Pros

Good Experience

Cons

Work Life Balance Not Good and Salary not at par with the market

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits