KEO International Consultants Employee Reviews in Doha

Challenging and fun workplace
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarOctober 27, 2015
KEO International Consultants' typical day at work was challenging. There are 20 - 30 new drawings/ documents that come in the office. The number of documents may vary depending on the stage of the project i.e. Bore Hole stage or Glazing stage

I learned that the key to a successful documentation is about presence of mind and following of the system procedure of the company. It is always the about the day to day process that I must perform utmost precision and focus. Because every single document is VERY important. I want to make sure that I thoroughly document all that comes in, circulates and goes out in the office.

When it comes to management, I really commend my immediate supervisor, the Project Manager. He is from New Zealand and KEO did a great job finding a very talented and professional PM. In line with this, as a result, the project management is on time on the timeline schedule.

The management of KEO when it comes to their employees was really outstanding. They treated us with respect and professionalism. Not to mention their on time transfer of salary every month.

My co-workers were from different parts of the world.

Our office boys were from Bangladesh and Nepal. I had a great job related experience with them. Because they are industrious, kind and polite.

Our project manager was from New Zealand. He was a down to earth and professional when it comes to trusting me in my document control abilities.

The hardest part of the job which I have been into was when I adopted the document procedures in a Consultancy firm. I believe that the process is
  more... way off different than my previous job. But as soon as I got the system process going, I had a smooth and easy flow of work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the team accomplishes a task at hand, such as monthly report and project stage (bore holes), efficiently and up to date. We celebrated and tapped eachother's shoulder for a job well done. This was very empowering and inspiring because it boosted our confidence and team work - camaraderie.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
6 days a week work
Good working Atmosphere.But no evaluation and increment
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWOctober 20, 2015
Good working Atmosphere.But no evaluation and increment.The company has too many projects in qatar giving high salaries to white people.For indians the salary is very low
Diverse Culture
Facade Engineer/Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWOctober 6, 2015
Working with KEO put pride in your profession as the company and your colleagues recognizes your true potential and capability as an individual.
productive, at lot of nicecoworker
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJuly 25, 2015
-always busy, a lot of work assignment
-to understand the different people, always give respect to your superior
-they can easily approach
-they all kind and helpful, always giving advice
-when all the boss give you things to do and all is urgent
-we celebrate birthdays every month, almost everything is enjoyable
Pros
Health Care, 1 hour lunch break
Cons
nothing
A challenging job
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Doha, QatarMarch 12, 2015
Handle administration/secretarial or technical tasks, etc. Coordinates with the msnagers, engineers and clients, etc.
The super fast company with its super fast track projects
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Doha,QatarFebruary 18, 2015
working with KEO is for me considered as school more than a work place as I used to learn and earn new knowledge and information along with the huge experience everyday.
I enjoyed the work environment and the system / policy of the company.
we were in each project I worked in as one family, we share the difficulties and the fun together.
The deadlines were the toughest thing we always face.
and the real happiness when we get the continues thanks for our effort from the management and from our clients.
Cons
we had midical insurance and we get annual leave
x
Technical Design Lead and Deputy Project Manager (Current Employee) –  dohaJanuary 5, 2015
Founded in 1964, KEO delivers world-class professional design and management services. KEO offers award winning architectural design, progressive infrastructure engineering and highly ranked project and construction management known for quality and professionalism. KEO is one of the largest AEP/PMCM firms and have consistently ranked in ENR in the top 200 International Design Firms as well as Top 20 International PM rankings 2004-2011. BD World recently ranked KEO #44 in the Top 100 Architects in the world.

KEO strives to be recognized globally and regionally as one of the finest project consultancy firms contributing to client success wherever we work.
KEO International Consultant
Senior Transportation Planner / Modeler (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWNovember 6, 2014
Enjoyed every aspect of life and work at KEO.Got opportunities to work on challenging projects.
A person that has a positive dispositon in life and a goal oriented person.
Site Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWSeptember 3, 2014
A day starts with a plan for the whole day that I need to accomplish and things that should learn from my colleagues from the experiences. I always make it a point to be cooperative and nice to my co-worker to have a productive day ahead of me.

