KEO International Consultants

KEO International Consultants Employee Reviews

Qatar99 reviews
As an international organisation KEO is well positioned in the world. I gained very positive and creative experience from this organisation. Every employee in KEO getting good respect.
Architectural Design, Infrastructure Engineering, Project & Construction Management Consulting Firm. Great company to work for they help their staff in all areas.
Working with KEO put pride in your profession as the company and your colleagues recognizes your true potential and capability as an individual.
-always busy, a lot of work assignment
-to understand the different people, always give respect to your superior

-they can easily approach

-they all kind and helpful, always giving advice

-when all the boss give you things to do and all is urgent

-we celebrate birthdays every month, almost everything is enjoyable
Pros
Health Care, 1 hour lunch break
Cons
nothing
KEO is a GCC company and violating Human rights of its employees despite the many foreign employees from Western countries. It seems that the policy of the company is highly affected by Middle East business environment even western employees especially in HR are dealing with other employees in a very bossy way. It is not a company where you can stay and build a career especially if you work on site. No training is provided and no possibility to advance your skills there. It is ok on a project by project basis (2-3 year max).
Pros
pay is on time.
Cons
Personal connections are playing great role in taking decisions, Company provide different benefits for different employees of the same position
Handle administration/secretarial or technical tasks, etc. Coordinates with the msnagers, engineers and clients, etc.
working with KEO is for me considered as school more than a work place as I used to learn and earn new knowledge and information along with the huge experience everyday.
I enjoyed the work environment and the system / policy of the company.

we were in each project I worked in as one family, we share the difficulties and the fun together.

The deadlines were the toughest thing we always face.

and the real happiness when we get the continues thanks for our effort from the management and from our clients.
Cons
we had midical insurance and we get annual leave
Founded in 1964, KEO delivers world-class professional design and management services. KEO offers award winning architectural design, progressive infrastructure engineering and highly ranked project and construction management known for quality and professionalism. KEO is one of the largest AEP/PMCM firms and have consistently ranked in ENR in the top 200 International Design Firms as well as Top 20 International PM rankings 2004-2011. BD World recently ranked KEO #44 in the Top 100 Architects in the world.

KEO strives to be recognized globally and regionally as one of the finest project consultancy firms contributing to client success wherever we work.
Enjoyed every aspect of life and work at KEO.Got opportunities to work on challenging projects.
A day starts with a plan for the whole day that I need to accomplish and things that should learn from my colleagues from the experiences. I always make it a point to be cooperative and nice to my co-worker to have a productive day ahead of me.

The hardest part of the job is when you don't expect things that may happen ahead of you but for as long as I believe that everything has a solution and having in mind that I have the support of the company to deal with difficult times, I am confident that I can solve all the problems.
Pros
Team work
Cons
paying too much attention to details
Hightly trained Facade QA/QC Inspector.

Daily site surveillance to guide the contractor for the highes quality of works on site.

Preparing and issuance of Non-Conformance Report (NCR) and Surveillance Deficiency Report (SDR).

Conduct formal and informal inspection and preparing inspection report (IR).

Reviewing Method Statement and Shop Drawing.
This position was made enjoyable by having an extremely supportive Senior Manager and capable co-workers. The majority of the staff working under my management were from a large multicultural background which tested communication, but created an interesting diversity in the workplace.
The usual workday consisted of meetings and problem solving on all levels. Client, Contractor and team meetings. Staff meetings for design review, variation assessments and general site issues. Often impromptu meetings with the Client to discuss variations and incomplete design on major elements such as structural, mechanical, Architectural and commercial items. Preparation of reports and review and signing of all incoming and outgoing correspondence.

Regular site visits to determine progress and quality of work.

I have learnt a great deal from this role in regards to overall management of a large team, mentoring staff and an often difficult Clients.
Pros
Challenging role
Daily basis inspection to the site as per RFI request.
Instruction the contractor & sub contractor method of statement
Pros
open
Cons
short breaks
full support from Main office
Senior resident engineers and senior construction mangers are so helpful and supportive
Around 19 years experience in Indian sub continent & Middle East in the field of Design and Drafting for Infrastructure, Telecom, Electrical & Major Urban Developments, and Transport planning designs, Highways & Bridges and Landscape and Utilities in all project phases.

Hands on experience in management, administration, direction and training of CAD Designers, CAD Technicians for the preparations of design packages utilizing AutoCAD and other CAD software’s, management of designed drawings based on all available data’s, information’s, CAD manual, standards and procedures etc
great time to work with,friendly atmosphere
good to work with

good health care

great benefits
I have learned to work with different kind of people from different nationalities and cultures. It was a challenge to know how to mingle and work hand in hand with them as a team. A rewarding experience leaving the company with friends.
The top construction consultancy firm in the Middle east with a highly qualified team of engineers and architects working together for an iconic and innovative design in Architecture and Engineering
This was a great opportunity to be on a design and logistics Team for one of the worlds largest and most prestigios Hospitals in the World and UAE.Construction costs in excess of $3 Billion USD.
Sidre Medical Centre in Doha, Qatar. Imagine billing this amount and building this facility in 3+ years...

About 12,000 employees a day worked on this project 24/7.

Also had an opportunity to see and be part of some of the worlds most largest and expensive projects ever built. Amazingly, the plans and specification were of Western based technology, so I felt very comfortable. Was taken care of very well. 7:30 -4:00 workday sunday - Thursday - off Friday and 1/2 day Saturday.

99% of all signs, advertisements and product was in both Arabic and English. This was an experience that I will never forget and was treated great. If I was younger, I would have stayed for many years.
Pros
co workers are from all over the world
Cons
5 1/2 day work week - a lot of sand, everywhere - metric system