Johnson Controls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews for Quality Control Inspector

I like working for Johnson Controls and the benefits are really good but the pay is below the industry average. The work life balance is good depending on the department. If you're hired to work in the shipping department work life balance is not good. You will work long hours and 6 days a week.
not heavy job , safety workplace, full benefits and RRSP contribution 20 days vacation pay , allow to take single day or book in advance job replacement when long on vacation
I found it to be a very nice place to work. I loved my co workers. I miss working there. I would go back if i could. And i highly recommend it to anyone who is at an entry level.
Really a excellent place to work you have great benefits working there the pay is really great as well only had a hard time with going to a different job on the matter of a laid off
The hardest part of the job is the variety of products we have, and the ability for the engineers to keep up with that. Also to provide the plant with the proper drawings to ensure the product is built correctly.
If JCI had't lost their contract with Mbusi, I would still be there now. The chance to advance was there. The pay was great at that time..And the managers knew there job.
Pros
Advancement and the pay were the best.
Cons
We lost our contract.
Factory jobs are not easy but this one is a good place to work. They offer great pay and benefits. Good environment and stable. Sick pay and vacation time along with insurance.
Benefits
Cons
Hot in the summer and cold in the winter, fast paced, and hard on your body.
Fast paced enviroment with 2 breaks a day. Rarely ever saw manager if anything was needed. Could get very hot some days to the point its unbearable. Was a very good learning experience.
Pros
In house gym, paid lunch
Cons
Hot, lack of management
I love working for this company the managers was very respectful and understanding a well-put-together company very organized I would have been still working for this company if the location did not close down
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Johnson Controls?
It was a wonderful place to work but as far as the pay thru the temp I was working wasn't enough. The employee were very nice the work was very easy I just wanted a little more
Days were variable depending on priority and availability of parts required for the assembly line. Management provided more than required attention to job required to complete which of course makes ease of work and efficiency of day. Co-workers and work environment pleasant.
Management is all over the place. You don't feel like you accomplished anything at the end of the day.
it was a great work environment, the coworkers were friendly, fast paced work environment, learned the difference between good welds and bad welds, no job security for temps. the work day consists of physical labor that requires knowledgeable skills as required.
A typical day at work consists of starting off my duties including First piece inspections of the molding area. I also do first piece inspections of all other areas of the plant. Light paper work and filing.My Co workers and I work in groups or alone to complete our daily tasks. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the production area when the first piece inspections find bad parts. However, I enjoy the freedom of my job being able to muti task and make my own decisions after management leaves for the night.
Pros
Freedom to work alone and take my breaks when time allows
Cons
Late night hours
A typical day will include inspections of seats and audits on employees working on the production line. I have learnt that quality is a (to a certain extent) a product of attitude. Management always involved the staff and provided an opportunity for the staff to apply the ideas to the improvement of the company. My co-workers were always willing to land a helping hand to others and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is when we received rejects or defective seats from the customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is the reviews and appreciation we got from management for our achievements of producing the best products and meeting the customer's requirements.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Having to put in extra hours to fix defects that could have been avoided.
Primary duties were to inspect all units performing standardize tests. Had to read schematics and made sure connections were in accordance with the schematics. After all test were done on a unit and passed, the unit could go through to the next area of manufacture. If not, it had to go out of line. I learned testing procedures on electric heaters. Management were fair and even protect the employee as long the employee had an legit excuse. Co-workers some were great and others ok in communicating, but everybody had good ethics. The hardest part was repetitive work. Work on weekdays and some Saturdays