Kleinfelder

Kleinfelder Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun

Good company to start your career and learn. Reports are easy to fill out and upload. Job is not difficult and great work place culture. Good luck on your journey!

Pros

Good people

Cons

Pay is Bad

Set-up for failure

Kleinfelder aka Hood, have an extensive woke on-boarding program. modern office, very attractive, but they are basically a fancy placement agency. No support from anyone. Disingenuous business practices. Apply with extreme caution!

Pros

modern office

Cons

meat grinder, disingenuine, placement agency

Very Few Hours and Little Pay

Working for Kleinfelder I made very little hourly. That wouldn’t be so bad alone, but the amount of hours that were available to work most weeks never added up to 40.

Nothing good to say

Lower management expects you to give all waking hours you have to your job. Upper management promises changes but doesn't deliver. Then has such high turnover nobody is around to remember those promises.Going above and beyond will only earn criticism on how you should have done even more.

Cool Job

Good for learning new skills. This job will require you to drive a lot, so be prepared. Other than that this is a really cool job to consider starting a career at.

Bad environment

Bad environment. Bad culture. Just Bad in general. CEO propping up to sell to the highest bidder. No thought to the employees if they are not the bottom line.

Fulfilling work although sometimes poorly rolled out.

Kleinfelder is an amazing company to work for once you get a hang of things. I have noticed that you learn a lot on your own and independent of any processes offered by the company but it overall it is worth while workplace.

Excellent Work Environment Promoting Work/Live Balance

Kleinfelder is a company that values it's employees over all. They recognize the importance of a quality team, in every department. Kleinfelder expects it's team to be passionate about their work and likeable, but doesn't expect the team to LIVE their work, rather, be a part of their life!

Good management and Coworkers

Great company to work for. Some weeks a lot of overtime, some not depends what’s going on with the job sites at the time. Management and coworkers are always happy to help.

Great for college students

I learned a lot in my position. Didn’t have much support from upper management and felt like I was overlooked. I gained experience and skills to further my career.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kleinfelder?

Not what it is made out to be

Employees are uneducated and stab other employees in the back. The company does not have the work it claims and your just left out in the cold. Not a good place to be.

Good if you have no life and want to do nothing but work

As said above, they don’t care about your life. Just blow smoke up your you know what. All they want is work at all hours of the day. And to travel week after week.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

They hold things against you

It’s okay and could be better

It was an okay experience. I learn a lot but also feel under pressure a lot. The office was nice but it can be a bit like a fraternity. After I left, I do learn to flex my power and skills better so that is good.

Pros

Nice coffee machine, free lunches and dinner, decent overtime

Cons

Not very good benefits, basically hustling all the time

Needs improvement

Loss of clients, poor changes in management. Large layoffs during the covid pandemic and large amount of employees leaving the company. Good for starting out of college, or early career professional. Company had a better environment 5-10 years ago.

Pros

A good start for entry level and out of college

Cons

Poor pay, benefits, and management

A few bad seeds a few good seeds

A few people can make you feel uncomfortable, by looks and conversations. When it comes to work and merits you can see who is the favorite and just makes you think it is based on privilege. Some people are great to talk with and interact with. You can get your work done and meet deadlines but will never be rewarded. There are the bad seeds and they can make you feel unwanted. If your not privileged you can clearly see who is favored. The company should focus on everyone as a whole and not who brings in the money. Everyone should be treated equally and some managers can use more training.

Some Good people poorly managed by not so good people

Some of the people working here are great, but none of them have a say. no good backlog of work is on hand leaving everyone dry. The atmosphere is cut throat within the company for who has work and who doesn't, as a young employee you are expected to find work within the company with little to no advice or introduction to other PMs. Even after you reach out to other PMs work given to employees outside the region is frowned upon. The company is now owned by Wind Point Partners, a private equity firm. Low level employees are a tool for success and easily replaced.

Great company with room to grow!

Very much enjoyed working for Kleinfelder. I was able to advance, and feel like a member of a team. Benefits are good, pay is good, and the culture is great.

Pros

Monthly training

Cons

Sometimes have to fight for pay

The work environment was good, but job expectations were very generally explained.

While I did come on-board during the pandemic, specific deliverables and expectations were not defined. While entering a new line of work, the assignments made were defined in general deliverables.

Good workplace

A good workplace with a good culture. Management has always been supportive of my growth and is almost always willing to train employees in areas theyre interested in. Field work can make for long tiring days though.

Pros

Culture, Growth

Cons

Days in the field arent for everyone

Big Company, but Small Office with Bad Management

I was inspired to prepare this review when I saw this turnstile location was hiring, yet again. The following summarizes my experience with them.First off, I was employed there for two months before I was fired. I thought I was doing well---I completed a half dozen projects and helped on many others. I was even complimented by the higher ups that reviewed my work, with the exception of one, a biology degree, that told me on one particular project I wrote like a fifth grader, and that I didn't describe the flora and fauna of a property well enough. This particular property had never been developed in its entire existence. Since I didn't perform the site visit, I was merely writing this report based on the notes and photos of someone that did. I suppose Kleinfelder provides bonus material, if not non-ASTM standards, to their clients. I jest, but if they did, they could have simply explained that to me, rather than put me down and insult me. As an aside, technical writing was one of the tougher classes I remember taking in college, in that I had to write like a fifth grader, in plain terms that a client would understand. I mean, perish the thought that a vendor is condescending to the client.In the second month of my tenure, they moved to a larger office, we all did our part in helping with the move. However, on the first real day in the new location, "management" brought me into their office (there were two at this location "managing" the three of us, by the way), and told me I wasn't a good fit and they let me go. I suppose by him saying I wasn't a good fit meant that I didn't -

Pros

Gainful employment, open work hours, loose dress code, complete autonomy, company vehicles

Cons

Non-nurturing, non-coaching, condescending "management" that expects you to know and do everything, so that they can coast on Kleinfelder's dime.

Administrative staff under-appreciated

Management is very inconsistent and employees are held to different standards based on favoritism and likability. If you try to ask questions or provide ideas they are largely ignored and treated negatively. Performance reviews and merit increases do not align. You get a review in April and find out if you get anything in August or September. Manager quarterly performance and goal reviews were non-existent. Increases in metrics that determine your job performance such as utilization is not communicated until it is held against you.

Pros

Ergonomic workstations; co-workers; newly renovated office

Cons

Favoritism; expected to say yes to everything; no bonuses; poor raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kleinfelder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Kleinfelder
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?