Kiewit

Kiewit Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,803 reviews

Great job and interesting work

I really enjoy working for Kiewit and it is my first experience working in a construction environment. The project is interesting and the people have met are great. The ending of the project means moving or finding another job.

Fast paced worked environment

Fast paced worked environment with a decent amount of guidance if you make the right connections early in the career.

intern work

I was a intern and loved my time there. Most people treat you as equal and will help you learn. You get real world experience at this internship. Not just pushing papers.

Unorganized

The company is unorganized. Everybody is very intelligent, but poor communication and poor management don't create a condusive work environment. Efforts are always duplicated and everything is a workaround. Lots of time wasted in meetings. Definately not an efficient workplace.

Fast pace, can be fun but it depends on your boss

Some jobs work you to death an some won't let you get any hours. I would work for them again.. they are a really big company so work can be almost anywhere. They do some really cool jobs in all kinds of construction..

Good early career experience

Kiewit is a great place to start for someone interested in construction. You are given responsibility immediately, and you grow quickly. However, the long hours and low pay might cause you to burn out after a few years.

Good Learning experience

Got to learn a lot working with experienced people. One of the downsides was the terrible mangers. Besides that if you want to learn you have the opportunity.

The Culture is Amazing

Great place to work with great benefits. The people are the number one asset. Wages are very competitive in the market.

Okay if you enjoy office work

I worked for Kiewit as an AP Specialist. Unfortunately the work we did was very basic with us doing basically one task all day everyday. Luckily they allowed us to WFH during the pandemic.

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Mundane tasks

Great

Good to work with very organized some supervisors where better than others. But over all. Good equipment and good turnaround for rotating workers and good camp accommodations flights and travel pre payed is one of there bigger selling points for me as a rotation worker

Very much satisfied

Joined as pipe fitter and ended up in QC at a very quick time and served them for 1.5 years. Was very comfortable as it was my first job as QC and my superiors and colleagues were very co-operative

Moto of company: Project Managers are the King

Low cost producers… company by the shareholders… for the shareholders.. and to the shareholders… easily can take up-to 10 years to even get to first level of shareholders… good old days are over i guess for them…

long hours and not good pay

unless you've been with the company for 10+ you will get good money but you're still getting overworked. I started with 14.65 an hour, raises happened every year by one dollar. very physical job. not worth it.

Enjoy my coworkers & the wealth of knowledge, but you work life balance is not important.

I do like that they have a mentor mentee program, you become close to your team when on a project. Great pay and PTO/Sick Leave is around 3 weeks. They will make you move last minute if needed & will let you go if you say no. Work life balance is not important, job comes before home life. Hard to work there as a woman, it is a man's world and it becomes aparent.

Good place to start your career

Good place to start your career, good benefits, you have to fight to stand out and be proactive in your own career advancement otherwise you get put in a box.

Great work environment

Great work environment, benefits, and career growth. The company really cares about your career growth and projection. Con/pro traveling is required for the job.

Cool Work & Great Co-Workers

Overall, Kiewit does some pretty amazing work and, as an engineer, you get to play a key part in its accomplishments. In my experience, co-workers were very enthusiastic and always willing to provide assistance when requested. They really do make you feel like family.At times, workloads can be intense, and it is important to attempt to establish a good work-life balance for yourself; otherwise, you may find yourself spending frequent late evenings and weekends on the job.

Pros

Great co-workers, good benefits and compensation

Cons

Demanding work, difficult to maintain a work-life balance

Just not worth it

Low balling company !!! KOS doesn't appreciate there workers and it shows, they don't pay very good for your craft either . Management is full of he say she say

Superbe environnement de travail ,travail collectif et droit de refus.

Une superbe entreprise ,beaucoup d'amitié liées en 13 ans dommage que je ne puisse plus y retourner.

Workplace is fun but management is not the best

Ben with the company for about 3 years and they have a fun building workplace but the management is micromanage everything. If micromanagement is your style then go for it

Demanding and Rewarding

Plug in around 6am-Unplug at 6PM and sometimes night work. Management of large scale construction projects of 1000+ or more. Heavy focus on Safety, Quality, and Production

Pros

Culture and room to grow

Cons

Hours and relocation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits