Johnson Controls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews for Production Lead

I love what was doing for the company! I also had the opportunity to teach others so that they can grow in the company! I also learned different skills and and trades!
Pros
Free uniform! Free blood pressure checked and free blood lead monthly!
Cons
Not enough overtime and more work!
This company is terrible. You give your best 100% not good enough the goal is literally 128% efficiency. Therefore quality and safety are put aside.
Pros
Lots of ot big checks
Cons
No time to spend your money
JIT facility with job rotations, worked to meet customers demand, 2 shifts, open door policy with management and great to work with. Fun & great people.
Pros
Free lunches with goal accomplishments, perfect attendance awards including a extra week of vacations
Cons
Repetitive jobs
Long crazy hours...I wasn't married then and had no children, but for a family man it would suck. I worked from 3:30 p.m. to 2 in the morning. If I were married or had children I would never see them. pay was good and benefits even better. But not worth missing out on your family.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hours
This is a fortune 100 company that's being ran like a mom and pop's company by older members of Johnson Controls facility..! Major changes need to be made..!
Pros
very small incientive increases
Cons
no time for family or hobbies
this company favored people. No room for advancement unless you knew someone. Worked 6 days a week and every week. People always gossip as well. Made jobs harder than what they were
I would meet with the management team and discuss our goal for the day. After the meeting I would gather my employee and stretch before we begin the line. The hardest part of the job was meeting our goal to finish within 8 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to successfully communicate and resolve issues.
Pros
Kaizen
Cons
Resolutions
A typical day included production and only having a rotation of about five jobs. Management, depending on the line and shift, were typically unorganized due to how they were always moved from line to line. Wasn't enough consistancy to ensure 100% effectiveness on regulations and quality. Hardest part of the job was offering my opinions on how to better the jobs I did and being ignored. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fast pace environment and usually being appreciated for how hard I worked.
Pros
Fast pace environment, 13 paid holidays, 4 weeks paid vacation in the year
Cons
Management favors certain individuals, new ideas of efficiency from employees aren't listened to
i was a teamleader for 6yrs worked there 8yrs was laidoff when gm left
Pros
great job
Cons
gm left us