The hardest part of the job is when you don't expect things that may happen ahead of you but for as long as I believe that everything has a solution and having in mind that I have the support of the company to deal with difficult times, I am confident that I can solve all the problems.
Pros
Team work
Cons
paying too much attention to details
Challenging position, active work mate, productive and peer teaching.
Façade Inspector (Current Employee) –  Doha, Qatar.April 9, 2014
Hightly trained Facade QA/QC Inspector.

Daily site surveillance to guide the contractor for the highes quality of works on site.

Preparing and issuance of Non-Conformance Report (NCR) and Surveillance Deficiency Report (SDR).

Conduct formal and informal inspection and preparing inspection report (IR).

Reviewing Method Statement and Shop Drawing.
Enjoyable and challenging position
Snr Project Manager/Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Doha, DAWMarch 14, 2014
This position was made enjoyable by having an extremely supportive Senior Manager and capable co-workers. The majority of the staff working under my management were from a large multicultural background which tested communication, but created an interesting diversity in the workplace.
The usual workday consisted of meetings and problem solving on all levels. Client, Contractor and team meetings. Staff meetings for design review, variation assessments and general site issues. Often impromptu meetings with the Client to discuss variations and incomplete design on major elements such as structural, mechanical, Architectural and commercial items. Preparation of reports and review and signing of all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
Regular site visits to determine progress and quality of work.
I have learnt a great deal from this role in regards to overall management of a large team, mentoring staff and an often difficult Clients.
Pros
Challenging role
Electrical inspector
Electrical Inspector (Current Employee) –  Doha,February 9, 2014
Daily basis inspection to the site as per RFI request.
Instruction the contractor & sub contractor method of statement
Pros
open
Cons
short breaks
Good Working and friendly Envoironment
Sr. Designer (Current Employee) –  Doha, QatarMarch 14, 2013
Around 19 years experience in Indian sub continent & Middle East in the field of Design and Drafting for Infrastructure, Telecom, Electrical & Major Urban Developments, and Transport planning designs, Highways & Bridges and Landscape and Utilities in all project phases.

Hands on experience in management, administration, direction and training of CAD Designers, CAD Technicians for the preparations of design packages utilizing AutoCAD and other CAD software’s, management of designed drawings based on all available data’s, information’s, CAD manual, standards and procedures etc
challeging work experience
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Doha QatarJune 5, 2012
I have learned to work with different kind of people from different nationalities and cultures. It was a challenge to know how to mingle and work hand in hand with them as a team. A rewarding experience leaving the company with friends.
A very balanced work environment with a clear objectives and management support towards work decisions
Site Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Doha QatarMay 24, 2012
The top construction consultancy firm in the Middle east with a highly qualified team of engineers and architects working together for an iconic and innovative design in Architecture and Engineering
Hard work, Learning Experience, but paid well
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarApril 30, 2012
This was a great opportunity to be on a design and logistics Team for one of the worlds largest and most prestigios Hospitals in the World and UAE.Construction costs in excess of $3 Billion USD.
Sidre Medical Centre in Doha, Qatar. Imagine billing this amount and building this facility in 3+ years...
About 12,000 employees a day worked on this project 24/7.
Also had an opportunity to see and be part of some of the worlds most largest and expensive projects ever built. Amazingly, the plans and specification were of Western based technology, so I felt very comfortable. Was taken care of very well. 7:30 -4:00 workday sunday - Thursday - off Friday and 1/2 day Saturday.
99% of all signs, advertisements and product was in both Arabic and English. This was an experience that I will never forget and was treated great. If I was younger, I would have stayed for many years.
Pros
co workers are from all over the world
Cons
5 1/2 day work week - a lot of sand, everywhere - metric system