Johnson Controls
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews for Maintenance Technician

many technical challenges managemnt is spportive and unbiased its a good place to learn promotions are available and tarining is substantial make sure to be on time
Pros
nice break room
Cons
a/c not working
The Mainrenance manager and supervisor does not know how to manage. They do not have any leadership abilities what so ever. If you are a military veteran a good peace if advice for you would be to stay clear of any Johnson Controls plant.
Pros
Cons
Treatment of employees and military veterans
Extremely hot place to work and fast paced. You must have your blood drawn often for blood lead levels. Everyone complains about the quality/ lack of training. Safety is number 1 priority and will get you fired easily for anything even unintentional or not properly trained. You are pressured to sign off on paperwork weather you comfortable about doing so or not. Some supervisors are helpful others are not. The pay is fair for the St. Joe area but the benefits are bad. If you like overtime, you will get all you want and all you don’t want.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits, very unhealthy environment.
Johnson contrails is one of the top mnc and it’s a good friend for youth Good nature company and good hr policy Job is secure and life time work until our we left out
Great pay, great benefits, management that are willing to work with you on personal issues. You will feel like your service is highly Appreciated without being micromanage.
Entrepreneurs value employees who are constantly striving to make themselves better—having a more skilled team leads to a better company. I love when my employees say, ‘I want to learn more about this,’ or ‘I really think I could help the company by moving into this area.’ It’s up to each employee to figure out how he or she can be best utilized in a growing company.
If you are a professional who works within teams and expects professionalism instead of politics, move along. JCI is a failing business with no future
• Always feel like you’re needed • Training is vey good • Benefits are great and gives great amount of vacation days • Teamwork is a must • Works around your schedule for appointments
Good place to work, not a lot of advancement. Salary is in line with national averages. Good benefits package. Working conditions are good, opportunities for overtime.
I was over maintenance and outside grounds maintenance I helped maintain the FEU's and the outside maintenance and upkeep of the premises so that the air purity and the water purity was safe and secure
Pros
I loved my hours
Cons
Hot in summer and cold in winter
So be weekends there working dont help in the employee family relation...so managment can change the weekends works days to weeks works days. Work Tuesday Wednesday and thurday straight
Great environment wonderful people to work woth. Pay was very good hours where great. Was a factory but pretty clean for the most part. Benefits that are offered are great. Very thoughtful of personal/family life.
Good company to work for and great management can be overwhelming at times when it comes to the stress and timeliness of completing tasks and calibrations. They train for their Metasys system and I received great counsel from some honest people in which I learned to value time, think, plan and then execute it.
Pros
Nice company to work in.
Cons
Could provide more opportunities for newer HVAC technicians.
I've worked for many companies in the same role I was employed in at JCI (Largo, Florida). Never have I been exposed to a more toxic environment. It is so insidious and consuming, the first thing that comes to my mind is "Stockholm Syndrome," the dysfunction has permeated the minds of most that have been there over 5 years (which aren't many in maintenance). A common refrain is since the company is multi-national and Fortune (whatever), most people are lured to that glitter. Don't be lured. Tip #1 DO NOT allow them to talk you into coming in as a contract worker. You will have no benefits for 90 days (they say) which can lead up to 180 days or more. (Employee verified). INSIST TO BE DIRECTLY HIRED. Or suffer the consequences. Tip #2 Oh did I say that if you make the "contract" probation of 90 days, you must suffer another 90 days with no holiday pay etc? YUP! I could go on and on but I hope you get my drift. This company which looks good from the outside looking in is in actuality a low paid, sorry posterior benefit, with a culture that demands a "foot in the *posterior" management philosophy. No place for a talented individual, largely because you will be dumped on third shift while they "direct hire" a person after you with full benefits to screw you out of seniority. It has happened to me. Stay away from Johnson Controls Largo if you know what's good for you! I'm out today and feel great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Paid weekly (weakly)
Cons
See above
long hours and hard work but full feeling . made it all worth it had plenty of guys on job site to perform any task at hand .paid time off and take said time off without having to come back early.
Pros
great job
Cons
management
I enjoyed working for them. In my position I was incharge of a large JCPenny store. I worked very well with all the people there and was treated as one of them instead of an outside contractor.
Chase your tail all day long. Place is a revolving door. As they hire people the same amount quit. The right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing here.
Pros
guaranteed overtime forced
Cons
no work family balance
They have lot of different branches , from havc ,fire, control,car batteries, customer service, building maintains . I work most of the branches work and seen if you work hard and get pay good i well gave them that , but when start to get to the top they are going fire you .
Pros
401 match
Cons
Racist, managers will plan you deime are termination, i seen them terminate more the 20 people each year
High turnover in management. I was in maintenance and we had to work 6-7 days per week and 12 hour shifts. I worked there a LONG TIME and when I started it was fantastic until new management put more emphasis on the profit rather than the quality of work and treatment of employees
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
management
This plastic injection interiors plant was not a good place to work. They are sold to different companies every couple of years because they cannot plan for their customers and produce sub par products.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Terrible management
illiterate management. clique environment. no new ideas unless it's a management idea. no advancements. hostile work environment. constantly being misinformed and lied to. left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing. fly by the seat of your pants operation. clueless what GMP is all about.
Pros
Cons
heat and unhealthy environment